2021 Round 2 Quarter Finals : NY Islanders vs Boston Bruins (NYI Win 4-2)

Which Defensive Stalwart Comes Out On Top?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which Defensive Stalwart Comes Out On Top?

• Islanders Drown Their Opponent in 4
    • Islanders Give Away One, But Series is Theirs in 5
    • Islanders Grind Out Their Opponent in 6
    • Islanders Outlast Boston in 7
    • Boston Breaks Out The Bruin Sticks in 4
    • Boston Pauses for a Game, Then Resumes Their Journey in 5
    • Boston Shows NY How to Grind in 6
    • Boston Wins a Distance Long Black n Blue Affair in 7

34 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

Bergy, Marchand, Krejci....the core is middle 30's and aging, and last night, i think the window fianlly shut.

I think you guys are at a cross roads like my Flyers...you have to decide is it time to tear it down and rebuild sell off the 30 something guys now or wait and just try to make the playoffs again and a possible early exit.

Not sure the shape of your farm system but at some point you want to sell your guys while their is still value in their stocks.

In the Flyer's case I think they wait a year or two too late.

• Like 1
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On to next year i guess.....   Been this way for a few seasons, one or two line team with no scoring depth and a delporable defense in from of an all star netminder who is 34 with mental and health issues...When rask is good, he amazing, but his bad nights happen alot with no support in front of him.   Bergy, Marchand, Krejci....the core is middle 30's and aging, and last night, i think the window fianlly shut.   Thy had 3 chances in the last 10 season to bring home

Yes......not sure they are going to be prepared to for the waves the Bolts will come at them.   Not to knock the Bruins but they really were a one line team and a bunch of pieces.   They missed Chara's leadership and maybe even Krug too.   Rask also seemed to be not as sharp as we had seen in years past.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

So long Marchand ye prick

he may be a prick -okay he's def a prick on the ice anyway - but I wish my Flyers had him, even for 1 season. Konecny needs to see (and hear) Marchand up close, watch him shift after shift and maybe it rubs off. TK has all the tools Marchand (i think) but he needs the confidence to start using them every night.

• Like 1