2021 Semi Finals Round : New York Islanders vs Tampa Bay Lightning (TBL Win 4-3)

Do The Lightning Defend What is Theirs? Or Do The Islanders Take What is Theirs?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do The Lightning Defend What is Theirs? Or Do The Islanders Take What is Theirs?

• Isles Exact Flawless Vengeance in 4
    • Isles Show They Learned Much And Are Now in Charge in 5
    • Isles Go Toe to Toe With The Champs...Come Out On Top in 6
    • Isles Take The Champs To The Limit, Then Beat Them in 7
    • Bolts Laugh at the Isles Puny Efforts in 4
    • Bolts Not Ready To Give NY Their Due in 5
    • Bolts Get Tested a Bit, But Still Prove Too Much for NY in 6
    • Bolts Trade Goals, Hits, Irritants, and Highlight Reels With NY...and Move on in 7

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021 Semi Finals Round : New York Islanders vs Tampa Bay Lightning (TBL Lead 3-2)

Well that was brutal. TB just kept pressing and NY simply collapsed, giving TB their best playoff margin. I was impressed with TB's special teams- PP was effective and the PK was aggressive, limiting shot opportunities. Everything went right for them this game, and it showed in the score

14 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Stammer got the page.

Glad i could help.....it was the least i could do after just complimenting him the other day say i think he will be the difference maker since he is finally here and healthy.

He keeps bringing it like that i can't see them losing again. Kuch for MVP this year for sure.

eh, one of those games...bound to happen with such a huge array of talent in TB - though the Isles letting it get all the way to 8 goals is a bit ridiculous! I imagine the they'll regroup and Trotz will have them ready for G6.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

8-0 Clown Pounding.

I had the game on my DVR and kept going forward and the score kept rising, Islandudez unable to bail water out of their sinking boat, so I saw virtually none of it.  NHL app game highlights only for me.

Others of a certain age were likely reminded of the 1991 finals where Mario Lemieux’s Penguins finally wore down a game Minnesota North Stars squad by seizing the Cup in an 8-0 Game Six blowout.

Edited by SaucyJack

53 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Anders Lee took the morning skate in a regular practice jersey. 

If Lee plays, the Islanders will be $7 million over the salary cap…. Tampa Bay should protest this injustice!

066F8AA8-5672-4429-8040-DEFC01C43E86.jpeg

Why.....of ALL the things to try and pull!!
The absolute GALL of those guys....waiting ALL the way till Game 6, when the team is on the brink of elimination for this nonsense! :shifty: :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Why.....of ALL the things to try and pull!!
The absolute GALL of those guys....waiting ALL the way till Game 6, when the team is on the brink of elimination for this nonsense! :shifty: :ph34r:

Ziggy Palffy was in warms up too...

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Like 1

Kucherov getting the worst of a big hit that he attempts to put on Barzal. Left arm injury? Didn't look good. This game might just get nasty, if it hasn't already.

Ddin't see the crosscheck from Mayfield before. I missed the start of the game. That's more likely than the collision with Barzal to be the reason Kuch is hurt.

Edited by FD19372

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021 Semi Finals Round : New York Islanders vs Tampa Bay Lightning (Series Tied 3-3)
5 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Very maddening.

Let the underdog achieve OT, they really think they got a shot.

Turn the puck over to them...literally giftwrap it... and that ensures they do.

We got a Game 7 back in Tampa, FL.

Literally giftwrap it in OT. Huge mistake in OT.

Kucherov was hurt. And Vasilevskyi was not able to take a couple goals (2nd goal and in OT)  from the left top corner of the net.

• Like 1

Hoo boy this was quite the game.

What was with people throwing stuff on the ice at the end? Even the commentators were confused by it. Typical NY nonsense? Shutterbug wasn't impressed

Any news on Coochie? After leaving in the first there was no real news as to his condition. I guess they'll put out a press release at some point

On the game itself, TB had opportunities but didn't quite land them. I'll echo the general sentiment above, this was more a TB loss than a NY win.

I'm really looking forwards to game seven, this will be very interesting- either TB will rally and smash them like in game 5 or it'll be a close one. For the sake of my entertainment I'm hoping for the latter

9 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Very maddening.

Let the underdog achieve OT, they really think they got a shot.

Turn the puck over to them...literally giftwrap it... and that ensures they do.

We got a Game 7 back in Tampa, FL.

Cooper is not happy about a game 7.   Maybe gift wrapped turnover but a great shot to beat a hot goalie

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Cooper is not happy about a game 7.   Maybe gift wrapped turnover but a great shot to beat a hot goalie

Truth be told, that IS part of what was maddening:
A goal scorer's snipe............... from a knuckle dragger like Scott Mayfield.

And that was after he had spent most of the game crosschecking (and re-injuring apparently) Nikita Kucherov, and Steven Stamkos into the boards, bloodying him up with no call from the officials.

Then he goes and gets the game tying snipe on a shot where Vasilevskiy leaves him little to no room to make it?
Yea.....it's enough to make even the most easy going fan like me a bit salty.

Series tied, but still, the beauty of being up 3-2 in a series is the lead team has two opportunities to close the series out.
Bolts couldn't make good yesterday, their stars are gonna have to join Brayden Point and step up and one of those guys are gonna have to do what Mayfield did for his team (hopefully minus the trashy crosschecking).

2 hours ago, Puck_Pun said:

I'll echo the general sentiment above, this was more a TB loss than a NY win.

wow I didn't see it that way at all.

Tampa's PK should be blueprint for every NHL coaching staff. It's so simple: pressure the puck relentlessly. Keep the diamond but as a starting point to pressure the puck. Too many teams play the diamond like that's enough. (Isles' PK came up huge too in the 3rd)

I can understand TB fans feeling a little outrage but I think they've given as much as they've taken - in the physical, who-got-away-with-what department.

Nice to see Beavillier finally bang one home...not sure what Coleman was thinking there...big mistake passing toward the middle...

I hope this is the last time... but How About That ^&*# Brayden Point? I can't believe Pellech doesn't just lift his stick.

On 6/24/2021 at 7:11 AM, Puck_Pun said:

What was with people throwing stuff on the ice at the end? Even the commentators were confused by it. Typical NY nonsense? Shutterbug wasn't impressed

On the game itself, TB had opportunities but didn't quite land them. I'll echo the general sentiment above, this was more a TB loss than a NY win.

I'm really looking forwards to game seven, this will be very interesting- either TB will rally and smash them like in game 5 or it'll be a close one. For the sake of my entertainment I'm hoping for the latter

Is that was a typical fans reaction on their team's win? One idiot started first on throwing an aluminum can full of fluid and then by slow reaction entire arena started  throwing cans mostly with fluids (otherwise impossible to throw far away those cans to the arena). And their team just run quickly away out of the ice, because of not safe to be there. You are right Clutterbuck was trying to avoid the hit with the can, commentators mentioned.  

I have never seen that in my life. Besides only throwing hats and octopuses.

• Like 1

Nikita Kucherov on the top line and Erik Cernak on the 2nd defense pair were seen in warmups.

Coach Jon Cooper will neither confirm nor deny they will play tonight.
Playing it close to the vest. Game time decision.

Two big cogs in the TB Lightning machine...I would think they WOULD play if they could, but Coach Cooper could also be playing around a bit with Barry Trotz, though truthfully, I don't think a coach like Trotz would care....his team tends to play a certain way regardless of who is on the ice.

For the Bolts, a healthy Kucherov is more vital than a healthy Cernak.
Luke Schenn has spelled Cernak the last two games and while Cernak is the better defenseman overall, Schenn has shown himself to be adequate out there, including being a menace as a checking machine on defense.

Bad beat for the Isles...hard to test Vasilesky if you don't have the puck. Credit TB they played their game and clamped down the neutral zone tonight. Sucks losing on a shorty and by Yanni Gourde of all people...ha! The champs were the better team tonight and they were the better team in the series. Congratulations Tampa Bay...at least Reggie's record is still INTACT!

• Like 3