Jackets pick Larsen as next coach

Long time CBJ assistant coach Brad Larsen has been chosen as the successor to John tortorella. My opinion is it is a great hire.

Larsen was one of those players who never crack your fantasy team but brought character and grit and sandpaper to the game on a nightly basis. He started with the Avalanche at a time when the Wings/Colorado rivalry was white hot, the best in sports, I remember him crushing Dandenault in open ice in his second or third year and hating him for it. He was a 4th liner who gave his all and turned a small amount of talent and a lot of heart into a eight year career.

Jody Shelley on his show has stated for several years that Larsen is the guy who the players go to when Torts is frothing at the mouth so I anticipate he will be the proverbial players coach,something that is desperately needed after the way the last season went in Columbus. Anyway, if nothing else I am glad to see a long time assistant get a break instead of a retread.

Edited by yave1964

Larsen is a no-name coach outside of Columbus. I wonder will that make it more difficult to get anybody signing in Columbus. On the other maybe right now they just need a coach who the players still left in CBJ like.

• Like 1