Patrick hires new agent...might want oit

CoachX

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Trust. Me. No one wanted Ghost at 4.5 mill for 3 more years.

Patrick will be making 950K for one year.

That is worth the claim.

You claim the player you claim his current contract.

Yes no one was going to claim Ghost and that contract.

No kidding, huh?

Every team in the league would line up to claim him. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

No kidding, huh?

Every team in the league would line up to claim him. 

Yes.

I think coach has had too much bourbon today.

Someone cut him off put him to bed.

On 5/21/2021 at 3:16 PM, radoran said:

If his legacy is simply Hart and Provorov that's not terrible. Add in Konecny, Farabee, and maybe Allison and it gets better.

I've gone over the alternatives to his other picks multiple times. Like @mojo1917 said there's a great disparity between picking top 10 and picking middle down. Not to mention from draft to draft.

Not every pick is going to pan out.

And therein lies the problem. As long as the Flyers strive to pick 14th every year the team will continue along the past decade path of being mediocre. The media keeps saying they are win now mode. Thats not even funny, nor is it close to reality. You could hit home runs in the next 2 drafts, but until the core of this team is gone nothing is going to change.

16 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

And therein lies the problem. As long as the Flyers strive to pick 14th every year the team will continue along the past decade path of being mediocre. The media keeps saying they are win now mode. Thats not even funny, nor is it close to reality. You could hit home runs in the next 2 drafts, but until the core of this team is gone nothing is going to change.

Two of the top finesse goal scorers in the league were picked around 15th or 16th,  Pastranuk and Barzal.  Sometimes you can get lucky as long as you are not always looking for a two way player like the Flyers always do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

Two of the top finesse goal scorers in the league were picked around 15th or 16th,  Pastranuk and Barzal.  Sometimes you can get lucky as long as you are not always looking for a two way player like the Flyers always do. 

One of those "finesse goal scorers" you speak of was out-goaled by two way players Joel Farabee and Sean Couturier.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

One of those "finesse goal scorers" you speak of was out-goaled by two way players Joel Farabee and Sean Couturier.

Konecny (picked 24th in Barzal's draft) has more career goals than Barzal...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, radoran said:

and yet, Barzal's team moves deeper in the playoffs, AGAIN

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoachX said:

and yet, Barzal's team moves deeper in the playoffs, AGAIN

Flyers had more goals and more points as a squad than the Islanders, too.

But the Isles goalies were 2.09/.925 while the Flyers were 3.35/.884.

Islanders had seven guys +10 or more - six of their top 10 points guys. The team was +101

Flyers had one (Laughton, +13) and their top ten guys were -10 (-23 before Laughton at 10). Farabee had 20 goals and was 0 +/-. JVR 17 goals, +2.

Flyers were -127...

Last year the Flyers barely beat the Isles in 3 OT games in the playoffs, and scored three goals and were shutout twice in the other four, including Game 7.

Not really hard to see why the Isles are having more success... The Islanders just played a much more "team" game and on a more consistent basis.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Yes I’m aware of that, but when guys like Pastranuk and Barzal are on the ice, the other team is very fearful and  they control the puck and carry the play, which we don’t see from any Flyers. Not criticizing Farabee and Coots, but we need a blend of two way players and some skilled finesse guys who can turn a game around on their own. Most of our goals are off broken plays and scrambles, it would be nice to see a tic tac toe beautiful passing play off the rush for a change. I’m tired of boring Flyers hockey, it’s starting to look like a soccer match a big bore fest between the blue lines .

1 hour ago, radoran said:

Does Konecny control the play like Barzal, remember last year  in the playoffs when every time his line was on the ice they controlled the puck for the entire shift and it looked like they were on the PP. When Barzal is out there, the teams key on him so much that it creates a lot of chances for his linemates. Nobody was worried about Konecny and his zero goals in the playoffs.

3 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Does Konecny control the play like Barzal, remember last year  in the playoffs when every time his line was on the ice they controlled the puck for the entire shift and it looked like they were on the PP. When Barzal is out there, the teams key on him so much that it creates a lot of chances for his linemates. Nobody was worried about Konecny and his zero goals in the playoffs.

Wasn't aware that puck control was related to "finesse goals".

See my post above about why the Islanders are more successful than the Flyers and get back to me.

:thumbsu:

3 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

I’m tired of boring Flyers hockey, it’s starting to look like a soccer match a big bore fest between the blue lines .

I wish it was "between the blue lines". The -127 would indicate that more time was spent on one side of one particular blue line...

Edited by radoran

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Wasn't aware that puck control was related to "finesse goals".

See my post above about why the Islanders are more successful than the Flyers and get back to me.

:thumbsu:

I wish it was "between the blue lines". The -127 would indicate that more time was spent on one side of one particular blue line...

Puck control equals having the skill to stick handle and make crisp accurate passes to your line mates and control the play in the offensive zone and create high percentage scoring chances. 

yeah that’s true about all the play in our zone, good post on the Islanders…Lamorello also knows how to build a team. He signed a guy like Pageau who is a big help to the Isles success and we signed Gustafson.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

If the Islanders would have put cement footed Nate Thompson out on the ice every...single...time Konecny stepped on he would have. How a pro coach thought that was a good idea, especially after (like you said) Barzal controlled every shift, ALL shift. 

"Hey, that Barzal guy can really fly...let's put the worst skater in the NHL out there against him every shift!"

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

If the Islanders would have put cement footed Nate Thompson out on the ice every...single...time Konecny stepped on he would have. How a pro coach thought that was a good idea, especially after (like you said) Barzal controlled every shift, ALL shift. 

"Hey, that Barzal guy can really fly...let's put the worst skater in the NHL out there against him every shift!"

Yeah this is true, some of the things management has done are really stupid.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/20/2021 at 5:35 PM, ruxpin said:

yeah, I don't lose any sleep over Patrick vs. Hischier.   There wasn't much we could do about that anyway and even 2nd was a gift.

Where I lose a little sleep is Heiskanen, Makar, and Pettersson.

Not to bring up old past discussion but i found the article that had brought big concerns for me for ol Nolan back in the day and why i was wanting to trade back for a safer pick.

There was another one which i had no luck finding that came out a few months before. But it laid out the injury concerns at the time and the risk involved.

https://thehockeywriters.com/nolan-patrick-injury-history-long-term-concern/

I wanted Miro because i thought the Flyers needed help still on their blueline (and he was a Finn they needed one for good luck) and defensemen take long sometimes to develop but yeah we know water under the bridge.

Hey gives us something else to talk about than the sad state of the team and well trading their Captain...

...17 games and Nolan has 2 goals....4 assists....setting the NHL on fire!!!!!!