2021 Semi Finals Round : Montreal Canadiens vs Las Vegas Golden Knights (MTL Wins 4-2)

Who Marches on To Play For Lord Stanley's Cup?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Marches on To Play For Lord Stanley's Cup?

• Canadiens Continue to Shock...Win in 4
    • Canadiens Prove North Division Fallacy and Win in 5
    • Canadiens Win Rough n Tumble Affair in 6
    • Canadiens Go The Distance. Ultimately KO the Knights in 7
    • Knights Slay the Habs Monster Easily in 4
    • Knights Prove a Habitan is No Match for a Knight in 5
    • Knights Find Some Trouble, But Still Get It Done in 6
    • Knights Win a Surprising Battle for the Ages in 7

Robin Lehner faring better than I thought he would.
Didn't think those long pauses between ice time would do him any favors, but he is engaged in the game.

Too bad for him his offense can quite seem to generate anything.
Vegas trying to play through Montreal's defense is like trying to swim through molasses.

The officiating has been so bad in these playoffs. The cross checks and boarding go uncalled yet a little tap on the hand is a slash every time it seems like. It’s been ridiculous to put it mildly 

• Like 2

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021 Semi Finals Round : Montreal Canadiens vs Las Vegas Golden Knights (Series Tied 2-2)

Unreal.  Montreal are the 2006 Edmonton Oilers.  If they play Tampa I will cheer for Tampa with a "I dont care" attitude.  I just do not Montreal to win. They wont beat Tampa or Islanders. I still believe Vegas can win but I never imagined this. Those french must be dancing in the streets and on bar tables in Montreal

Hmm well this series is getting fun, huh? Habs continue to frustrate Vegas' offence and make the most of the opportunities they have. It's amazing we're in a situation where it's possible the Habs will make the finals. And then lose... right? 

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021 Semi Finals Round : Montreal Canadiens vs Las Vegas Golden Knights (MTL Leads 3-2)
51 minutes ago, Puck_Pun said:

Hmm well this series is getting fun, huh? Habs continue to frustrate Vegas' offence and make the most of the opportunities they have. It's amazing we're in a situation where it's possible the Habs will make the finals. And then lose... right? 

Right. I guess. This is just so crazy.

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Unreal.  Montreal are the 2006 Edmonton Oilers.  If they play Tampa I will cheer for Tampa with a "I dont care" attitude.  I just do not Montreal to win. They wont beat Tampa or Islanders. I still believe Vegas can win but I never imagined this. Those french must be dancing in the streets and on bar tables in Montreal

IF Montreal gets to the finals (or wins the whole thing) it'll be bittersweet for Toronto. 

A championship in Montreal would probably make up for the one that was stolen by the NHL and given to Colorado in 1996.  It's a shame that Montreal isn't playing Colorado right now instead of Vegas.

4 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

We will never know until the final end. That is Stanley. Warriors win and losers lose. I think entire Canada will be dancing in the streets and on the bar tables.

3 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

IF Montreal gets to the finals (or wins the whole thing) it'll be bittersweet for Toronto. 

A championship in Montreal would probably make up for the one that was stolen by the NHL and given to Colorado in 1996.  It's a shame that Montreal isn't playing Colorado right now instead of Vegas.

It is sad that Montreal isn't playing Colorado right now. Then we would see a different level of hockey. I guess.

3 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

No if the Habs win the cup then every team will go back to playing the ***** trap system and boring hockey will be back. If there is a hockey god, either Vegas comes back and beats the Habs in 7 or the winner of the Bolts/Islanders series takes the Habs out in 4 games.

4 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Right. I guess. This is just so crazy.

Matt Stone turning that puck over in the neutral zone trying to skate with it was a very bad move by the Captain...and in my eyes was a huge turning point in that game putting them down 3-0.

You can not have your Captain making a mistake like especially after they just created a turnover and he skates into the Lion's den and the transition becomes a quick transition that Caulfield buries.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Anders Lee took the morning skate in a regular practice jersey. 

If Lee plays, the Islanders will be $7 million over the salary cap…. Tampa Bay should protest this injustice!

5C51E7A5-8750-478D-8558-6350FD64D5CF.jpeg

Agree, but ,probably, this post should go to the Islanders-Lightning thread. Otherwise Canadiens fans wil be confused where they are?😉

53 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Matt Stone turning that puck over in the neutral zone trying to skate with it was a very bad move by the Captain...and in my eyes was a huge turning point in that game putting them down 3-0.

You can not have your Captain making a mistake like especially after they just created a turnover and he skates into the Lion's den and the transition becomes a quick transition that Caulfield buries.

Interesting that Canadiens forward Cole Caufield ( drafted in 2019 round 1; #15 overall) was exactly in same position this season as our Wild prospect Matt Boldy, but Canadiens team did not afraid to use him in 10 games during the regular season and now in 14 playoffs games (he is having 8 points already ( 3 goals; 5 assists)). Unfortunately, our Matt Boldy was not used at all during the regular season as well as during playoffs in a Wild uniform. We missed an opportunity to see him this season in a main club and to get a valuable experience to play with Kaprizov.

• Uggh... 1

19 hours ago, Alexandron said:

We will never know until the final end. That is Stanley. Warriors win and losers lose. I think entire Canada will be dancing in the streets and on the bar tables.

Not in Toronto 

• Like 1

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 2021 Semi Finals Round : Montreal Canadiens vs Las Vegas Golden Knights (MTL Wins 4-2)
8 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

CinderFella is not done yet.

Canadiens defeat the Golden Knights and move on to play for the Stanley Cup.

Wow.

Picked'em in 6.  I'm just saying s'all.

• Thanks 1

On 6/13/2021 at 6:59 AM, Hockey Junkie said:

Its a pure fluke and most realize this.  Fluery can match Price.  Vegas has far more.  And Pietrangelo is one that could be the difference in every game.  Montreal started the season on fire.  Remember that?  And all of them were excited and thought they had something.   Then it went South fast.  Loss upon loss.  How could anyone see this?  This is 2006 Edmonton.

How'd that turn out?   #IDid

Called them in every series.

If Tampa wins the other series, then Habs win the Cup.

If the Isles win (and I called them to win), then I'm not sure.  I'll have to flip a coin.  The only time I doubted the Isles was against Boston, but that was about Rask, and he fell apart.

Isles/Habs is a hard call. Still thinking about that.  Not as obvious to me for the Habs as the first three rounds.

Edited by ruxpin