2021 Round 2 Quarter Finals : Montreal Canadiens vs Winnipeg Jets (MTL Wins 4-0)

Who Really Claims the Title of Canada's Team?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who Really Claims the Title of Canada's Team?

• Habs With the Upset Sweep Special in 4
    • Habs Ask No Quarter and Give None in 5
    • Habs Take a Tough Competitive Series in 6
    • Habs Break the Hearts of Jets Fans As Well in 7
    • Jets Just Too Fast for MTL in 4
    • Jets Take This Canada's Team Title Seriously, Win in 5
    • Jets Match Wits (and Hits) with MTL...Skate Away in 6
    • Jets Get Pushed, But Les Habitans Cinderella Turns Back Into a Pumpkin in 7

9 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Wut? I thought you considered it a hockey play? I'm genuinely confused. But that's normal for me.

Evans was injured by play where there was a penalty assessed.

Pretty sure thats the letter if at least not the spirit of the rule. Amirite?

I thought i had said i wouldn't be surprised by any DOPS outcome.  

I didn't think there was intent to injure Evans, i thought the contact was a 'convienent" outcome for Schiefle. He made no attempt to consider the safety of his opponent. This ruling is a result of that split second decision to keep skating a straight-line.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/scheifele-suspension-is-excessive-bullying-of-my-family-is-completely-unacceptable~2215971

Scheifele's parents, brother and sister are now getting bullying phone calls and mails. How crazy is that!

2021 and people STILL have issues with boundaries.
Guess I really shouldn't be surprised.
People can be most wonderful....while at the same time being the most despicable.

I guess what I am saying is, even if Mark Scheifele (which I am NOT suggesting he is) was the embodiment of sports evil and even if he were to make a guy like Tom Wilson or Matt Cooke look like boy scouts, the guy's family should be OFF LIMITS!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

People can be most wonderful....while at the same time being the most despicable.

Exactly.....need an example log onto twitter....some of the sweetest people in the world mixed with the scourge of the earth all in one place...it is where you can feel so good about society and raising your kids in it....till the maybe very next post you read....and take it all back.

As a father of a beautiful sweet loving 10 year old girl i feel very scared for her and the world of which she has to grow up in...all i can do is love her and raise and prepare her for all the things she will see.

I feel at this point i am doing a great job....but man i don't know if it will all change her by the time she is 20. The world is going to hell in a handbasket real quick...

:bonkingheadonwall:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

4 games for Scheifele is another very odd decision. One would have been ok, two questionable, anything more draconian, if one thinks of recent plays by Wilson, Reaves, etc that have gotten much less or nothing at all. 

I swear they just throw a dart at a board with numbers and fines on it 

• Like 2

I'm not going to post the interview with Scheifele, but let's just say, as a hockey player, I don't believe him. His body language betrays his intentions. I would have done the same thing as him in that identical context, 100% of the time.

So, my message to Mark is: let's be honest with each other, and with ourselves, about the game we love, and just own it. It's not going to affect how people perceive you, not even for a day.

Seems silly, and poor strategic communication advice on the part of the Jets, to make this argument and look like an ass. Because *that* might affect how people see you.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I'm not going to post the interview with Scheifele, but let's just say, as a hockey player, I don't believe him. His body language betrays his intentions. I would have done the same thing as him in that identical context, 100% of the time.

So, my message to Mark is: let's be honest with each other, and with ourselves, about the game we love, and just own it. It's not going to affect how people perceive you, not even for a day.

Seems silly, and poor strategic communication advice on the part of the Jets, to make this argument and look like an ass. Because *that* might affect how people see you.

I saw the interview you're talking about, and I have to agree with you. I wish he hadn't said that his intent was to negate a goal, because the footage just doesn't match up with his words. I don't think he intended to injure Evans, but Scheifele definitely made up his mind to hit him rather than negate a goal: he had the opportunity to poke check and passed it up.

edit - Also, to hell with the people bullying Scheifele's family, and for Paul Maurice to be forced to answer disgusting questions about him being a drug user.

Edited by JR Ewing
  • Like 3

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021 Round 2 Quarter Finals : Montreal Canadiens vs Winnipeg Jets (MTL Leads 2-0)
1 hour ago, Jimtown guy said:

Not a fan of Perry one bit but there is no denying he’s having a hell of a playoffs. Got the first goal tonight. 1-0 after 1

That bottom 6 has been reborn for this playoffs.

Mark Bergevin seems to have nailed it.

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021 Round 2 Quarter Finals : Montreal Canadiens vs Winnipeg Jets (MTL Leads 3-0)

The Jets' gameplan is perfectly followed and applied by the book: losing the first three games on purpose just to make the Habs overconfident, catch them out cold and beat them in 7.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Math said:

The Jets' gameplan is perfectly followed and applied by the book: losing the first three games on purpose just to make the Habs overconfident, catch them out cold and beat them in 7.

"Our chief weapon is surprise, fear and surprise; two chief weapons, fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency!"

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

On 6/1/2021 at 9:29 AM, lynxrattle said:

The Jets really should have no problem here. Wait... that's what I said about the Leafs - Habs series.

You were right, so far Habs during this round have same scenario as vs Leafs.🙂 They are better.

Edited by Alexandron

3 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

"Our chief weapon is surprise, fear and surprise; two chief weapons, fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency!"

I can't wrap my head around the fact that this team swept the Oilers....are the Oilers that bad???

Or are Montreal just that good??? I can say at this point i can't say.

I know Mcdavid doesn't have much help but could they be this bad??

Price has reverted to the mean which means he's playing very well. 

And these Canadiens can skate- gnat-**** Brendan Gallagher is one of their "slow" guys and he's not, really. 

I was expecting more of a battle from the Jets, but it is so evident that they don't have the horses to run with the Habs.

Full disclosure I thought Winterpeg would win this series, in reality they haven't really been in the series since the Schiefle/Evans bit.

MTL did a nice job of finding vets that can still play, Staal has been good, Perry has been good, Tifolli has been solid. 

Koktanemei has his head out of his ass.  They're for real man. 

• Like 1

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021 Round 2 Quarter Finals : Montreal Canadiens vs Winnipeg Jets (MTL Wins 4-0)

Entomologists keep having to reassess whether this group of pests (to other clubs, perhaps going beyond that) qualify as cicadas.  Yes, yes, recognized cicadas, such as this past month’s outburst of Brood X centered in the DC/Maryland/Virginia region, are all either 13 or 17 year cycle.

Suspicions arose in 1993 after Montreal captured the Cup in three successive 7-year cycles (‘79, ‘86, ‘93).  To then upset the Capitals and Penguins as an 8 seed in 2010, on a standard 17-year cycle from their prior success in 1993, raised eyebrows in the science world.

Now, what to make of yet another cycle, another prime number cycle of 11 years, repeating similar success here in 2021 as they did on 2010.  My sources in the insect study community reveal to me the great excitement, mixed with consternation, now prevailing.  I am told that an ever-growing minority of experts believe this warrants declaration of not just a new species, but a new genus as well:

Montrecicada Canadiennae 

We shall keep our eyes and ears open for more on these ground-breaking scientific developments!

• Haha 2
  • Good Post 1

We'll find out what the Habs are about very soon. I'd expect them to be crushed by the Avs/VGK with no problems at all. Maybe I'm right the third time, but I don't want to be right. I like the Habs keeping on proving everybody wrong 😁

On 6/4/2021 at 1:29 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Exactly.....need an example log onto twitter....some of the sweetest people in the world mixed with the scourge of the earth all in one place...it is where you can feel so good about society and raising your kids in it....till the maybe very next post you read....and take it all back.

As a father of a beautiful sweet loving 10 year old girl i feel very scared for her and the world of which she has to grow up in...all i can do is love her and raise and prepare her for all the things she will see.

I feel at this point i am doing a great job....but man i don't know if it will all change her by the time she is 20. The world is going to hell in a handbasket real quick...

:bonkingheadonwall:

Just you wait...mine will be 18 in 2 weeks, just graduated, and off to college in august, leaving home for the first time on her own....got pride and yet so much fear for her.

The things you know about what teenagers tell you...make you really wonder about the things they don't. People suck.

• Like 1