Seth Jones informs CBJ he's not signing extension

23 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

JVR+Jake for Jones.

Flip Jones to Nashville for 1st round pick.

Fire Fletcher and hire Chelios for GM.

Chelios points sights at Hextall and claims his next waiver.

If that can be pulled off, I'll credit you with the idea and will begin construction on your statue outside of the WFC. (Of course, your photo is required).

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 11:33 AM, CoachX said:

saw this article:

Seth Jones defends the blueline like Andrew MacDonald

Soon to be on his way out of Columbus, the highly valued defender will likely be on the Flyers’ radar.

This should be reason enough to NOT go after him, but its likely a guarantee he will be in Philly now

So after further digging there seems to be some truth to this. And well i all to fondly remember the Mcdud years and well i do not want to relive that. I had just listened to a pod cast about this. 

In the tracked 22-game sample from this past season, Jones allowed a carry-in on 67.1 percent of his targets, and allowed a pass into the Blue Jackets’ zone on another 19.6 percent of his targets. Columbus struggled as a team to stop opponents from entering their zone with control, but Jones struggled the most among their top-four minute-eaters, and it’s not close.

Maybe the more stunning thing is that among Flyers defenders, only Nate Prosser had a worse time defending entries than Jones did in 2021. And that Flyers defense wasn’t exactly impressive to watch this past year.

Yeah i say let the Black Hawks over bid for his services...i do not need this all over again.

Go after Savard. Then maybe Larsson or Montour as the best options to shore up the blueline.

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So after further digging there seems to be some truth to this. And well i all to fondly remember the Mcdud years and well i do not want to relive that. I had just listened to a pod cast about this. 

In the tracked 22-game sample from this past season, Jones allowed a carry-in on 67.1 percent of his targets, and allowed a pass into the Blue Jackets’ zone on another 19.6 percent of his targets. Columbus struggled as a team to stop opponents from entering their zone with control, but Jones struggled the most among their top-four minute-eaters, and it’s not close.

Maybe the more stunning thing is that among Flyers defenders, only Nate Prosser had a worse time defending entries than Jones did in 2021. And that Flyers defense wasn’t exactly impressive to watch this past year.

Yeah i say let the Black Hawks over bid for his services...i do not need this all over again.

Go after Savard. Then maybe Larsson or Montour as the best options to shore up the blueline.

Like I said....The grass is always greener

• Like 2

19 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Like I said....The grass is always greener

Now this makes my stomach hurt...

...to me this wouldn't make sense if what has been reported is true that the Flyers rely a lot on analytics...so if true they should turn away from him not towards him from the metrics i have seen.

Thumbnail

Put so well....like Andrew Macdonald....should scare all Flyer fans.

I need a drink.

"I'm sure he would probably be very interested in going to a place like Dallas or Colorado because he's got attachments to those places; I just don't know if I see the fit. The one team I wonder about right now is Philly: a. They can do it. And b. I wonder how Jones feels about that. That's one of the teams I look at right now and say I would not be shocked at all if he ends up there.

- Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman discussing Seth Jones on SiriusXM NHL Network Radio

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

On 6/3/2021 at 1:01 PM, FD19372 said:

I would try and sign David Savard first

You know is sad....or funny, perspective is everything these days.

I agree with the Savard as a choice to seek...but back to the sad part and an example of an embarrassment of riches...looking at the Canes/Bolts game tonight the guy we would like for the Flyers possible top pair is a 5th or 6th D man tonight on their bottom pair. #funnyineedadrink

Just think about that.

Yeah too funny you can't make this stuff up.

:beer:

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Now this makes my stomach hurt...

...to me this wouldn't make sense if what has been reported is true that the Flyers rely a lot on analytics...so if true they should turn away from him not towards him from the metrics i have seen.

Thumbnail

Put so well....like Andrew Macdonald....should scare all Flyer fans.

I need a drink.

"I'm sure he would probably be very interested in going to a place like Dallas or Colorado because he's got attachments to those places; I just don't know if I see the fit. The one team I wonder about right now is Philly: a. They can do it. And b. I wonder how Jones feels about that. That's one of the teams I look at right now and say I would not be shocked at all if he ends up there.

- Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman discussing Seth Jones on SiriusXM NHL Network Radio

Oh I wouldn't be shocked at all if he ended up in Philly. Overpaid and underperforming. 

23 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Oh I wouldn't be shocked at all if he ended up in Philly. Overpaid and underperforming. 

Sounds like a fairy tale ending....hey Seth isn't from Minnesota is he??

:bonkingheadonwall:

Edited by OccamsRazor
Stock up on bourbon!!!

On 6/4/2021 at 3:41 PM, OccamsRazor said:

There are 3 types of lies...

Lies, damned lies, and stats

Jones is ranked as one of the top 15 to 20 best in the league. In 2020, he was ranked as number 5. No current Flyer defenseman is that good.

My question, will he make the current defense better?

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

My question, will he make the current defense better?

Not sure. I am truly concerned at his stats have declined every year since he was in the Calder running.

If you will it sounds close to the Flyer's very own version in Ghost....he too hasn't come close since his 65 point season....so unless we can just swap the two i find another option out there.

In fact if i am moving assets then i want to do it for a guy who checks all the boxes and has a title.

Colton Parayko. I'd rather target him and the Blues are in a bind. I'd start there myself.

:beer:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoachX said:

From Sam Carchidi on Seth Jones: "Would a package of, say, a first-round pick, Phil Myers, Patrick, and Laughton get it done?"

No more Scott Laughton would make me smile

No I would rather use that package for Parayko if I am trading for a D man.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm late to the party but this...this writer Carchidi proposed giving up a 1st round pick, Phil Myers ... hold on, we give them Nolan Patrick too and believe it or not there's more... we include Scott Laughton .... Not 1, not 2 but THREE roster players and a 1R pick...

...all for Seth Jones...

What the hell is that guy smoking...

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

10 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Not sure but it sounds potent and he needs to share....pass the duchie to the left hand side.

No way in hell i am giving up all that for a guy who is no better preventing zone entries than Andrew Macdonald.

There has to be a better way...

• Like 2

On 6/10/2021 at 9:31 AM, CoachX said:

From Sam Carchidi on Seth Jones: "Would a package of, say, a first-round pick, Phil Myers, Patrick, and Laughton get it done?"

I actually had responded to this and told him he's an idiot.

I don't believe this was news to him as I'm sure he's told this often by people he meets.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

7 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I know I'm late to the party but this...this writer Carchidi proposed giving up a 1st round pick, Phil Myers ... hold on, we give them Nolan Patrick too and believe it or not there's more... we include Scott Laughton .... Not 1, not 2 but THREE roster players and a 1R pick...

...all for Seth Jones...

Thank you.

This takes a certain amount of catastrophic brain damage.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 9:31 AM, CoachX said:

Couldn't we throw in Hart, Farabee, York and a 2nd?

• Uggh... 1

@ruxpin

probably on a limb here but maybe this Carchidi guy is suckering us all, writing something so stupid, so preposterous just to see the reaction? He must know this forum exists, plus I’m sure the Twit mob went batshit. It’s  just such a ridiculous suggestion giving up all that for Seth Jones.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

@ruxpin

probably on a limb here but maybe this Carchidi guy is suckering us all, writing something so stupid, so preposterous just to see the reaction? He must know this forum exists, plus I’m sure the Twit mob went batshit. It’s  just such a ridiculous suggestion giving up all that for Seth Jones.

Mixed reaction on Twitter.    But Twitter has never been the MENSA meeting place.

• Like 2