Playoffs 2021 Opening Round: Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs (MTL Wins 4-3)

Choose Yer Poison  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Yer Poison

• Habs Shock n Pound Leafs in 4
    • Habs Win in Surprising Fashion in 5
    • Habs Take Competitive Series in 6
    • Habs Contain the Leafs Enough to Win in 7
    • Leafs Laugh Their Way to the Next Round in 4
    • Leafs Dominate an Overmatched Habs Team in 5
    • Leafs Face Some Adversity, But Get it Done in 6
    • Leafs Show They are Ready To Go the Distance in 7

13 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

Foligno said after the game that he [Perry] did what had to be done afterward to "eliminate any gray area" and move on with the game. Not a Wilson-Panarin situation, but we all know what happened when the league decided to do nothing after that. All that being said, I will never give Perry any respect.

I can totally understand that. If I was to compare Perry and Wilson, it's perhaps a bit like comparing Stalin to Hitler :hithead: but still, Perry was not flexing his muscles looking at an injured opponent. Thankfully Tavares seems to be getting better. Hopefully he recovers fully during summer.

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to Playoffs 2021 Opening Round: Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs (TOR Leads 3-1)
On 5/22/2021 at 2:37 AM, WordsOfWisdom said:

This just in: Tavares has been diagnosed with an upper body injury.

Paging Mitch Marner.....have you seen him?? If so please let him know the playoffs have started!!!

:beer:

• Like 1

damn leafs score 3 straight so we got OT again...Price was good but a weak one to Galchenyak...killer goal. Can't blame him too much though the Habs were running around loose, fumbling the puck playing without any focus - so different than how they came out in the 1st and 2nd.

Woo Hoo! barely a minute in and the Leafs go down! Those cross-ice passes at the blue line will kill you every time!

Edited by GratefulFlyers

Jack Campbell: "Alright boys.....keep it on the other side, go all in on offense...don't worry bout me....I got the nets covered.... I got.....

(2 on 0 rush)

Campbell: " Oh chit....hey, hey....some help here...some help!"

Montreal scores GW OT goal.

Game 6 in Montreal coming up.

:ph34r: :ph34r:

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to Playoffs 2021 Opening Round: Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs (TOR Leads 3-2)

A couple of soft plays by Sandin (getting too easily knocked off the puck), defencemen standing in front of the Leafs net not picking up anybody in red and blue, and then the dreadful giveaway at the end.  

The good news is Matthews and Marner are still poised to break out and do serious damage one of these games. 

Irrelevant hockey tidbit:

This season marked the 8th time in franchise history that the Leafs have finished in 1st place.... in their own division. 

The 1999-2000 season is the only time the Leafs have finished 1st in their division in an 82-game season.

4 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Irrelevant hockey tidbit:

This season marked the 8th time in franchise history that the Leafs have finished in 1st place.... in their own division. 

The 1999-2000 season is the only time the Leafs have finished 1st in their division in an 82-game season.

And you were trying to sell us on them deserving a cup. 

All that franchise deserves is a participation ribbon. :thumbsu:

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

And you were trying to sell us on them deserving a cup. 

All that franchise deserves is a participation ribbon. :thumbsu:

pro rata.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Soooooo ....... inquiring minds want to know, "IF" the Leafs lose tonight, are their collective ego's toast and lose Game 7 also?

The Habs are a pesky team.  They gave the Flyers fits last year ......

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

Soooooo ....... inquiring minds want to know, "IF" the Leafs lose tonight, are their collective ego's toast and lose Game 7 also?

The Habs are a pesky team.  They gave the Flyers fits last year ......

If the Leafs lose tonight then they'll have to play the Canadiens AND the Jets simultaneously in game 7 / game 1 of the second round.

(A joke about the NHL's bizarre pacing for these playoffs.)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

If the Leafs lose tonight then they'll have to play the Canadiens AND the Jets simultaneously in game 7 / game 1 of the second round.

(A joke about the NHL's bizarre pacing for these playoffs.)

Now THERE is a cool, novel twist to make things interesting!
Split squad Leafs playoff games!!

Don't be surprised if this idea ends up on Bettman's docket. 

But if there is any team that can handle double duty like that, it's gotta be the Big Blue north of the border! 😄

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Now THERE is a cool, novel twist to make things interesting!
Split squad Leafs playoff games!!

Don't be surprised if this idea ends up on Bettman's docket. 

But if there is any team that can handle double duty like that, it's gotta be the Big Blue north of the border! 😄

I double checked the NHL schedule page just to make sure they didn't have both games booked at the same time!  :) 

2 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I double checked the NHL schedule page just to make sure they didn't have both games booked at the same time!  :) 

Double the Foil, ehh??

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to Playoffs 2021 Opening Round: Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

The OT was all Leafs, and then the puck flutters by Campbell. Resiliency shown by the Habs. I still say the Leafs will come out flying in the seventh and their offense will finally roll over Price. On the other hand the Habs do have Suzuki, Caufield and Kotkaniemi. Lots of new talent and energy. Well, we'll soon see. It'll be a great game, I hope :bluehockey: