2021 Round 2 Quarter Finals : NY Islanders vs Boston Bruins (NYI Win 4-2)

Which Defensive Stalwart Comes Out On Top?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which Defensive Stalwart Comes Out On Top?

• Islanders Drown Their Opponent in 4
    • Islanders Give Away One, But Series is Theirs in 5
    • Islanders Grind Out Their Opponent in 6
    • Islanders Outlast Boston in 7
    • Boston Breaks Out The Bruin Sticks in 4
    • Boston Pauses for a Game, Then Resumes Their Journey in 5
    • Boston Shows NY How to Grind in 6
    • Boston Wins a Distance Long Black n Blue Affair in 7

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

You're not helping me sell Jake at all.....

:bonkingheadonwall:

Not helping you sell Jake? We're going to end up having to pay half of his salary, in any trade deal. #IHateJake

• Sad 1

Still early but looks like the Bs turned it up a notch tonight. Isles better get back to their game soon (if they can) bc Boston looks real hungry. Maybe now Isles’ PP…

Yep there it is Barzal again, up high on Rask…great for the Isles to tie the game before the break. 

Edited by GratefulFlyers

45 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Sick 

It is what happens when you try to play the puck and not take the body....highlight reel.

Pulock has to try and check him and i don't mean with a stick...

• Like 1

the shot totals are crazy too - i think it's like Boston 40 and the Isles 19

here we go final minute empty net...huge Czikas FO win beat Bergeron

edit: Isles up 3-2 going home to Win it in SIX!

Edited by GratefulFlyers

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021 Round 2 Quarter Finals : NY Islanders vs Boston Bruins (NYI Lead 3-2)
8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

:bigteeth:

No comment, won't complain about the zebra's...it's weak. Kill penalties, stop the puck, take advantage when you are given a PP....that is all, these refs suck :P

• Like 2

12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

:beer:

To quote you again, it still baffles me that to have 3 pick in the first 15, and come away with s*it just kills the orginizational depth of the team for years.

Debrusk was a 30 goal guy his rookie year (if i recall) and has been a bottom six almost invisible player ever since....UUGH. And at a time where you need scoring depth barzal going next is crazy....how little we know.

Edited by Brewin Flames

6 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

To quote you again, it still baffles me that to have 3 pick in the first 15, and come away with s*it just kills the orginizational depth of the team for years.

Debrusk was a 30 goal guy his rookie year (if i recall) and has been a bottom six almost invisible player ever since....UUGH. And at a time where you need scoring depth barzal going next is crazy....how little we know.

That is some terrible luck....at least my Flyers came away with Provorov and Konecny but have screwed up in the past too....like missing on Pastrnak and Debrincat recently to name a few.

• Like 1

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021 Round 2 Quarter Finals : NY Islanders vs Boston Bruins (NYI Win 4-2)

What a great series and Trotz can downright coach. Happy to see the whiny Cassidy eliminated. Gotta give the edge to the Bolts next series but who knows. Going to be a nail biter going 7 in my book 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

What a great series and Trotz can downright coach. Happy to see the whiny Cassidy eliminated. Gotta give the edge to the Bolts next series but who knows. Going to be a nail biter going 7 in my book 

Yes......not sure they are going to be prepared to for the waves the Bolts will come at them.

Not to knock the Bruins but they really were a one line team and a bunch of pieces.

They missed Chara's leadership and maybe even Krug too.

Rask also seemed to be not as sharp as we had seen in years past.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Cassidy was ridiculous. Had his players whining like little b##c##s.

So glad they're out.   Simply a horrible look. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

On to next year i guess.....

Been this way for a few seasons, one or two line team with no scoring depth and a delporable defense in from of an all star netminder who is 34 with mental and health issues...When rask is good, he amazing, but his bad nights happen alot with no support in front of him.

Bergy, Marchand, Krejci....the core is middle 30's and aging, and last night, i think the window fianlly shut.

Thy had 3 chances in the last 10 season to bring home a cup and failed...that's it. Window closed.

• Like 3

On 6/8/2021 at 6:24 AM, Brewin Flames said:

To quote you again, it still baffles me that to have 3 pick in the first 15

Just imagine the Bruins could've had Barzal, Kyle Connor, or Chabot and Beauvilier instead.

Set them back a decade in one draft.

• Like 1