Playoff Preview, Game #3: Minnesota Wild vs Vegas Golden Knights, Thursday 5-20-21, 8:30pm, Xcel Energy Center

1 minute ago, Jimtown guy said:

Didn’t realize you are in Finland. What time is it there?

0715 hours. I have to be able to go to work after this. I think I might not have the energy to open the door, after watching this shitshow.

• Good Post 1
  • Sad 2

I think one more game like this one and Evason will lose his job first and then lots of players at this organization too. I am sure Guerin does not like this play at all. 

Interesting , that game reminds me the last game of the regular season when we had a lead 3:0 after the 1st period and then we lost 7 unanswered goals in periods 2 and 3.

7 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Was it 4500 or 9K total fans?
Either way it sounded like a couple hundred.

The team's play out of our team was just enough for a couple hundred sounds but not for 4500. Sadly, too quiet arena was for this game. The Vegas outshot us badly too 39 vs ours 16 shots. Talbot lost 7 goals out of 8 in our net in a last 2 games. Not too good stats for the playoffs.

That was pathetic they're done you could see in the middle of the second and in the third. They threw in the towel nothing left one an done again every last one of them quit. Vegas showed them how a good team does it. I dont mind losing but to give up is ****** sad.  I dont want to hear about some geriatric goalie tmf's  

Edited by Bear
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Johansson have got an injury last night - broken arm. 

Here is an article from hockeywilderness about possible changes in the team for next games:

https://www.hockeywilderness.com/2021/5/21/22447565/minnesota-wild-injury-marcus-johansson-broken-arm-stanley-cup-playoffs-nhl

Honestly, is that a loss? He's been MIA like the whole season.

• Like 1

I am still very mad on referees who served during this game. Hope, I would not see them again during playoffs serving our team. Because I listened Evason's interview after the game (we have got too many penalties which affected our play);then  I checked our stats (we have got 4 penalties vs their just 1 penalty). How come? They played a dirty game and have got nothing. I understand   referees want to ignore most penalties during playoffs, but why they do not equalize penalties for both teams to make both teams happy for that part?  Kaprizov was badly 3 times cross-checked when laying on the ice by Whitecloud and at the same time cross-checked once by McNabb and they did not get both penalties, but Kaprizov did. And that was happening 3 games already in a row. I am sure they will not do this, for example, against Parise, McDavid or Crosby. Why the referees did not ignore too many men penalty when was done nothing by our team? Foligno and Fiala were surprised by the referee decision because they did not do anything wrong. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

Honestly, is that a loss? He's been MIA like the whole season.

I just only brought the fact that he is injured. Definitely, MIA entire 3 playoffs games. In one interview it was said that his main role is to cover defensively Fiala. I would prefer if someone will help to Fiala in producing goals. Maybe Boldy could be a candidate for this role?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

Besides Boldy, I do not see anyone else who will present the most interest in playoffs tryout from the Iowa team.

you never know worth a try

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bear said:

you never know worth a try

That is true. Entire season I was proposing for a tryout here Sokolov , Mayhew, Dewar and Giroux snipers,and when was available Boldy too. Now, when probably, 2 games left, it would be nice to try at least Boldy, just to see if he can be helpful for the team. 

• Like 1

I also think it might be useful in letting Boldy have a couple playoffs games here. I don't see much hope in the Wild getting anywhere yet, VGK seems to be difficult enough, and even if we managed to beat them, the Avs so far have really bulldozed over the Blues. Two players taken out with head shots, really solid defense, offense, PK, PP, solid lines, and what is the most important thing, they are playing playoffs hockey. The Wild is not. It might be good for Boldy to get a taste of playoffs hockey to give him the experience and knowledge what it takes.

The refs have been god-awful not just in our games, but in all around the league. I think it's because they seem to prefer younger refs for some odd reason. The NHL also seems once again to have decided that during the playoffs the refs should allow a lot more holding, crosschecking and interference. The result is that we've seen many boring games where it's 0-0 even in the third period, and man to man battles and fighting for the slot is what decides games. I think it sucks, I'd rather see more skilled play, but it is what it is.

If the Wild wants the calls, we really need to start fighting for the puck. The refs might call a penalty, if they see somebody really competing for the puck, and then stopped illegally. If they see somebody compete for the puck in a half-assed regular season way, they are way more likely to let it pass. The refs are also in playoffs mode. The Wild can effect if they get the calls or not, but if they want the calls they need to pay for it by effort. I'm amazed by how this team never seems to understand that they will not be given a free ride to the Cup. Every game, every playoffs season, the same message given every shift: "take the pain if you want the puck", and still we see an effort like we did in the third period of the last game.

• Like 1