Playoff Preview, Game #4: Minnesota Wild vs Vegas Golden Knights, Saturday 5-22-21, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

After the regular season there was a question whether the Wild or the Goldies were the better team. No question now. And I really don't see VGK going far after they beat the Wild. The utter domination makes me also think that we might not be that much different from the Wild of yesteryear. Kap is a real player, Eek a real 3rd line shutdown center. That's about it. Otherwise a very mediocre to poor team. Which means we need a very good coach. Although absolutely needed and a welcome change, holding players accountable is not good enough for a team like this. We need Lemaire level coaching.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

After the regular season there was a question whether the Wild or the Goldies were the better team. No question now. And I really don't see VGK going far after they beat the Wild. The utter domination makes me also think that we might not be that much different from the Wild of yesteryear. Kap is a real player, Eek a real 3rd line shutdown center. That's about it. Otherwise a very mediocre to poor team. Which means we need a very good coach. Although absolutely needed and a welcome change, holding players accountable is not good enough for a team like this. We need Lemaire level coaching.

Completely agree. After I heard that Parise and Rau will be in the game and Boldy will be not then my single wish was Evason should be fired. I even did not want to watch this game, but listened on radio. Superbly professional commentators during the game as well as superb show after the game. When Evason was asked why Boldy was not involved into that game he answered same way as he did during the season - it was not his decision but by meeting. HEAD COACH MUST TO MAKE HIS OWN DECISIONS TOO. One single coach who was not afraid in our team to experiment with promising players was Lemaire. The other coaches always afraid something. We need a professional experienced coach who showed a superb results as a player in his career too. After the game it was good discussion regarding on having in our defense extra sized physical defensemen,which we do not have it. And I agree with that part. We had in Iowa this type of prospects Falkovkskiy who played few games last season and Gordeev this season (7 games) who was fighting and supporting Sokolov all the time during the game. Sokolov very promising sniper also was benched this season (played only 14 games) never was tried in NHL for 3 seasons in a row, but having a good size, good game vision, very strong shot and does not have any language barrier with Kaprizov. Why he was not tried here? Three Slavic promising prospects were benched in Iowa and I lost an interest to this team. Tim Army(Iowa coach) should be fired too for not able to prepare prospects for the main club. Iowa team did not have a Calder Cup playoffs this year and why he sent to the Wild club Johnson,Rau, Mermis, Cramarossa? Why Addison was sent back to Iowa as well as Mayhew? Why we did not have a tryouts here of Sokolov, Dewar, Giroux, Beckman,Gordeev, Boldy - promising snipers and promising fighters? Lots of questions to both coaches Evason and Army.

13 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

I would keep for this team Kaprizov, Fiala, Foligno, Zuccarello, and EEK as a 3rd line shutdown center. Among defensemen I would keep only Brodin. The rest could go to Kraken or other teams if not able to step up during playoffs. We need more talents, we need more physical super sized players, we need a better prepared goalies too. 10 goals in 3 games is a lot for Talbot as a playoffs goalie. I do not see a big difference between him and Stalock last year, which were good enough during the regular season and played well only the 1st playoffs game.

I just looked at Dean Evason stats. It seems he is a Boudreau product. 7 years he was Assistant coach at Capitals when Boudreau was a Head coach and 1,5 years Assistant coach at Wild when Boudreau was a Head coach as well who did not like to experiment with promising prospects. And this way we lost Tuch and probably, Menell too.

• Good Post 1

We'll probably need to suffer at least one more season of Evason and co. If the team fails in the playoffs again, then it's likely that Guerin will axe him. I wish he would do it right after this season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

We'll probably need to suffer at least one more season of Evason and co. If the team fails in the playoffs again, then it's likely that Guerin will axe him. I wish he would do it right after this season.

Just something about Evason that bugs me. Can’t put my finger it but if Guerin canned him this week I wouldn’t blink 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

If we will lose tomorrow, then he will be fired, because 2 seasons in a row he is not able to prepare the team for the playoffs but only for the 1st game. We lost 12 goals in 3 games (2 EN; 1 SHG when we had a 4 minutes PP chance ; 1 PP goal) in our net, which is too much for the playoffs team. A 3rd game we were not competitive for 2 periods at all. Same embarrassing scenario we had last playoffs season. I think his contract is ending this summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimtown guy said:

Just something about Evason that bugs me. Can’t put my finger it but if Guerin canned him this week I wouldn’t blink 

I agree. Bill Guerin really wants to see our playoffs improvements during his career as a Wild General Manager. So far with Evason he does not see anything for 2 seasons in a row.

Edited by Alexandron

49 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

If we will lose tomorrow, then he will be fired, because 2 seasons in a row he is not able to prepare the team for the playoffs but only for the 1st game. We lost 12 goals in 3 games (2 EN; 1 SHG when we had a 4 minutes PP chance ; 1 PP goal) in our net, which is too much for the playoffs team. A 3rd game we were not competitive for 2 periods at all. Same embarrassing scenario we had last playoffs season. I think his contract is ending this summer.

We'll certainly hope so. Sick and tired of watching him squirming and scratching his neck during the postgame interviews. I mean, who would hire a guy looking for a tough job, who can't even keep his body composed?