Patrick hires new agent...might want oit

CoachX

Latest On Flyers’ Nolan Patrick

May 13th, 2021 at 7:29pm CST • By Zach Leach

When Nolan Patrick was drafted second overall by the Philadelphia Flyers in 2017, a lot was expected of the former WHL phenom. Patrick got off to a solid, if unspectacular start to his pro career, logging 61 points in 145 games through his first two seasons. However, Patrick missed the entire 2019-20 season due to migraines suffered as a result of multiple concussions. Patrick returned to action this season and was fortunately able to play in 52 of the Flyers’ 56 games, but his production fell off immensely to just nine points and he posted a team-worst -30 rating. Entering another off-season in which he will be a restricted free agent, there is some uncertainty about Patrick’s future.

Unsurprisingly, Patrick is looking to make a change. Before that can happen on the ice, it will come with his representation. TSN’s Frank Seravalli reports that Patrick has switched agencies. His third agent in three years is now Rich Evans of Point West, who will be tasked with trying to earn Patrick a raise on his current underwhelming deal. The top pick initially signed an entry-level deal worth up to $3.575MM in bonuses, but after missing last season he was forced to settle for a one-year, $874K pact as an RFA last summer. Even though his performance this season was far below expectations, Patrick hopes that his ability to stay on the ice will lead to some sort of bump in pay.

Perhaps more of a surprise is that Seravalli also reports that Patrick and his new agent will also re-evaluate his fit in Philadelphia. Seravalli believes that Patrick’s camp may be looking for a fresh start elsewhere. His stock has fallen so far since the Flyers’ used their highest pick since James van Riemsdyk a decade earlier that Patrick may be looking to escape that negative spotlight for a team who would appreciate his arrival.

Of course, the Flyers have only ever stated that they continue to support Patrick and can still see his immense future potential. Seravalli believes that the team would like to see how Patrick fares next season with a fully healthy off-season and a fresh start at training camp. However, if contract negotiations go south or Patrick asks for a trade, the Flyers may have no choice but to move on. The NHL Expansion Draft could also play a role, as Patrick needs to be protected from the Seattle Kraken, but in Philadelphia’s deep forward corps that involves exposing another valuable player. If Patrick isn’t part of their future, the Flyers could go in another direction at the draft. There is still a lot to be determined this summer about the next steps for Patrick and his team, a storyline that could be intriguing in a unique and fast-paced off-season

If he seriously thinks he deserves a raise, its proof his head is still jacked up

The kid is JVR 2.0. I just hope other GMs think he has value. If he wants out, SEE YA!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CoachX said:

If he seriously thinks he deserves a raise, its proof his head is still jacked up

The kid is JVR 2.0. I just hope other GMs think he has value. If he wants out, SEE YA!

Yeah no sh it.

See ya.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

What will they ever do without his -30!!!!

Trade this guy for a 2nd round pick and be done with it already.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

goes to show he cares more about money then competing, he's such a lousy player.  he's gone.

don't hijack the thread, this isn't about Voracek

• Haha 2

I found the money aspect of this story really interesting. Someone fill me in? Have there been any comments attributed to Oscar regarding money?

I mentioned in another thread, that I could see a player, with a history of injuries, trying t get paid as much as he can before its too late. I could also see said player being timid. Maybe this is what Patrick's end game is.  I just think its absurd if he thinks he deserves a raise based on just being able to play a full season, regardless of performance. Im hoping he does want out, it would be doing the Flyers a favor

• Like 4

The funniest part of it all is he wants a raise based on that he played in most of the games. Its like the guy who came to work, sat at his desk and did nothing, but he expects a raise just for showing up. What a moron. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

The funniest part of it all is he wants a raise based on that he played in most of the games. Its like the guy who came to work, sat at his desk and did nothing, but he expects a raise just for showing up. What a moron. 

I thought you were gonna stop insulting me?

47 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Maybe his plan was to watch how others score goals, so he could learn how

Could so when will he start trying to score goals?

After he is traded? If he was doing it now it sure would boost his trade value.

I wonder if he has even considered that?

"Like hey maybe I should act like I give a fcuk on the ice so I can get out of here."

Nah he is still concussion.

Just move him anywhere out West...

:BrownBag:

Interesting questions?

Is he protected or exposed for expansion draft?

Would Kraken take him? I would think his contract will be appealing

Is Buffalo a reality? What kind of trade scenario is possible?

I mean, seriously...who the hell is Nolan Patrick to demand anything? I mean you have a salary plus $3.575 M in bonuses and played most of the season llke hot garbage...and you want a raise.?..This kid Patrick fits right in with Flyers management's ineptitude and the players' general attitudes from what I see, on this team. DYSFUNCTION JUNCTION. This kid should have been traded already. He's this generation's Pat Falloon. Edit: Maybe not. Ol' Pat was a high draft pick, if memory serves, but didn't have Patrick's so far unearned, salary.

Edited by FD19372

13 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Would Kraken take him?

I don't think so. Why would they want a player, making more (wasted) money, than already does now? He's an injury and re-injury risk. Why take him on, when they can get a player who has close to his potential, for less..and less injury risk?

8 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I don't think so. Why would they want a player, making more (wasted) money, than already does now? He's an injury and re-injury risk. Why take him on, when they can get a player who has close to his potential, for less..and less injury risk?

I think I read his salary is 874K. Thats pretty cheap

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I think I read his salary is 874K. Thats pretty cheap

He wants a RAISE. Let him get one on another team. They can invest their money in someone else. 

Edited by FD19372

Just now, FD19372 said:

He wants a RAISE. Let him get one on another team. They can invest their money in someone else. 

That's my point. He WANTS a rasie. The Flyers shouldn't give him one. But, the question is, would Seattle take him since he is a cheap option? I don't think he can tell them to "eat ****" if they select him, just becasue he wants more money

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

That's my point. He WANTS a rasie. The Flyers shouldn't give him one. But, the question is, would Seattle take him since he is a cheap option? I don't think he can tell them to "eat ****" if they select him, just becasue he wants more money

No, I don't think he can, either...but if I'm Seattle, why in the living hell do I take him at anything more, than his current salary?

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

The Flyers have a terrible habit of overpaying players, with too many years on deals. I would like that habit broken, this season.

yeah me too.

I don't see what that has to do with whether or not Seattle would pick Patrick

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

No, I don't think he can, either...but if I'm Seattle, why in the living hell do I take him at anything more, than his current salary?

again. This is my point and question. At his current salary, would Seattle be inclined to choose him. Future negotiations don't prohibit them from selecting a player

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

yeah me too.

I don't see what that has to do with whether or not Seattle would pick Patrick

Basically, wasting money on a player that might play 10 games a season for them, at meh production. That's my point. Maybe they would, I don't know. I just know I wouldn't. He hasn't come close to living up to the second pick in the draft, hype.