Playoffs 2021 Opening Round: Winnipeg Jets vs Edmonton Oilers (WPG Wins 4-0)

Ya Want Oil or Airplanes?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Ya Want Oil or Airplanes?

• Jets Blow By Oilers at Mach 4
    • Jets Don't Have Too Much Trouble in 5
    • Jets Play Tough, Take It In 6
    • Jets Win an Uber Entertaining Series in 7
    • Oilers Aren't Bothered At All in 4
    • Oilers, Serious in 5
    • Oilers Manage the Jets, Take It In 6
    • Oilers Have Trouble, But Evolve and Win Convincingly in 7

Best goalie in the conference is Hellboy. He played his best. When the best plays ten percent better than his usual elite level no matter what that team wins. 

4 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

LOL.  I just cast my vote for the Jets to win in 4.   I accidentally clicked on the poll then couldn't remove it so I just clicked on submit vote.  I figured I better own up to that now so no one thinks I'm some kind of hockey savant or something!

Hold on wait....
So you mean, you DON'T time travel forward, see the wonders of the future, then come back and make a ton of money off of stuff???

Who knew.... :ph34r: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

As for the Oilers....I have no words.

I have three....one line team. Four points in four games for a player like McDavid means the Jets did one hell (maybe Hellebuyck) of a job. The Jets have two. Plus, I'm not a Mike Smith fan at all.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Forbert a UND product. Poolman, from Grand Forks, is also.

Edmonton coach Dave Tippett won a cup with Mario in Pittsburgh. The Canadian is also a UND product and lives at his Minnesota lake home off season, so he'll be opening the cabin 🏚️this weekend. 

Dave Hakstol, former UND player and coach, looks to see his team advance as assistant coach for defense in Toronto...🏒🥅

Edited by Icechipper

14 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

If round 2 is Jets vs Leafs, and there's still no fans allowed in the building, it'll be the biggest tragedy in the history of the NHL.

Quite ironic to see the Canes and the Kittens having now the loudest crowds, two teams with recent recurrent lack of fans support.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Would it not be gruesome if the Leafs won the Cup in an empty building 😅 

If that happens then as far as I'm concerned it doesn't count. 

Last season, nobody had fans. The playoffs were in two bubble cities, and they stank. This season, only the Canadian teams aren't allowed fans. That's like the biggest slap in the face to the game of hockey. So I'll go on record right now and say that IF Toronto wins the Stanley Cup, we roll into next season with exactly the same mindset as before: as if the drought had continued and as if Toronto fans are long overdue for a Cup victory.  Without fans in the building, and without a parade, it'll be like it never happened. 

I'm not going to be happy until this team wins back-to-back championships (or if they win this year it'll need to be back-to-back-to-back).  A championship that nobody is allowed to see does nothing to appease Leafs fans and does not in any way make up for the past 50 years. It'll count for nothing. 

Edited by WordsOfWisdom
  • Like 1

I'm sure attendance will be allowed in canadian arenas later on, even at 25% capacity or whatsoever. Authorities are already allowing outside demonstrations, so a parade will be organized if a canadian team wins it. The Habs were already planning it on Sainte Catherine after game #1...

14 minutes ago, Math said:

I'm sure attendance will be allowed in canadian arenas later on, even at 25% capacity or whatsoever. Authorities are already allowing outside demonstrations, so a parade will be organized if a canadian team wins it. The Habs were already planning it on Sainte Catherine after game #1...

I hope so, otherwise this will quickly turn into a farce and fans will rebel against it.  It'll do more to hurt the NHL's PR if the playoffs continue with no fans in Canadian arenas than it will to help it, especially if we get to round 3 and the Canadian team has no home ice advantage while the US team plays in front of a sold out crowd of fans. By that point the NHL (or the government) will have a mob to deal with. 

1 hour ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Just watch. It'll happen this year..... with no fans allowed and no parade allowed.  That's exactly the luck of this franchise. 

C'mon don't count them chicken yet....why jinx yourself. Priority #1 beat Montreal. Right that isn't happening.

If Montreal gets one would the pressure start to mount??? I say yes. One step at a time.

• Like 1