2021 Round 2 Quarter Finals : Las Vegas Golden Knights vs Colorado Avalanche (VGK Win 4-2)

Who is Championship Material Here?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Championship Material Here?

• Vegas Lance Through the Avs in 4
    • Vegas Make Short Work of Colorado and Slice'em Up in 5
    • Vegas Outduels Colorado and Pierces Their Rocky Hearts in 6
    • Vegas Wins a Brutal Affair That Sees Them Drag the Colorado Carcass Back Home in 7
    • Avlanche Crush Those Mortal Knights in 4
    • Avalanche Block All Roads To Knights Success in 5
    • Avalanche Crack a Bit, But Still Have More Than Enough to Finish Off Vegas in 6
    • Avalanche Bury a Valiant Knights Group for Good in 7

5 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Probably, they were not prepared too well psychologically and physically for these playoffs series against Vegas team.

Not only that, I just don't know that they have enough firepower lines 2-4. The Kadri suspension really hurt them, and even though he's a Vezina finalist, I'm not entirely sold on Grub.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

Not only that, I just don't know that they have enough firepower lines 2-4. The Kadri suspension really hurt them, and even though he's a Vezina finalist, I'm not entirely sold on Grub.

That's true too.

Isn't Kadri back for game 7 if there is one, that is? If the Avs lose the series I think it's about not playing hard enough, and having a bit worse goal tending and coaching. (I think it was a big mistake to split the MacKinnon line in a home game.) Definitely more is needed from their top line, though. They have been able to shut down MacKinnon, which I thought would be impossible for any team on a consistent basis. Let's hope for them to rise to the occasion and we'll be treated with some marvelous hockey.

When the Knights' players aren't pulling in the same direction and working like clockwork, they look like a VERY mediocre team.

When every line and defense pair is clicking as intended...when they get into their "hive mindset".... they can hang with, play against, and BEAT anyone!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Vegas transitions so fast. How the hell did the Wild take these guys to 7 games 

I gotta give credit to the Wild defensive system.
It stymied Vegas many times during their series.

Man to man, I think Vegas rolls the Wild easily.
But Minnesota played their two way game, played their system, and it worked to a degree.

Obviously, it still wasn't enough, but makes you think what could be, once the younger Wild players take their next steps and if Minnesota can secure another top level forward...preferably that center they've been needing.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2

15 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

When the Knights' players aren't pulling in the same direction and working like clockwork, they look like a VERY mediocre team.

When every line and defense pair is clicking as intended...when they get into their "hive mindset".... they can hang with, play against, and BEAT anyone!

Hope, Avs will be able to destroy their "hive mindset" in this game and the next one. But it seems, so far, Grubauer is not as good as Fleury in his consistency of solid play. From Avs I like Valeri Nichushkin forward - good size, good speed and smart play. Wish to have him in our Wild team.

8 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

It was an elbow hit to Nichushkin by McNabb. It should be a penalty, but nothing from referees.

Going to have to disagree with you on that. In my book that was a good clean hard hit 

Even if the Colorado will win this game (which I doubt), then VGK will take over it in game#7. They have an outstanding records in game#7. But who knows what will happened in these series. I agree - these series should be nice in finals.