Jeff Carter Officially on the Trading Block

Guest OH1FlyersFan

Let's just hope he doesn't come back to Philly........

http://www.bluejacke...th-jackets.html

Yahoo Sports is reporting the same thing.

does anyone really think there's a chance in hell of that happening? him getting moved would be the best thing for him. especially with that NMC and long contract kicking in. he does not want to be there.. .never did. who does?

I sure hope nobody thinks there is, Bak. Especially nobody in Flyers management. Ha. Who would want to take on that contract? Apparently Toronto has been rumored to be interested, but they deny it.

I agree. He never wanted to be here. You could tell just by watching him play......and what it took to even get him here in the first place after they delivered the devastating news. The Jackets are a disaster.

I sure hope nobody thinks there is, Bak. Especially nobody in Flyers management. Ha. Who would want to take on that contract? Apparently Toronto has been rumored to be interested, but they deny it.

I agree. He never wanted to be here. You could tell just by watching him play......and what it took to even get him here in the first place after they delivered the devastating news. The Jackets are a disaster.

He's not American enough for Bryan Burke... Lol

you really want mason? i wouldn't trade schenn for mason 1 for 1. you must be smoking crack.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Although the more I think of it, the more I agree with you. Forget Carter... unless it's straight up for Bryz. lolz

Edited by jkearse123

I don't know if I would want Carter bluntly. He is still acting like a child, and I think would kill the chemistry in the locker room. There are a lot of rookies on the team, and I don't know how impressionable they are.

I think Bryz is more likely to retire before the deal is up.

I don't think Carter goes anywhere this season. He has been injured a lot, and is having his worst season. Value will be low, and given what Howson gave up to *get* Carter in the first place, there will be pressure on him to match that return as closely as possible. Right now, there's no way he comes close to getting a Voracek and Couturier.

The other thing is that Carter's NTC kicks in on July 1, 2012, which means the acquiring team pretty much has to accept Carter and pay him until he's 38 years old OR he agrees to be traded. It's a sh!tty contract for that type of player. Hell, Ovechkin's contract looks even worse right now at $9.53M cap hit for another 9 years for a 35 goal scorer.

I'm not saying I'd want him. Just prefer him to Bryz.His contract and terms are similiar to Bryz'. The difference is, Carter is NOT the worst at his position in the NHL. Injuries have played a big part in his poor season. He's on a horrible team that didn't even realize Carter is NOT the type of center Rick Nash needs. How many wins would Bryz have playing on a lousy team this year? Two?

It's hard to have any sympathy for Carter. He made a business move to push (through his agent) for a lifetime contract, and Homer made a business move by trading him for more valuable assets. It's not how either side wanted it to work out, but it is what happened. Hockey is a business, and you have to accept trades as part of that business. Worst case scenario, Carter gets paid $60M to live in Columbus for 10 years. Seriously, life could be worse.

I'm not saying I'd want him. Just prefer him to Bryz.His contract and terms are similiar to Bryz'. The difference is, Carter is NOT the worst at his position in the NHL. Injuries have played a big part in his poor season. He's on a horrible team that didn't even realize Carter is NOT the type of center Rick Nash needs. How many wins would Bryz have playing on a lousy team this year? Two?

I would actually consider trading Bryz for Mason and a defeseman, though given how much we swindled them on the Carter deal, not sure they want to talk to Homer so soon ;)

though given how much we swindled them on the Carter deal

That's his fault not Homers. If you are going to spend the next 10 years paying a player you better at least know what he is. 35-45 goal scorer that seems prone to injury, leads the league in shots most years when he plays 90% of the games and is not a play maker. Carter is the player with special talents but seems lacks the drive. His type annoy me because he has the potential to be so much more but just seems to either not be able to attain it or maybe he is not even trying too. I haven't heard to much about him skating on his own (Jagr) or anything like that so I'm thinking that he just lacks the drive. Therefore OSU fits him. He can collect his $60M, play hockey and not worry about his reputation with the 100 Blue Jacket fans.

Carter has all skills to be a top NHL forward,he just won't use them.He is a big skinny guy,who wants to stay that way,but at 5 mil+ a year it works for him. He lacks enthusiasm for any part of the game except when has the puck,so the best thing we can do is wish him and get back to ways of getting Bryzo on the next space shuttle! Marty Biron wasn't so bad!

Carter has all skills to be a top NHL forward,he just won't use them

Sure, fair enough. But the reason he cannot use his skills may have as much to do with his lack of hockey IQ as it does with lacking heart or whatever. That is, he doesn' know and can't figure out how to use them.

I think he is dumb as a post.

Edited by Podein25

Worst case scenario, Carter gets paid $60M to live in Columbus for 10 years. Seriously, life could be worse.

Like the guy that got a $2 million settlement for being wrongfully imprisoned for 25 years. But without the unsolicited and unwanted "hugs."