12 minutes ago, CoachX said:

He wants more money and the Flyers won't give him any

the environment is toxic and he doesn't want to be part of it

he wants a fresh start someplace where he will have a more significant role

the team sucks and isn't going anywhere

#GoldStandard

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

He hasn't earned anything and has zero leverage.

I hear Sochi is nice. He can go play with Rubustov.

You just might be on to something...

1 out of 3 aint bad

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:
5 hours ago, radoran said:

He can go play with Rubustov.

Second time i seen you spell his nice like that am i like what???

And now i get it well played sir well played

Just caught that as well...very, very clever

• Like 1

@CoachX

@OccamsRazor

Rubustov really illustrates the disparity between the top of the draft players and the "1st rounder" damn. 

Really only Alex Debrinkat, was picked after him and made a splash, so far.

He's probably out of NA for a long while, if not forever. 

sucks to have another 1st rounder amount to diddly/poo.

so, Morin, Rubustov, Patrick, O'Brien that's 4 guys as first pick that have lived up to nothing so far. I like Samuel too, where he is today was a likely outcome. He was considered a project at the time, breaking all his knees kept him from his max potential. Now, it would be great if he could hang on as a #7.

As such, I can see why there would be an interest in trying to rehabilitate Patrick.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

He's probably out of NA for a long while, if not forever. 

sucks to have another 1st rounder amount to diddly/poo.

so, Morin, Rubustov, Patrick, O'Brien that's 4 guys as first pick that have lived up to nothing so far.

I know and Ron was lauded as this great genius....but well in my eyes the jury is still out on most of his picks.

Even Sanheim and Frost too.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I know and Ron was lauded as this great genius....but well in my eyes the jury is still out on most of his picks.

If his legacy is simply Hart and Provorov that's not terrible. Add in Konecny, Farabee, and maybe Allison and it gets better.

I've gone over the alternatives to his other picks multiple times. Like @mojo1917 said there's a great disparity between picking top 10 and picking middle down. Not to mention from draft to draft.

Not every pick is going to pan out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, radoran said:

If his legacy is simply Hart and Provorov that's not terrible. Add in Konecny, Farabee, and maybe Allison and it gets better.

I've gone over the alternatives to his other picks multiple times. Like @mojo1917 said there's a great disparity between picking top 10 and picking middle down. Not to mention from draft to draft.

Not every pick is going to pan out.

Yes i know but just many are quick to judge picks and say they suck before they have a chance to even play it goes the other way to as far as proclaiming him a genius. It takes time to judge the picks and as i said the judge is still out on them....even Hart and Ivan. 

At the end of the day if Ivan and Hart don't win a Cup can we truly call it a success??

20 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think Hextall was lauded as someone willing to try a different approach than the previous guys who'd sell out the youth for guys who used to be great. He also drafted way more goaltenders and D than the guys before him. Some of his prospects (Frost/O'Brien/Allison/Ratcliffe/Cates/Lazcynski/Zamula/Ustimenko/Sandstrom) are still developing. 

Something different had to be done. Because the old way didn't bring us a cup in 40 years of trying. At least Fletcher still has prospects coming up at every position that Hextall drafted...something he sure didn't enjoy when he took over from Homer.  

And for the guys willing to give Morin time EIGHT years after his draft, maybe they could give some of Hextalls picks the same courtesy, 3, 4, 5 years after? 

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I think Hextall was lauded as someone willing to try a different approach than the previous guys who'd sell out the youth for guys who used to be great. He also drafted way more goaltenders and D than the guys before him. Some of his prospects (Frost/O'Brien/Allison/Ratcliffe/Cates/Lazcynski/Zamula/Ustimenko/Sandstrom) are still developing. 

Something different had to be done. Because the old way didn't bring us a cup in 40 years of trying. At least Fletcher still has prospects coming up at every position that Hextall drafted...something he sure didn't enjoy when he took over from Homer.  

And for the guys willing to give Morin time EIGHT years after his draft, maybe they could give some of Hextalls picks the same courtesy, 3, 4, 5 years after? 

I said the jury is still out on them what else can we do.

2 years away from being two years away works...

I don't want to be to critical with the comments, comments.

But I want to give a little inside info on Patrick as a person.

He does care about playing hockey.

He doesn't care for the PA side of the business. Just like Pronger he can punk the media for being stupid and malicious/petty.

He won't be goated to respond to stupid hearsay by little twatter media. Maybe with his buddies is a different story.

I'm not in full agreement but respect it.

So don't expect him to come out and defend/refute a stupid non quote.

Another fact: his last contract he got screwed over, take home paywise. That bs incentive laden contract got his previous agent fired. He wants more money than the underpaid contract of a former #1-2 player. We did get the first overall pick in Patrick as a second pick. He was going to be first overall unanimously but got hurt during draft year just like Coots was gifted to us as well.

Again if your expecting a rebuttal from Patty, it aint happenin. He don't play dat.

Homie aint gonna waste his time on simps.

This start over in a new country with a new ID and social security card and new set of college friends never go well in scary movies and hockey towns.

The Covid Chainsaw Season Fear Massacre end credits are rolling on the screen now.

We will evaluate on our youth next season.

Valid points on organization and culture.

See the thing is Hextall was laying the foundation with building through draft and acquiring Cap Space, seasoning youth till they "earned" time to come up to the Biggs. In a perfect world Patrick should of seasoned in the AHL but antiquated poaching all our players from the OHL/Q/CHL foolery rules screwed us.

Hextall seemed to be draining the swamp and upper org got butthurt.

He was changing the "culture" for players and they didn't "like" it, this was "family"

and the "Family Rules here mentality"

Though Hackstoll was something that didn't work out. He was brought in to develop our youth like he did in College.

Play hard 200ft and give a mutha sucka about playing for your Team.

#KEEPPATRICK

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Another fact: his last contract he got screwed over, take home paywise. That bs incentive laden contract got his previous agent fired.

Sorry bud not sure where you get your info but Patty didn't have any performance bonuses or incentives on this past contract.

He was coming off an injury and that usually the norm for players to get prove it one year deals.

Incentives are only allowed by 3 ways. Entry level contracts, over 35 contracts and of course one year deal where players are coming off long term injury. Long term is defined as a player on injured reserve for a minimum of 100 days in the last year. CBA nothing an agent can do about that.

So his base salary on his entry level contract was $832K. His one year deal paid him $874K.

So he actually got a slight raise. I think that is fine. No way they were going to hand out a longer deal.

And if they are smart he may not sign more than a two year one now. We will have to wait and see.

Patty can be mad all he wants but he got a fair shake so the best thing he can do have a good offseason come in ready to show he is over the injury concerns and play well and if he doesn't want to stay in Philly they will have to find a trade partner.

It's nothing personal. It's business. Brandon Brooks of the Eagles said it best when he learned of the Eagles shopping him and i will quote...

“This is a business, man,” he said. “The second you lose sight of this is a business is the second it gets to you. So for me, I get it. I’m an older guy, coming off an injury, at the time we were cash-strapped, make a lot of money. I get it. It didn’t hurt my feelings. I understand it’s a business.”

Sorry bud not sure where you get your info but Patty didn't have any performance bonuses or incentives on this past contract.

He was coming off an injury and that usually the norm for players to get prove it one year deals.

Incentives are only allowed by 3 ways. Entry level contracts, over 35 contracts and of course one year deal where players are coming off long term injury. Long term is defined as a player on injured reserve for a minimum of 100 days in the last year. CBA nothing an agent can do about that.

So his base salary on his entry level contract was $832K. His one year deal paid him $874K.

So he actually got a slight raise. I think that is fine. No way they were going to hand out a longer deal.

And if they are smart he may not sign more than a two year one now. We will have to wait and see.

Patty can be mad all he wants but he got a fair shake so the best thing he can do have a good offseason come in ready to show he is over the injury concerns and play well and if he doesn't want to stay in Philly they will have to find a trade partner.

It's nothing personal. It's business. Brandon Brooks of the Eagles said it best when he learned of the Eagles shopping him and i will quote...

“This is a business, man,” he said. “The second you lose sight of this is a business is the second it gets to you. So for me, I get it. I’m an older guy, coming off an injury, at the time we were cash-strapped, make a lot of money. I get it. It didn’t hurt my feelings. I understand it’s a business.”

I should of been more clear in regards to his contract which was his first one not his second signing and I agree I wouldn't pay him more just on potential like we did with Jake.

It be great to keep him but as previously said if he was packaged with another piece to get high end talent back, that would be the way to go.

Package him and Frost together and see what that would unfold.

I hear McDavid is now a remote possibility to be moved for the right fleece.

• Like 1

Ya this is how I see it when Briere got bought out even after he did allot for the organization, after hours wise.

#Business

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 9:08 AM, ruxpin said:

#GoldStandard

Take what you will from his new agents comments but I do notice there is no denial about wanting out of Philly.

“I’m just at the stage now where I’m compiling information and trying to ascertain what ‘s happened in the past,” Evans said. “Once we get that figured all out, then we’ll have a plan for the future. It involves me speaking with Chuck [Fletcher, the Flyers general manager].” [...]

“At the end of the day, Philadelphia retains his rights. He’s s Group 2 free agent, so the Flyers determine ultimately what happens with his rights,” Evans said. “I’m sure we’ll have further discussions with Chuck about the whole situation. But I would like everybody to take a deep breath at the end of the year, and we’ll work from there.”  

It is like Wentz at the end of the day I don't want anyone to be here that doesn't.

So for the right price I will send him packing.

I guess best thing he can do in the meantime is be a good soldier and keep quiet while Chuckles works the phones.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, radoran said:

I just wonder what the "right price" would be in this situation. What do you get for a "disappointing" overall #2 pick?

@BobbyClarkeFan16

Brought up a good suggestion of Cody Glass from Vegas and them not being happy or giving him a true chance there.

So honestly I would do it for something like that if Vegas would be willing.

If but for no other reason to have a different deck chair to admire.

But if we look around the NHL hard enough there has to be some great hockey mind that thinks they can get him to the level he needs to be heading...and it may just bring a project back.

I guess I'd have to see something brought first to properly weigh.

17 minutes ago, radoran said:

I just wonder what the "right price" would be in this situation. What do you get for a "disappointing" overall #2 pick?

Flyers gave up Prospal, Fat Balloon, and a 2 to get 68 games, 12 goals, and 19 assists of Alexander Daigle and then flipped him for 13 games and an assist from Andrei Kovalenko on the way to completing the process of turning  Prospal and the pick that became Briere into Adam Burt.

Is there a GM out there that's going to give a mid-six roster forward and a 2nd for him? Is that enough?

In the end, the Flyers have all the cards. If he doesn't want to play for AV, he can play for Lappy in Lehigh...

The one thing about the other trades is, yes the players were underachievers , but they didn’t have the injury/ migraine history the Patrick does and his -30 isn’t helping. Right now I don’t think any GM is giving up more than a third round pick for him. The Flyers need to find a way to get Patrick to play half a season in Philly and then make an assessment from there. We have nothing to gain by trading him now. He has no leverage, tell him he has to show up at camp and play for this team and we will see what happens .

If he plays well , and develops chemistry with his line mates it can help his confidence and his value increases either as a member of the Flyers or for a trade at the deadline. You have to think he will do much better than his 13 points and -30 from this season. So you do not sell your stock when it’s at an all time low , you wait for it to rebound and then decide. It doesn’t hurt us any to hold on to him, especially with Hayes and Frost both coming off surgery. If Patrick plays to his ability, he can easily become the second line center. That should be a selling point by management and incentive for him to stay for one more season .

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

And wouldn't that require waivers to get there oh I am sure someone would snag him for free.

see Ghost

I don't think anyone else in the league wants Phily's garbage.....even for free

Edited by CoachX

47 minutes ago, CoachX said:

see Ghost

I don't think anyone else in the league wants Phily's garbage.....even for free

Trust. Me. No one wanted Ghost at 4.5 mill for 3 more years.

Patrick will be making 950K for one year.

That is worth the claim.

You claim the player you claim his current contract.

Yes no one was going to claim Ghost and that contract.