Here's what Dave Scott thinks.... UGH!

CoachX

14 hours ago, radoran said:

A "big celebration" was the description. Not my description. Scott's.

With all of the members of the organization* and their significant others.

Not "some shrimp" - a "big celebration" marking the start of a "new era."

Remarkable enough to be brought up by the head of the organization* over a season later.

You are welcome to your interpretation.

I'll stand by my statement that the Bolts' ownership didn't even have "shrimp and ribs" after winning two overseas games.

That's a telling difference in where the two organizations are.

One missed the playoffs. The other is looking for back to back Cups.

I find this mindset to be similar to the criticism of Giroux when he fails to say that the players on the team suck.

Which is 100% what he's doing when he says "we're a playoff team", or whatever cliched platitude he rolls out when the team isn't playing well or hasn't reached it's goal. Which let's be clear, there are 30 plus years where other players and captains muttered the same ****.

Not going to lie it bugs me. 

Because the team hasn't been good for a while they should all walk around hung dog, or refuse any kind of reward for anything positive.  This is how these posts of yours read to me,  I find this attitude ridiculously judgmental, and ultimately the people who would need to hear them, won't and wouldn't take heed to the scolding anyway.

I can understand the underlying thought, there isn't anything to celebrate because 1975.

But this attitude where the organization should all chanting monastically of their failings every time they're asked to talk about the team and it's prospects reads like some leftover Sister Rosa ******** from elementary school. 

8 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Is Cote Irish? I swear, I never saw a Flyer tough guy take so many punches to the face. He's got to have some long term lingering issues from that. Isn't he employed by the Flyers in some role? That's proof right there

Irish sunglasses means when your wife doesn’t have dinner ready In time 

922F3BE1-0BEF-4721-A555-2AE594F20DFD.png

8 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I find this mindset to be similar to the criticism of Giroux when he fails to say that the players on the team suck.

Which is 100% what he's doing when he says "we're a playoff team", or whatever cliched platitude he rolls out when the team isn't playing well or hasn't reached it's goal. Which let's be clear, there are 30 plus years where other players and captains muttered the same ****.

Not going to lie it bugs me. 

Because the team hasn't been good for a while they should all walk around hung dog, or refuse any kind of reward for anything positive.  This is how these posts of yours read to me,  I find this attitude ridiculously judgmental, and ultimately the people who would need to hear them, won't and wouldn't take heed to the scolding anyway.

I can understand the underlying thought, there isn't anything to celebrate because 1975.

But this attitude where the organization should all chanting monastically of their failings every time they're asked to talk about the team and it's prospects reads like some leftover Sister Rosa ******** from elementary school. 

To say a person's take on the subject matter, or opinion (same thing I suppose), is "ridiculously judgemental" is, well, judgemental. By reverse, a person could say your take is, blind naivete. 

There are fans who will love Flyer players no matter what they do. Perhaps this is you. I know it used to be me. Then there are fans who will criticize for a myriad of reasons, all usually based on some level of emotional disappointment (prolly me now). Neither are wrong

That said, I disagree with your premise here. I don't think anyone is saying, "they should all walk around hung dog", or that the "organization should all chanting monastically" as suggested by Sister whoever. I think the message is a lot of us fans are tired of being fed BS, and listening to players and execs delivering the normal hockey tropes to explain what is obvious mediocrity on ice. If anyone is loyal enough to continue being a fan of this organization, and accepting what the product on ice is, more power to them. For me, like I've heard so many others lament, watching this crap is unbearable, and we are turning it off. After spending all of my life rooting for this team, finding myself this disinterested is really disappointing. Its left a void where I used to have enjoyment. How sad for me (self loathing)

But, since I am an armed services veteran, and avid hater of all other teams in the NHL, I find myself in the unique position of rooting for the Islanders, simply becasue of that fan anthem event that recently took place

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

But, since I am an armed services veteran, and avid hater of all other teams in the NHL, I find myself in the unique position of rooting for the Islanders, simply becasue of that fan anthem event that recently took place

Me too. But i just can't. I am pulling for Vegas.

Because why not i sure can't pull for the arrogant Les Habitants... 

:beer:

• Like 1

Mojo, as i have said before, your positivity is admirable, truely. Second, Dave Scott should stay out of the hockey decisions, his tenure has had no success, and his blueprint is obviously broken.

Third, I would love nothing more than this group winning a Stanley Cup, I would cry like a baby watching Oskar do a victory lap. Sadly, we know this is not to be.

Fourth, right now I can't get past 81 million US dollars worth of hockey players giving up, quitting multiple times on themselves, their teammates, their families, and a once proud hockey team. That is why I would like to see a gutting of the core of this team. If done right, the assets coming back would put them  closer to a serious cup run than if the current group is left untouched, IMHO. 

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

10 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

if the current group is left untouched, IMHO.

There is no way they can leave this group untouched.

My dream.

23 Oskar Lindblom -14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
86 Joel Farabee - 13 Kevin Hayes - 17 Wade Allison
28 Claude Giroux - 22 Morgan Frost - 19 Nolan Patrick
24 Tanner Laczynski  - 21 Scott Laughton - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

I like this with the blueline to be really addressed....and well if you noticed who isn't above gone.

• Like 1

O.R. i think this group would be fine in November. Come playoff time there is a real lack of sandpaper and put a team on your back leader. Thats not 28 bashing, its just what we have all seen the past 3 years. I think Mason McTavish might be that guy, they would have to trade up to get him. And I am also not certain there is enough speed here either. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

O.R. i think this group would be fine in November. Come playoff time there is a real lack of sandpaper and put a team on your back leader. Thats not 28 bashing, its just what we have all seen the past 3 years. I think Mason McTavish might be that guy, they would have to trade up to get him. And I am also not certain there is enough speed here either. 

Sure but this would be just one huge step towards a rebuild/retool.

And you can't expect a Mason McTavish to come in as a rookie and have an impact.

At the same time the Flyers are going to have to move up even to land him.

But then he would be about 4 years away from even being in the AHL and trying to make the Flyers.

There is a chance they start to add some sandpaper too this isn't the finished roster just what i see or hope to happen to be rid of some dead weight...one step at a time.

Finding Hart and very good backup is also a huge step too.

Finding Ivan a vet to lean on should be priority #1 to be honest.

6 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Wade Allison 2nd line?

Relax kemosabe none of this is set stone bro so don't stroke out on me. It is just step in the right direction.

Nothing will be given on my team if i am coach....i wasn't raised where everyone gets a trophy.

You want a damn trophy like my dad told me....work on you weakness get better and earn one.

Otherwise STFU!!!!!!! So i was out in the yard working on my skillz....and i did eventually win that trophy but it was a team win still....i just played my part.

12 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Wade Allison 2nd line?

And besides what is wrong with Wade on the 2nd line he has the size and shot to win there.

Sure he only played in 14 games but it would have projected to 41 points in a full season so that would be bad for a rookie.

Kid will be 24 at the start of the season....so WTF do you all ready have against this kid..ALREADY?

NAK and Laughton are still around for you to hate on...

:beer:

5 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I think someone needs a hug

Fcuk a hug what do you have against Wade Allison already?

What is your issue with the 2nd line?

I will await your answer. It should be a dandy...

:hithead:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Fcuk a hug what do you have against Wade Allison already?

What is your issue with the 2nd line?

I will await your answer. It should be a dandy...

:hithead:

Settle down! What happened, you not sleep last night?

I have no problem with Wade Allison. I just thought it curious you were okay putting a rookie on the second line, while saying another rookie couldn't be expected to have an impact. Maybe you and I have a different understanding of the definition of "contradiction". I didn't know it would get you all triggered

@CoachX

@radoran

Oh I definitely think my aversion to those particular posts is more of a 'me problem' . 

The posts where I feel compelled to push back with "what are they supposed to do" remind me of childhood shaming I witnessed and resented and apparently still do today.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and their outlooks. 

Also kindly recognize, I'm not here saying everything is great either.

I'm saying Dave Scott, in that article, recognizes there are improvements that need made.

@flyer4ever

I've played on some terrible teams (baseball & volleyball), two of those teams did not play to the potential of the individual players.  Those teams were the most demoralizing to be a part of.  Guys checked out, it happens, whether a person is getting paid or not. If nothing goes right every time a team takes the field or hits the floor, it's difficult to want to put out. 

I hated to see this from the Flyers as much as anyone. I certainly understand where you're coming from.

What happened to the Flyers last season isn't unique nor do I think their futility was because of inherent character flaws in 65 people. Hopefully the mix of players changes enough to where the team is becomes greater than the sum of it's parts. Because that's the best experience for both players and fans.

All I want the team to be successful too, I have zero agency over the process though.

I don't like walking around pissed off all the time nor do I like always being ready, that **** is exhausting. 

I'm checking out on this one. We'll talk later when there's some news besides this guy we all don't like gave an interview that said not much. 

@OccamsRazor

Wade Allison baby

https://twitter.com/FlyersNation/status/1403717811931844609?s=20

Edited by mojo1917
added some stuff, corrected myriad grammatical errors
  • Good Post 2

18 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Wade Allison baby

Good to see the kid still finding a way to work on his game even with no ice or snow.

I have high hopes for this kid.

He and Joel are currently the type of snipers the Flyers need more of.

I think his future is bright. And I know that won't sit well with others.

And IDGAF.

Stanley Cup or bust!! 

Enjoy your day. I also enjoy your opinion even if we don't always agree.

You have talked me down off a ledge countless times.

Maybe one day we'll enjoy a beer or bourbon together in celebration!!!

#neverstopdreaming

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CoachX said:

while saying another rookie couldn't be expected to have an impact. Maybe you and I have a different understanding of the definition of "contradiction".

Hopefully you know this is just in jest and an guy my age those use those terms triggered that is a made up term for today's kids.

And there is a difference is an 18 year old kid with one year of juniors under his belt than a 24 year old man fresh out of college and a season of pro hockey played.

Surely you know the difference. Right?

When I was Wade age I was back from a combat deployment and the kids age I was coming out of bootcamp.

(Stupid ******** phone doesn't know what bootcamp is)

Clearly I was in two different areas of my development then. Right.

And I'm still trying to grow up...

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

5 hours ago, CoachX said:

Is Cote Irish? I swear, I never saw a Flyer tough guy take so many punches to the face. He's got to have some long term lingering issues from that. Isn't he employed by the Flyers in some role? That's proof right there

Cote was like a human punching bag. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Islanders vs. Habs finals. Just saying.

Not actually cheering for that, just my prediction.  

this is the worst possible outcome for this season.

Unless of course when the Islanders are supposed to hit the ice in game 1, we hear "wait, that 's the PENGUINS music"!

39 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

this is the worst possible outcome for this season.

Unless of course when the Islanders are supposed to hit the ice in game 1, we hear "wait, that 's the PENGUINS music"!

From a television revenue perspective, it's a disaster.

I've been cheering for the Isles, actually.  Cheering heavily for the Habs against the Leafs but just watching the Habs/Jets with perverse amusement. I called Habs for that out of the gate (but in 6. Never imagined a sweep).  Fans vs fans I think I'm cheering for the Knights but like a handful of the Habs players.  I'll likely just watch that with perverse amusement, as well. But I think Montreal wins.  In six.

I'm kind of hoping for the Isles really largely because when he wins, I want Trotz to smack the Capitals' management around in his post-win presser.

I actually like a lot of the players on Tampa.   But I'm cheering for NY against Florida. And I think they have a legit chance.  Never thought that with Tampa's first two opponents.

Vegas is a beast, though, so if it's Tampa vs. Vegas, it'll be riveting hockey.

• Like 1