Jack Eichel's Destination? Trade Talks Allegedly Getting "Intense" Between Sabres and Other GMs

Where Will Jack Eichel Be Playing Next Season?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Where Will Jack Eichel Be Playing Next Season?

• Los Angeles: Jack Goes Hollywood and joins Anze Kopitar
    • Anaheim: Eichel Goes and Helps the Rebuild There
    • Minnesota: Eichel Becomes That "Much Needed Center" For The Wild
    • Columbus: Goes in for a Rebuild ala Anaheim
    • NY Rangers: The Eichel Star is Added to the Budding Stars in Manhattan
    • Philadelphia: Flyers Go 'All In' for Eichel Feeling They are Ready to Contend NOW
    • Someplace Not Listed

Sabres still haven’t given Chia-pet Eichel permission to have surgery yet. Trading for a guy with a neck injury that may not be ready at the start of the season is very big risk for potential suitors

• 3 weeks later...

I am very pissed off with how my Sabres have handled this!  I am still for keeping him.  Not so far fetched now is it all you “Eichel is gone” genius’s ?  

The Rangers want him badly.  But it must be badly enough to surrender current and future assets

18 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I am very pissed off with how my Sabres have handled this!  I am still for keeping him.  Not so far fetched now is it all you “Eichel is gone” genius’s ?  

HJ, good to see you able to post again 🤣

The situation is a mess and Eichel does not want to put that Sabres sweater on ever again. If a trade can’t be worked out I fully expect he will hold out on training camp. Whether today, tomorrow or 3 months from now, the human chia pets time in WNY is done. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Elias Pettersson made his first public grumblings about maybe not wanting to stick around in Vancouver. Possible deal to be worked out? Obviously, the money between he and Eichel is *completely* different, but it will be in the same territory after Pettersson's RFA deal is finished at the conclusion of the 2022 season.

The big hold-up: Pettersson is tired of losing and he would be doing even more of it in Buffalo.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Elias Pettersson made his first public grumblings about maybe not wanting to stick around in Vancouver. Possible deal to be worked out? Obviously, the money between he and Eichel is *completely* different, but it will be in the same territory after Pettersson's RFA deal is finished at the conclusion of the 2022 season.

The big hold-up: Pettersson is tired of losing and he would be doing even more of it in Buffalo.

If this is so, it would be a shame to see Pettersson grumble his way out of Vancouver.

Despite their issues, which are mainly on defense, I think the Canucks have a pretty decent forwards core (which I obviously consider Pettersson to be a big part of), and still have time to improve, progress, and be better.

They have a pretty good goalie in Thatcher Demko and I even like their choice of backup with Jaroslav Halak.

Canucks attempted to fix their defense a bit and while that remains to be seen whether it is improved or not, seems to me Pettersson should be focused on being more part of the solution rather than be a 'problem' for this up n coming team.

You are absolutely right:
If Pettersson were on the Sabres he'd be seeing not only more losing, but some pretty wild ideas of how to run a franchise going on.

I am not giving the Canucks a pass here (and I certainly don't know what is going on behind the scenes), but from what I can tell, Pettersson is in a very good position to help strengthen this team, so maybe a bit less whining and more 'nose to the grindstone'? And maybe if he can somehow stay healthy, he'd be more of a factor?

At the very least, if this 'hold up' is really about money, then be honest about that, rather than sit there and say he is tired of the losing.
In Minnesota, the Kirill Kaprizov saga seems centered around money and term.....and while that sucks for Wild fans, it is at least out in the open, and no posturing about Kaprizov's concerns with the Wild losing is being made.

I could be wrong of course, and maybe with Pettersson it IS about the losing, but I suspect its about dollars.
But if it is about the losing, then I will circle back and say, be more a part of the solution rather than the problem because it seems to me he has some other teammates that are trying their best to win as much as he would like to, and ownership is at least making attempts to fix problem areas, and even admit mistakes (such as buying out Holtby).

As for Jack Eichel himself, wow.... things are getting messier by the day with that situation.

I am reading thins like Eichel to the Rangers in a some sort of deal that sends Mika Zibanejad and picks and/or prospects to Buffalo......and also things like Jack Eichel taking to Twitter venting frustrations there, though that twitter account was also said to be made up by someone looking to stir more trouble than there already is between Jack and the Sabres.

Like I said, messy, messy stuff.
This thing needs to get resolved ASAP for all parties involved.

Also, NY Rangers, would you REALLY do Zibby like that???
After all his service and good years he put into your organization? 

I know, I know...."it's a business", but still.... banishing Mika to the Sabres in favor of new toy Eichel just seems..... cruel.... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

As for Jack Eichel himself, wow.... things are getting messier by the day with that situation.

I am reading thins like Eichel to the Rangers in a some sort of deal that sends Mika Zibanejad and picks and/or prospects to Buffalo......and also things like Jack Eichel taking to Twitter venting frustrations there, though that twitter account was also said to be made up by someone looking to stir more trouble than there already is between Jack and the Sabres.

Like I said, messy, messy stuff.
This thing needs to get resolved ASAP for all parties involved.

Also, NY Rangers, would you REALLY do Zibby like that???
After all his service and good years he put into your organization? 

I know, I know...."it's a business", but still.... banishing Mika to the Sabres in favor of new toy Eichel just seems..... cruel.... :rolleyes:

Gross. That would change my keepers awfully fast if that happened. Zibanejad is currently a keeper but probably would not be on Buffalo LOL

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Well if he'd be ok with only losing half the time he's welcome in Philly!

• Like 3

On 6/16/2021 at 9:04 PM, Jimtown guy said:

Minnesota needs a number 1 center desperately 

Mikko Koivu is back in town, if Wild find themselves in need of a double-emergency backup to the taxi squad.....kidding, kidding🃏

On 8/12/2021 at 9:39 AM, Samifan said:

HJ, good to see you able to post again 🤣

The situation is a mess and Eichel does not want to put that Sabres sweater on ever again. If a trade can’t be worked out I fully expect he will hold out on training camp. Whether today, tomorrow or 3 months from now, the human chia pets time in WNY is done. 

Well I am not so sure he is going to be moved

On 8/13/2021 at 1:16 PM, FD19372 said:

Buffalo trades him to the Flyers, and we flip him to Cal Gary for Johnny Hockey.

I really don't think I'll ever understand the fascination with Johnny Hockey.  I have zero use for him.

Unless we're actually dumb enough to get Eichel and that's the only way to get rid of him, Johnny can stay somewhere else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I really don't think I'll ever understand the fascination with Johnny Hockey.  I have zero use for him.

I second that motion…… Another player who likes to disappear during the playoffs….

3 hours ago, pilldoc said:

I second that motion…… Another player who likes to disappear during the playoffs….

Unless hell freezes over, the big men rule supreme in the playoffs.

14 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Unless we're actually dumb enough to get Eichel and that's the only way to get rid of him, Johnny can stay somewhere else.

Who is Johnny Hockey?

• Uggh... 2

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Who is Johnny Hockey?

Who is Johnny Hockey? Well with that name you just gotta know he's the, .....um....62nd best player in the NHL. I mean who else would you call Johnny Hockey?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Never heard that

I was going to bust your chops and say Johnny Hockey was the twin brother of Johnny Football but I’m off my game today…

• Like 1