Playoff Preview, Game #1: Minnesota Wild vs. Vegas Golden Knights 5/16/21 @ 2:00PM CST at T-Mobile Arena

Just now, bbgarnett said:

Just amazing to have a player that everyone drools over.

It’s only taken us 50 years.  No one really drooled over Bill Goldsworth, Bobby Smith, Neal Broten, Modano, and even Gaborik.  All really good players - some even great - this kid is just different.  He could be Top 3 in the league with help (a Top C).  I cannot wait until he is settled, has support, and hits his peak.  It will be fun to watch and long overdue.  Those lifetime $hitty contracts to 11 and 20 should be replicated for this kid.  LOCK him up forever. 

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

It’s only taken us 50 years.  No one really drooled over Bill Goldsworth, Bobby Smith, Neal Broten, Modano, and even Gaborik.  All really good players - some even great - this kid is just different.  He could be Top 3 in the league with help (a Top C).  I cannot wait until he is settled, has support, and hits his peak.  It will be fun to watch and long overdue.  Those lifetime $hitty contracts to 11 and 20 should be replicated for this kid.  LOCK him up forever. 

I drooled over Goldsworthy. Loved the Goldy Shuffle as I of course had to do it myself when I scored. I’d say Modano was up there too 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

I drooled over Goldsworthy. Loved the Goldy Shuffle as I of course had to do it myself when I scored. I’d say Modano was up there too 

The key is ‘up there.’  They all were.  I am talking about a generational player that is VERY rare - all the gifts - plus the grit - plus the IT factor.  Like winning the Olympic gold.  An OT game winner in your first NHL game, winners in Jrs regularly.  THAT is the difference - a gut that can carry a team to the Cup and WIN it for you with something spectacular. 

• Like 1

When is the last time we took game 1 versus a top team AWAY!?!   This is a different Wild team.  The dick and pansy factor of the Country Club may finally be behind us.  Man Baby in the stands and $hitvu in retirement is 2/3 of the way to a new future expectation  in the playoffs - WINNING

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

When is the last time we took game 1 versus a top team AWAY!?!   This is a different Wild team.  The dick and pansy factor of the Country Club may finally be behind us.  Man Baby in the stands and $hitvu in retirement is 2/3 of the way to a new future expectation  in the playoffs - WINNING

2015 vs The Blues.

2 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Back when my hair was dark and not snowy!?!   I’ll take it. 🤪

Well I'm not there yet  and still have little grey hair but a series like this might make it. I got my first grey hairs when I was like 15 or 16.

Edited by bbgarnett

2 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

Well I'm not there yet  and still have little grey hair but a series like this might make it. I got my first grey hairs when I was like 15 or 16.

So, your family doesn’t refer to you as Santa!?!   Lucky you, but at least it is only my hair and the chalky Covid beard I had grown (not the rotund waistline; thankfully). 

3 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

So, your family doesn’t refer to you as Santa!?!   Lucky you, but at least it is only my hair and the chalky Covid beard I had grown (not the rotund waistline; thankfully). 

My beard is also more grey than my head. My Gramps is still Santa in our Family. Also I keep having to double check to make sure I typed Santa and not Satan LOL.

Edited by bbgarnett

38 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

The key is ‘up there.’  They all were.  I am talking about a generational player that is VERY rare - all the gifts - plus the grit - plus the IT factor.  Like winning the Olympic gold.  An OT game winner in your first NHL game, winners in Jrs regularly.  THAT is the difference - a gut that can carry a team to the Cup and WIN it for you with something spectacular. 

I hear ya. Hopefully a Cup is next on his resume