2021 Round 2 Quarter Finals : Las Vegas Golden Knights vs Colorado Avalanche (VGK Win 4-2)

Who is Championship Material Here?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Championship Material Here?

• Vegas Lance Through the Avs in 4
    • Vegas Make Short Work of Colorado and Slice'em Up in 5
    • Vegas Outduels Colorado and Pierces Their Rocky Hearts in 6
    • Vegas Wins a Brutal Affair That Sees Them Drag the Colorado Carcass Back Home in 7
    • Avlanche Crush Those Mortal Knights in 4
    • Avalanche Block All Roads To Knights Success in 5
    • Avalanche Crack a Bit, But Still Have More Than Enough to Finish Off Vegas in 6
    • Avalanche Bury a Valiant Knights Group for Good in 7

On 5/31/2021 at 5:15 AM, Jimmy JJ said:

Vegas is one dirty team.

Agree. Entire team is dirty, not only Reaves. Even Fleury was using his stick badly on heads and backs of our players without any penalties. By the "help" of referees our Wild team suffered a lot during the first round from their dirty play. VGK and referees  were able to move that aggressive team to the second round. Whitecloud and McNabb did lots of cross-checks and hits to Kaprizov; EEK; Hartman and many etc. with evident penalties, but have got nothing from the blind referees. Wish our team will be developed into a more physical team to withstand that type of play in the future. Hope the Colorado team is clearly understanding that too.

Welcome to the board. 

Mixed feelings about the Golden Knights. I loathe guys like Reaves, deeply dislike Marchessault, the typical whiny always-complaining victim, but I really like Fleury: a real team funny guy with lots of sympathy, underrated and effin' good (the opposite of Price, except the "good" aspect).

But first and foremost, I love their golden helmets and jersey. So Vegas...

If the refs allow rough play, one can't really blame VGK. One skill needed if one wants to succeed is to quickly realise where the refs draw the line and be the quicker in using that to one's advantage.

17 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

Maybe ice hockey needs soccer’s Video Assistant Referee (VAR) to concurrently examine videotape of suspected transgressions as play on the ice continues, then contact the on-ice ref to stop play if VAR officials feel a change in call is appropriate.

No. Too much micromanaging right now.

We just have to face it you will never get it right in everyone's eyes.

It is the reality of the situation....it will just slow things down and wait till the first time they take a goal off the board because they just caught up and finally reviewed something that happened a few minutes ago....no human error will always be part of the game....in fact best thing they can do maybe is go back to one ref making the calls that way there is only one way of calling the game.

I would be against this totally.

On 6/3/2021 at 11:40 AM, Math said:

Having watched WPG-MTL and then COL-VGK, I have the feeling it's two different leagues.

Which league you prefer to watch? Actually WPG know the style of Colorado  and St. Louis teams play, because they played successfully at our Central Division for a while  against them.

Dominant first period by Vegas, and by far their best of the series, outshooting them 15-3...but the victory for the Avs is the Golden Knights have nothing to show for it. Grubuaer has been outstanding in Game 3.

• Like 1

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021 Round 2 Quarter Finals : Las Vegas Golden Knights vs Colorado Avalanche (Series Tied 2-2)
  • TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021 Round 2 Quarter Finals : Las Vegas Golden Knights vs Colorado Avalanche (VGK Lead 3-2)

I'm stunned. I have totally forgot about one stat in the good old game NHL '94: checking. VGK is a 10 in checking. The Habs are an 8 in checking. The Avs are 9. The Jets were 8 with Scheifele and Statsny, without them 7. You can't get to the Holy Grail if you're not excellent at checking. There's a gatekeeper to the Cup that says "None shall pass" to everyone and the only way of getting through is to check him out of the way.

10 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

MAF making his case. Much easier to give him the respect he deserves when he's out in LV.

Is he?

He has a NMC and is under contract for 7 mill.

They can only protect one goalie.

Both have NMC.

So do they go with the protect 8 only and lose someone else?

No matter what he is in good shape.

9 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

I'm stunned. I have totally forgot about one stat in the good old game NHL '94: checking. VGK is a 10 in checking. The Habs are an 8 in checking. The Avs are 9. The Jets were 8 with Scheifele and Statsny, without them 7. You can't get to the Holy Grail if you're not excellent at checking. There's a gatekeeper to the Cup that says "None shall pass" to everyone and the only way of getting through is to check him out of the way.

That explains my Flyers they are a 3 in checking then.

Soft as baby poo.

Long gone are the broad street bullies.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Soft as baby poo.

That's why you have to get rid of Fletcher. He's too nice a guy to be a GM. Some players have talked about needing to have a nasty side to one's game in the playoffs. The "nasty" is a must for the GM as well. He shows some tough love and the players have no other route to vent it all out, but the opposing team.

4 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

That's why you have to get rid of Fletcher. He's too nice a guy to be a GM. Some players have talked about needing to have a nasty side to one's game in the playoffs. The "nasty" is a must for the GM as well. He shows some tough love and the players have no other route to vent it all out, but the opposing team.

Well I thought that would change with Hextall as GM but he is the ones who drafted this collection of pu$$its.

I just don't know anymore.

I'm to old and set in my ways.

Maybe it's me who needs to change and embrace the everyone gets a trophy culture...

🤪

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Soft as baby poo.

I think Keith Jones said something along those lines once the season was mercifully over. Calling out players for passing up finishing their checks multiple times as completely unacceptable by the team, but I can only guess who those players had to answer to since there doesn't seem to be much accountability with this squad. I'm obviously still annoyed at how the team never got it together this season and just rolled over with a severe lack of professionalism and drive.

• Like 2

Holy **** that shot from Stone was...bad ass!

That's about as clutch as it gets, picked his corner sold short side and zing....

I love seeing skill like that. So much of it on display in this series. Nathan MacKinnon is just wow.

Alex Tuch's goal was some sick bastard hand eye coordination too.

I wish these games were on earlier, I'm an old fart and can't stay up to watch 'em to the end. 

Great, entertaining hockey being played in this series. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

This series almost feels like the finals. Going to be tough to match this 

I think two extremely good goalies gives that feelings which is going to be tough to match maybe except with Vasilevskyi. All 3 goalies (Fleury, Grubauer and Vasilevskyi) are finalists in Vezina trophy this season.

Sincerely, it will be sad for me if Colorado will lose these series, because of their 25th anniversary of establishing in 1995-96 season and because of their superb level of talents . Probably, they were not prepared too well psychologically and physically for these playoffs series against Vegas team.

Edited by Alexandron