"Winning Culture" behind coach changes?

CoachX

7 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Look at Konecny. Look at Hart (who admittedly had a rough year). Look at Philippe Myers. 

i looked at all three, every game I watched. I wasn't impressed. The coach should have gotten in their a$$. Are they too fragile to be criticized?

• Good Post 1

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

i looked at all three, every game I watched. I wasn't impressed. The coach should have gotten in their a$$. Are they too fragile to be criticized?

if they are , then they are not competitors and good players. competitors have to have hard skin to win in this league, it cant be boo hoo, the coach doesnt like me kind of crap. it's either you man up and rise above it or you are a loser.

Edited by tucson83
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 9:52 AM, CoachX said:

I guess if your read between the lines

I got some winning culture for you.

I remember when the Flyers use to lay the wood like this...

...gone forever?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I got some winning culture for you.

I remember when the Flyers use to lay the wood like this...

...gone forever?

Come on man...I even saw JVR throw more hits this year than he did his entire career combined....I think it was 5. 

On 6/9/2021 at 9:52 AM, CoachX said:

Its says Fletch wants a "winning culture" and Lappy was made LHV HC because he can, "mold a close-knit locker room within the system. That kind of camaraderie enabled the Flyers to one of their best seasons in the last decade in 2019-2020"

So Gordon is out after having an 18-7-1-6 record, after Lehigh Valley had their best season since 2017-2018. Lappy, who was just a part of one of the worst seasons in team history, and hasn't won anything as a coach, is the guy to bring in this winning culture?

FIFY :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Look, Laperriere had 67 playoff games in 16 seasons as a player. Even made it past the first round a handful of times. Had 13 whole points in those games. Three goals!

Now we need a first time head coach who's entire experience is based as an assistant during the worst stretch of hockey in organizational* history to implement the system for a coach that the team as a whole flat out quit on in order to instill a "winning culture".

barack obama shrug GIF

2019-20 and getting past the first round was such a great achievement for this organization*. Just like losing to the Cup Final Rangers nine years ago was a "good sign" (I mean, it was Laperriere's first season as an assistant coach, after all).

Something to build on there.

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

FIFY :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Look, Laperriere had 67 playoff games in 16 seasons as a player. Even made it past the first round a handful of times. Had 13 whole points in those games. Three goals!

Now we need a first time head coach who's entire experience is based as an assistant during the worst stretch of hockey in organizational* history to implement the system for a coach that the team as a whole flat out quit on in order to instill a "winning culture".

barack obama shrug GIF

2019-20 and getting past the first round was such a great achievement for this organization*. Just like losing to the Cup Final Rangers nine years ago was a "good sign" (I mean, it was Laperriere's first season as an assistant coach, after all).

Something to build on there.

but he's good in the room

• Uggh... 1

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Come on man...I even saw JVR throw more hits this year than he did his entire career combined....I think it was 5. 

So sounds like his value should be up and we can trade him right??? :ph34r:

Just now, CoachX said:

I doubt we could successfully trade JVR for Patrick

Never say never....i learned that a long time ago. We'll see what goes down during this expansion roster shifting and go from there...going to be a lot of trades that will go down before this takes place.

And you never know the Kraken may like him on their top 6 just for his ability to score.

I'd prefer to find a taker for Jake but at this point moving one of these two clowns is key.

:BrownBag:

45 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I would say, it we trade either, that is the first step to establishing a "winning culture"

Wait, taking guys that the Blue Jackets and Maple Leafs didn't want didn't establish a "winning culture"?

🤔

22 minutes ago, radoran said:

Wait, taking guys that the Blue Jackets and Maple Leafs didn't want didn't establish a "winning culture"?

🤔

I know. Right? That's weird :thinking:

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Is that on JVR or Patrick? 

Yes?

we offer it to both, they will accept, switch lockers then go into long term covid protocol

On 6/9/2021 at 10:23 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Maybe the Flyers can snag Palmieri when the Isles are done with him this year?? That is a guy you make room for in the bottom 6....instead of a Thompson or Grant.

If they can move JVR out off the 3rd line then Kyle would slot there nicely....

...oh wait never mind we're not allowed to have anything but kids because in 4 years everyone will be old....or that is what i keep reading here...never mind fill it up with 20 year old's and in 8 years they will be ready.

:BrownBag:

UGH...that would make it "two years from being two years away CUBED"  🤦‍♂️ :cry:

• Uggh... 1

I think that winning culture comes a lot from a  GM himself too. Wild had Fletcher for a while, but our winning culture was not too high. With a new GM Guerin our Wild winning culture raised up much higher. And I also think that solid performance of goaltending brings team's winning culture higher too. In my opinion, Hart was much better last season (GAA 2.42) than this one (GAA 3.67), but he is young and I am sure he will get more valuable professional experience. And Elliot had GAA 2.87 last season and this season 3.06. Probably that made a difference too.

• Like 2