Here's what Dave Scott thinks.... UGH!

CoachX

On 6/11/2021 at 7:16 PM, ruxpin said:

The Flyers suck. Burn it all down.   Get rid of cable, switch to FiOS, and get all streaming services except Peacock.

I don't doubt you're being sarcastic and a bit in tongue in cheek, but I actually feel that way.  Nothing would make me happier than having the team relocate and then Philadelphia being awarded a brand new NHL franchise.  Nearly 50 years of not being good enough has not only frustrated the hell out of me but has made the Flyers the fifth most popular sports team in town.  This organization is bleeding a slow death due to decades of nepotism in the front office.  Seattle will have a Cup parade before  the Flyers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poconono said:

I don't doubt you're being sarcastic and a bit in tongue in cheek, but I actually feel that way.  Nothing would make me happier than having the team relocate and then Philadelphia being awarded a brand new NHL franchise.  Nearly 50 years of not being good enough has not only frustrated the hell out of me but has made the Flyers the fifth most popular sports team in town.  This organization is bleeding a slow death due to decades of nepotism in the front office.  Seattle will have a Cup parade before  the Flyers.

Yeah, I was largely responding sarcastically to the over the top "burn it down" in the thread and elsewhere.  But I'm pretty serious on the selling the franchise stuff.

I don't want the relocation part/expansion club, though I understand why you're including that and that may have to be part of it.   If it is, do like the Jets or Cleveland Browns (but without the several years of delay). Nice the club, change the name, the new franchise gets the name and logo