2021 Semi Finals Round : New York Islanders vs Tampa Bay Lightning

Do The Lightning Defend What is Theirs? Or Do The Islanders Take What is Theirs?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do The Lightning Defend What is Theirs? Or Do The Islanders Take What is Theirs?

• Isles Exact Flawless Vengeance in 4
    • Isles Show They Learned Much And Are Now in Charge in 5
    • Isles Go Toe to Toe With The Champs...Come Out On Top in 6
    • Isles Take The Champs To The Limit, Then Beat Them in 7
    • Bolts Laugh at the Isles Puny Efforts in 4
    • Bolts Not Ready To Give NY Their Due in 5
    • Bolts Get Tested a Bit, But Still Prove Too Much for NY in 6
    • Bolts Trade Goals, Hits, Irritants, and Highlight Reels With NY...and Move on in 7

742030222_ISLESVBOLTSCOMPLETEE.jpg.a7eca33943c586f9af2406d5a70c98c7.jpg

Defending Cup Champion Lightning and hard charging New York Islanders meet in a re-match of last season's Semi Finals.

Talk about contrasting styles.... Bolts would rather run n gun a bit, although they CAN play a physical game as well, while defense, checking and wearing the opponent down is the name of the game for the NY Islanders, although, again, they too can come up with some quick strike offense should the opponent not respect that part of their game.

Lightning are looking for a repeat of last year's Semi's results, Isles looking for revenge and the bragging rights of being able to say, "We knocked off the Champions!"

Series discussion goes here, Game 1 starts at Amalie Arena in Tampa, Florida, but oh boy, is that crowd gonna be nuts n raucous over at Nassau Coliseum once the series shifts there!

Homer voting strikes again with me.

I almost went Bolts in 5, but didn't want to buy too much into my own team's hype, so afforded NY an extra game (they SHOULD be tougher this year than last), but still, I think the Champs are much more complete, still hungry, and this is one series where, perhaps, the Isles are REALLY gonna miss big bodied, skilled captain, Anders Lee.

Tampa Bay Lightning in 6.

Isles vs Habs works for me! I think the Islanders are going to win this series...I was wondering about Varlamov. he kept giving up goals early and I figured Sorokin would get more games. But apparently that's settled Varlamov looks solid. He'll be facing some serious firepower from all over the ice; the Bolts are as offense-minded as it gets but if he struggles Sorokin is very (very) good.

I don't think anyone could've beaten the Islanders last night. They played nearly mistake-free hockey when it really mattered, i.e. when Boston felt a little life returning...

on another note how about that $%@ Marchand? Damn I hate that guy, with all the respect in the world. I hope Konecny was watching. I enjoy watching the Isles but I love the Flyers and they need Konecny to grow his game the way Marchand has.

• Like 1