Hakstol new Head Coach, not a typo!

Samifan

28 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Prediction: Kraken will have a better record than the Flyers next year.

Well, to be fair, Seattle will likely have a better record than A LOT of teams if they are getting the same expansion draft treatment the Knights got.

Roster will be filled with salary cap casualties, good players that simply needed more ice time that weren't getting it, and some good reclamation projects that current teams either don't have the patience to wait on, or don't have the room on their roster without sending them to the minors.

Even Hak can't mess that up! ;) 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Hakstol when the Flyers scored were scored on:

F3ONYGKXCZDAJOPFL4TKJ2WSA4.jpg

Hakstol when the Flyers scored:

Hakstol in a loss:

Hakstol after a win:

Hasktol when told his favorite dog had just died from choking on Dave's favorite goldfish:

Hakstol finding out 15 minutes could save him a ton of money on car insurance:

Dave on $1 dog night:

Dave auditioning for interview with Ron Francis:

1058478960.jpg.0.jpg

Look the girl behind dave has, when she realizes he doesn't know his dick from a hockey puck

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Roster will be filled with salary cap casualties, good players that simply needed more ice time that weren't getting it, and some good reclamation projects that current teams either don't have the patience to wait on, or don't have the room on their roster without sending them to the minors.

He does have experience with this.

37 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Even Hak can't mess that up! ;) 

Not again!   Can't possibly do it twice, can he?

Dave Hakstol is in some elite company with some of the most serious people in North American history.

Only thing he is missing that these gentlemen have are major championships, Cups, or Revolutions won!
Will Hak get his with the Kraken?
Stay tuned..... :shifty:

992181143_seriouspeople.jpg.4008b4134c1899a8d2c7e66892585804.jpg

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, radoran said:

Well, looks like we'll see if "the problem" in Philadelphia was "the coach" - this message brought to you by the 2022 Flyers Marketing Slogan "You can't change the players"

you're my friggin hero! well done!

31 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I think this hiring reflects the franchise is partaking in the other Kraken

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRe43h9MRrHHjv3V9quDAn

Serious question. Have you had that?  We did, but I wasn't a big fan.  If you had it, did you drink it straight or did you find something decent to mix it with?

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Serious question. Have you had that?  We did, but I wasn't a big fan.  If you had it, did you drink it straight or did you find something decent to mix it with?

Yeah, I've had it. Its adequate. I don't drink it anymore. I've consumed it straight and with Coke.  I prefer Cpt Morgan Private Stock, or, I just got this for fathers day...

Products-Bottle-Limitada-min-1.png

Wow! thats a big frggin pic.... anyway, stay away from Cannonblast. I drank way too much, woke up on my couch, took two days to figure out how I ended up there, and had the worst fantasy football draft of my life. you can't win with a roster of 6 qb's

Edited by CoachX

10 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I always liked Hakstol.  He was fired as the goat to problems which are embbed in the roster.  Congrat's to him for getting another opportunity!!!!

I’ve met and talked to Hak on handful of occasions when he was coaching in Grand Forks. He’s nothing like he portrays on the bench. Guy does have a personality and pretty good sense of humor. When the lights come on for the game he’s as stone faced as they come 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hf101 said:

I always liked Hakstol.  He was fired as the goat to problems which are embbed in the roster.  Congrat's to him for getting another opportunity!!!!

With all the joking aside, I am sure working in the pressure cooker known as Toronto and seeing up close what "works" or "doesn't work" even with a loaded roster (albeit mostly top loaded), will serve him well being a bench boss once again for the new Seattle franchise.

One could argue his tenure with the Flyers was a very 'green' Hakstol not knowing all the ins and outs of what it takes to be a good NHL head coach.
That experience, his Toronto exposure, even if he wasn't the top coach there, and now getting a chance once again with the Kraken, with what will likely be a very competent and competitive roster should have molded him into a much better, much wiser NHL head coach.

If we all remember, Gerard Gallant was lauded as very good for the Knights (and he was), until he wasn't.....and he didn't last as long on his tenure with the Knights as people thought, especially having that good starting roster.

Will Hakstol suffer a similar fate (darling at first, then run out of town)?
Or has he really become better through his experiences in Philly and Toronto?
I guess we will really see now.

• Like 2

He's a winner. Only coach in NHL to have served as player-coach (ala Reg Dunlap) with Manitoba Moose. Third among all Flyers coaches (behind only Fred Sheri and Iron Mike Keenan) in games and wins. Great hire. All the best to Dave Hakstol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 6:28 AM, Icechipper said:

He's a winner. Only coach in NHL to have served as player-coach (ala Reg Dunlap) with Manitoba Moose. Third among all Flyers coaches (behind only Fred Sheri and Iron Mike Keenan) in games and wins. Great hire. All the best to Dave Hakstol 

That is a true point. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I think Hakstol is a good college coach.  I'm still not convinced he's a great NHL coach.  We'll see how he does.  However, I think he'll get the Kraken to be tough to play against each night.  

That's a fair post/assessment, I think.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1