Wild off-season 2021

Icechipper

LIG, 50 games not a lot but plenty to find out. Look how Nashville team is selecting their prospects and kicking them out if those are a piece of junk. And I want the same way for our prospects too. 

We will take our current freshly signed undrafted Frederick Gaudreau, who started in Nashville. Here are stats from his last 5 years of tryouts in NHL and his time in AHL:

1. 2016-2017 (NHL) - 9 games (0 goals;1 assist; +/- +1);

(AHL) - 66 games( 25 goals;23 assists; +/- -1);

2. 2017-2018 (NHL) - 20 games( 0 goals; 3 assists; +/- 0);

(AHL) - 54 games (22 goals; 21 assists; +/- +9);

3. 2018-2019 (NHL) - 55 games (3 goals; 1 assist; +/- +1);

4. 2019-2020 (AHL) - 42 games (11 goals; 17 assists; +/- 0);

5. 2020-2021 (NHL; Pittsburgh) - 19 games (2 goals; 8 assists; +/- +10);

(AHL) - 6 games (1 goal; 3 assists; +/- +3).

Total he played during 5 years in NHL 103 games = 18 points (5 goals; 13 assists). And he was not a 1st round pick, but undrafted player who had 103 NHL games. In 103 NHL games - 5 goals only. Why did we sign him? Nashville tried him 3 seasons in row and Pittsburgh 1 season. It is evident - he is a typical AHL-er. Why do we need that waste instead of using our more promising prospects to get a valuable experience (Boldy;Rossi)? And from my understanding Evason is planning to place Gaudreau as a center into a 3rd line. Wow.

Regarding Cole Caufield. He did not play entire last season in NHL, but only for 10 games during the regular season and 20 games during playoffs. Before that he played 31 games for University of Wisconsin; 2 games in AHL and 7 games for USA-20 team at WJC-20 actually together with Matt Boldy and won a gold. In the last tournament Caufield had 5 points ( 2 goals; 3 assists;+/- -1) in 7 games, but Boldy had 7 points (5 goals; 2 assists; +/- +3). Boldy also played last season for Boston College 22 games(31 points- 11 goals;20 assists;+/- +15) and 14 games in AHL for Iowa team(18 points - 6 goals; 12 assists; +/- +5). Both players (Caufield and Boldy) were in the same position last season, but one of them(Caufield) had a chance to play in NHL and became a star and one of them (Boldy) had not. Entire media were talking and surprised then about unrealized Boldy's opportunity to play in NHL and playoffs of course, in comparison to with a similar prospect Caufield. No rush, but NHL test was important for him.

Edited by Alexandron
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 4:55 PM, CreaseAndAssist said:

We don't bring them up fast enough?!  We don't let them develop. (YOUR OPINION)  We draft them and think they need to be in the lineup within two years.  (AGAIN, YOUR OPINION - FOR ME, IT DEPENDS UPON THE PLAYER, THE PRESENT/FUTURE TEAM NEEDS, AS WELL AS THEIR TRYOUT PERFORMANCE)  Tim Stutzle played last year (NO TIME IN AHL PROVES MY POINT - AHL NOT ALWAYS NECESSARY, HE STARTED IN NHL).  Cole Caufield, played last year...the entire year.  He was also the Hobey Baker Award winner and put up 30 goals in 31 games in college.  Boldy was good, but he wasn't at that level (DIFFERENT PLAYERS, BUT I WILL CONCEDE CAULFIELD'S SCORING PROWESS IS SUPERIOR, BUT HIS TWO-WAY GAME MAY BE WEAKER AND HIS SIZE COULD HAVE BEEN A PROBLEM.  YET, THEY STILL MADE THIS DECISION AND IT PAID OFF). 

Marco Rossi had to wait and do nothing at all for months.  He couldn't do anything at all.  He couldn't even work out.  Sure, he's doing all he can to try to make up for that lost time, but he can skate through cones and work with a coach by himself all he wants however that's not the same as playing in games.  (SAVE IT FOR SOMEONE WHOM NEVER PLAYED - I DID, AS DID MY DAD AND BOTH BOYS)  If he had played in the Swiss national league like he had planned to, I'd feel more bullish about his readiness (SO WHY NOT SEE WHAT HE HAS IN TRAINING CAMP VERSUS SAYING HE SHOULD START IN AHL - IF HE CAN HANDLE IT, HE CAN HANDLE IT).  As far as Boldy goes, he joined Iowa late in the season, played some games and was good but I wouldn't say he was dominating (ONE POINT PER GAME PACE IS BETTER THAN JUST GETTING BY, AND IF HE IS BETTER THAN THE ALTERNATIVE SCRUB WHY NOT GIVE HIM A CHANCE WHEN NO ONE ON THE TEAM IS REALLY SCORING?)  I watched those games, did you?  (I WATCHED 4 OF HIS GAMES ON IA, and 8 OF HIS GAMES IN COLLEGE AND 2 IN THE USHL, WHILE I WATCHED 10 OF CAULFIELD'S, SO I THINK I HAVE A BASIS FOR AN OPINION).  Or did you just check the stats sheet (NICE TRY, DON'T BLOVIATE AND ACT SUPERIOR - SAVE IT FOR SOMEONE WHO IT ACTUALLY APPLIES TO)  

We're not drafting McDavid or MacKinnon (A POINT I MADE).  We're not willing to be horrible to be able to draft in the Top 3.  (TRUE) We draft in the late teens and early 20's (NOT TRUE FOR ROSSI AND BOLDY, IN FACT, MANY DRAFTS HAD ROSSI AS A TOP 4 PICK, and BOLDY TOP 10).  You don't get ready-for-primetime players drafting at that spot (NOT ALWAYS TRUE; SEE PASTRNAK/25th AND ONLY 28 AHL GAMES AND AHO 35th AND 0 AHL GAMES FROM 2014 and 2015 DRAFT.  JUST SO YOU DON'T CALL ME A 'CHERRY PICKER', HOW ABOUT THE 2018 DRAFT, WHERE ONLY 1 PLAYER IN THE TOP 15 PLAYED AT/OVER 50 GAMES IN AHL - A POINT YOU CONVENIENTLY SIDE-STEPPED.  MOST OF THE REST HARDLY PLAYED ANY GAMES ASIDE FROM LOWER TIER EURO GAMES ).  

Brodin developed in Sweden, we had a more ready player because we let him learn by playing in the pro's in Sweden (NOT DISPUTING THIS).  Its not a bad thing.  He stepped in right away, he didn't spend almost any time in the AHL, why are you whining about that now? (WHERE THE HE77 DID I WHINE ABOUT BRODIN?!? I SAID 'LET THEM PLAY' DIRECTLY IN THE NHL IF THEY MAKE THE TEAM POST TRAINING CAMP - THE TOP 2 LINES DON'T REALLY EXIST ON THE WILD, SO LET THEM START IN TOP 9/F TOP 6/D - THOUGH YOU CANNOT POSSIBLY THINK RASK WILL BE BETTER DAY 1 THAN ROSSI?!  IF SO, THEN WE NEED NEW SCOUTS ASAP)  

Kevin Fiala never spent any time in the minors as a member of the Wild organization.  Why does that matter one bit? (WHOSE POINT ARE YOU ARGUING HERE?  I NEVER SAID HE SHOULD HAVE WITH THE WILD)  He did put his time in the minors and even Dean Evason has mentioned how valuable that experience was for Fiala.  (HE PLAYED OVER 100 GAMES IN THE AHL, AND PER MY RECOLLECTION, IT WAS DUE TO 3 THINGS:  PROVEN RECKLESS PLAY WITH THE PUCK, ZERO DEFENSE DAY ONE, AND BEHIND SOME VERY GOOD PLAYERS, NOT ONE YEAR STIFFS) NHL, but it still got him closer to being NHL ready. (OF COURSE, HE NEEDED IT, AND HIS PATH WAS BETTER BLOCKED AND NASHVILLE WASN'T BUYING OUT TWO HORRENDOUS CONTRACTS 2 YEARS HENCE - NOT THE WILD'S SITUATION 2021-2024) 

Joel Eriksson Ek didn't spend too much time in the AHL, and when he did it was short.  (18 GAMES IN AHL) He dominated (18 POINTS, OR POINT PER GAME, and -4.  FOR COMPARISON, BOLDY HAD 18 POINTS in 14 GAMES, and was +5, AND YOU SAID HE WASN'T DOMINATING BUT EEK WAS?!?) and was called back up.  He too stayed in Sweden and then played very well in the WJC's.  (EEK A LITTLE OVER POINT PER GAME, BOLDY AT A POINT PER GAME IN WJC)  He developed he got better and with more and more time he improved.  (WHAT'S YOUR POINT?  EEK AND BOLDY HAVE ALMOST SPENT EQUAL TIME IN AHL AND WJC WITH RESULTS THAT ARE COMPARABLE - 4 GAMES DIFFERENCE IN AHL)

@IllaZillais 100% right.  We know this team is going to have to be cheap and probably not that great.  (AGREED THIS YEAR, SO WHY 'GET THEIR FEET WET' ONLY AND HOPE THEY CAN BE REGULARS IN THE LEAN CAP YEARS AFTER THIS, VERSUS GIVING THEM A CRASH COURSE IF THEY CAN MAKE THE TEAM THIS YEAR, SO THEY ARE READY IN THE NEXT 2-4?  ELITE PLAYERS DO NOT DEVELOP AGAINST INFERIOR PLAYERS OFTEN - PROVE ME WRONG)  This is the time to be patient and let them season and develop at their own pace. If they're ready, they are ready so why rush it?  (THAT IS EXACTLY MY POINT - IF THEY ARE READY THEY ARE READY.  YOU STATED IN YOUR PREVIOUS POST THAT YOU WANTED ALL 3 TO START AT IA.  YOU JUST CONTRADICTED YOURSELF)

The Wild need to be careful and I think they will be.  (IT IS A BUSINESS THAT JUST TOOK A MASSIVE LOSS LAST YEAR, AND IS EATING A MONSTROUS PAIR OF BUYOUTS.  THEY DO NOT HAVE TIME TO BE VERY CAREFUL, OR BG/DE WILL BE OUT ON THEIR ASS.  THEY WILL NEED ALL 3 TO BE REGULAR DEPENDABLE CONTRIBUTORS AS SOON AS NEXT YEAR, SO WHY WASTE A HALF YEAR PLUS PLAYING AGAINST INFERIOR COMPETITION AND GIVING TOI TO SCRUBS THAT HAVE NO FUTURE ON THE TEAM IF THE 3 ARE READY?)  We rushed players in the past, like Granlund and others and then complained how they didn't live up to the hype.  (I DIDN'T COMPLAIN, AND WE DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME OR THE CAP ISSUE IN THAT YEAR TO NECESSITATE ABANDONING THE MOST CONSERVATIVE APPROACH) Perhaps if we gave them a chance to develop and not expect them to instantly be NHL'ers and forcing it, maybe'd they live up to those expectations.  (GRANLUND WAS NOT A DISAPPOINTMENT TO ME EARLY ON.  HE TOOK LONGER THAN EXPECTED, BUT NO ONE KNOWS IF TIME PLAYING AGAINST LESSER COMP IN AHL WOULD HAVE CHANGED ANYTHING - THAT IS SPECULATION)

Addison had a lot of points early on, but as the season went on he kind of plateaued.  (HE LIKELY PLATEAUED BECAUSE IT IS INFERIOR COMPETITION - WHICH PROVES MY POINT - THERE IS DIMINISHING MOTIVATION PLAYING BENEATH YOUR TALENT LEVEL WHEN YOU LANGUISH THERE TOO LONG AND IT IS TOO EASY)  While I think he was more solid defensively than perhaps we expected the team wants him to develop into a Top 4 defenseman.  I think we all know he's kind of the logical Matt Dumba long-term replacement.  (AGREED TO A POINT, BUT SMALLER AND LESS AGGRESSIVE WITH BETTER PASSING AND A MORE LIMITED SHOT.  PERSONALLY, WHILE ADDISON WILL LIKELY TAKE DUMBA'S SPOT IF TRADED, I THINK CARSON LAMBOS WILL ACTUALLY 'REPLACE' HIM DOWN THE ROAD, AS HE IS MORE OF A SHOOTER WHILE ADDISON IS A SET-

UP DEFENSEMEN.  LAMBOS ALSO ADDS MORE OF DUMBAS SANDPAPER, AND I RECALL THAT YOU WEREN'T VERY HIGH ON HIM, WHILE SOME IN THE SCOUTING COMMUNITY HAD HIM IN THE TOP 10 )  But you develop those Top 4 skills by allowing him to have the ice time and opportunity to do so; (DISAGREE - NOT AGAINST INFERIOR COMPETITION FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD - ADDISON ALREADY PROVED WHAT HE COULD DO IN THE AHL FOR MORE THAN 1/2 YEAR) and that can happen in Iowa.  They have players in those spots in Iowa.  So would you rather have him become Dumba / Spurgeon level with some development; or just another Brad Hunt while he's used on the 3rd pairing?  (BAD COMPARISON - HUNT WAS AN UNDRAFTED PLAYER, IS SMALLER, LESS AGGRESSIVE, AND HIS ONLY COMPARABLE IS HIS PENCHANT FOR A SLAP SHOT FROM THE POINT.  SPURGEON IS ALSO A BAD EXAMPLE - DIFFERENT PLAYER, 6TH ROUND AND SMALL AND ONLY 9 POINTS IN 23 AHL GAMES, BUT OF COURSE I SEE YOUR POINT ABOUT TOP PAIRING VERSUS TAXI SQUAD TYPE PLAYER - ADDISON HAS ALREADY PAID HIS DUES, AND PLAYED PRETTY WELL WITH 24 POINTS IN 34 AHL GAMES - E.G. MORE AHL GAMES ALREADY THAN SPURGEON, AND BETTER POINTS/GAME)  

They're signing players to 1-year contracts because of their cap situation, its not that tough to understand.  (WHAT A POMPOUS THING TO SAY - NO ****?!?  GROW UP, CLEARLY I GET WHY THE 1-YEAR CONTRACTS.  USING YOUR LOGIC, THAT ONLY EXPLAINS THIS YEAR.  WHAT ABOUT NEXT YEAR AND THE YEAR THEREAFTER?  ARE WE JUST GOING TO ASSUME THE 3 WILL BE READY TO GO NEXT YEAR, DUE TO THEIR 'VALUABLE' TIME IN THE AHL THIS YEAR, WHEN THEY COULD JUST GET A FULL SLATE OF GAMES IN THE NHL THIS YEAR IF EARNED DUE TO TRAINING CAMP PERFORMANCE, WHICH YOU WERE AGAINST IN YOUR ORIGINAL POST - WITH YOUR ALL 3 IN THE MINORS HOPE).  I think I'd like to see how Boldy and Rossi develop some chemistry in Iowa   in Iowa and then bring it to Minnesota either later in the season   (THAT MAY OR MAY NOT HAPPEN - SEE GREENWAY, DONATO, ETC - THAT WORKED WELL🙄😡, AND THEY WERE 1st and 2nd ROUNDERS TOO THAT WERE EXPECTED BY THE COACH TO DEVELOP CHEMISTRY, AS WELL AS A BETTER ATTITUDE) (YOU WON'T SEE 2 OF 3 OF THEM UNTIL AROUND THE TRADE DEADLINE AT LEAST) or the next year. (WHICH ALMOST ASSUREDLY CREATES AN ADJUSTMENT YEAR WHEN THE WILD ARE REALLY GOING TO NEED THEM ACCLIMATED) IMO, that could be time well spent.  (AND YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION, AS I AM MINE - THIS WOULD BE A WASTE OF TIME IF THEY MAKE THE TEAM OUTRIGHT POST TRAINING CAMP - EVEN IF NOT ON TOP 2 LINES DAY ONE) 

I accept that you are entitled to your opinion, and some of your points are valid, while there are also contradictions in some points you posed (see above in bold) and overt omissions of some of the points that are the prime reason that I think if Rossi/Boldy/Addison perform well enough to make the team - they need to bring them up. 

Some unsolicited advice:  You could do well to lose the tone, as you are not the Czar of Knowledge on the board (nor am I), in spite of the fact that you write a column.  Everyone needs to have their unsupported opinions challenged every so often - I am glad you are not arguing this case in court.  As for me, don't play me for some chump.  I played a lot more hockey than you know (not a 'stat junky', nor am I one of your minions you can brow-beat, I actually watch a great deal of hockey at all levels across leagues).  I am also very well connected in the scouting, retired player and coaching community, in spite of your suppositions to the contrary.  I will also accept your concession upon your Kaprisov eval in advance of last season any day now - you shouted down from your high horse then, as well, and scoffed at my open and well-supported opinions.  Sorry, just calling them as I see them.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2021 at 11:42 PM, EmptyShelf said:

I accept that you are entitled to your opinion, and some of your points are valid, while there are also contradictions in some points you posed (see above in bold) and overt omissions of some of the points that are the prime reason that I think if Rossi/Boldy/Addison perform well enough to make the team - they need to bring them up. 

Some unsolicited advice:  You could do well to lose the tone, as you are not the Czar of Knowledge on the board (nor am I), in spite of the fact that you write a column.  Everyone needs to have their unsupported opinions challenged every so often - I am glad you are not arguing this case in court.  As for me, don't play me for some chump.  I played a lot more hockey than you know (not a 'stat junky', nor am I one of your minions you can brow-beat, I actually watch a great deal of hockey at all levels across leagues).  I am also very well connected in the scouting, retired player and coaching community, in spite of your suppositions to the contrary.  I will also accept your concession upon your Kaprisov eval in advance of last season any day now - you shouted down from your high horse then, as well, and scoffed at my open and well-supported opinions.  Sorry, just calling them as I see them.

(sigh)  Its Kaprizov, not Kaprisov.  Why would I bother arguing about hockey in court?  You're well connected, wonderful.  Tell us who you know then?  Tell us who you played for.   If it doesn't matter, then why bring it up?  

Minions?  Honest to freakin' god, I don't have any minions.  I disagreed with you, you must be a victim of some cabal?!?!  I never had any minions, not here, not on Wild.com or any place.  

I have known some of these posters for a long time, but no one is here under my control, there is no pecking order, etc.  They might agree with me, they might disagree with me.  It's a message board, who cares.  It's simply a place to talk hockey.  

Edited by CreaseAndAssist

2 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

(sigh)  Its Kaprizov, not Kaprisov.  Why would I bother arguing about hockey in court?  You're well connected, wonderful.  Tell us who you know then?  Tell us who you played for.   If it doesn't matter, then why bring it up?  

Minions?  Honest to freakin' god, I don't have any minions.  I disagreed with you, you must be a victim of some cabal?!?!  I never had any minions, not here, not on Wild.com or any place.  

I have known some of these posters for a long time, but no one is here under my control, there is no pecking order, etc.  They might agree with me, they might disagree with me.  It's a message board, who cares.  It's simply a place to talk hockey.  

This is sophomoric of you, but I will just say that the s, and z in the Russian language are essentially interchangeable in terms of pronunciation (see czar, and tsar) - but whatever.  Since you are a spelling troll, how about you justify your pre-season analysis of Kap's impact, versus assuming the position as the 'spelling police?'  Typical teacher or school administrator - try to highlight nuance, versus defend your position.  No one said that you are in court, but you sure cannot defend your positions very well, and you tend to broadside posters with petty comments like; 'before we create cute little names.'  Essentially, you often act like a know-it-all jerk.  So you write a column, teach school in WI, coach some hockey in WI, and are a proclaimed 'MN hockey media expert' - GOOD FOR YOU.  If anyone on the board makes a comment that you don't seem to 'approve of,' you smack them down with your hubris and pettiness.

As far as who I know, WHO FRICKEN CARES?!?  I only brought it up, as you insinuated that I look at a stat sheet as the basis for my opinions - the pinnacle of arrogance.  But, since you asked AGAIN (we have been over this before; YES, you noted then that I 'am from the Western suburbs' of Minneapolis).  I grew up next to a former GM, and know his family.  I am friends with 2 of 3 brothers that were prominent players in the area and played with them on a #1 ranked team (one of which is now an agent), I also know the family whose daughter married another player that became a GM, and know many ex-players across the greater MSP area that now coach, announce, or just hang around the rink (HS, USHL, and College), including one ex-player that you were just part of a panel with a few months back that also believes Rossi will start on the Wild this year......should I go on?  I don't need to validate myself to a rube like you - yet you seem to desperate for me to do so - AGAIN.   I will not 'name names', as I don't think it is respectful to them, but I am quite sure that if you know MN hockey over the past 40 years and the information I have provided above, you can figure it out 🙄

Since I dropped my season tix, I began to frequent the board to engage in conversations I formerly had at the X, as it was an interesting diversion.   That said, I certainly don't need to continue to have to apologize for providing a pretty cordial board community with another perspective, nor do I feel so inclined in doing so to take a bunch of BS from someone that when his opinions are challenged, acts obtuse and wants to know your bona fides.  As you said; IT IS JUST A MESSAGE BOARD, so how about we just 'agree to disagree' concerning future moves and actions and leave the petty comments and attitude in check?  It doesn't seem like too much to ask.  Besides, many of us here actually do read your column, and speaking for myself, have enjoyed doing so.  A Tip for someone with a side-gig as a journalist:  Don't alienate your readers..... 

4 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

This is sophomoric of you, but I will just say that the s, and z in the Russian language are essentially interchangeable in terms of pronunciation (see czar, and tsar) - but whatever.  Since you are a spelling troll, how about you justify your pre-season analysis of Kap's impact, versus assuming the position as the 'spelling police?'  Typical teacher or school administrator - try to highlight nuance, versus defend your position.  No one said that you are in court, but you sure cannot defend your positions very well, and you tend to broadside posters with petty comments like; 'before we create cute little names.'  Essentially, you often act like a know-it-all jerk.  So you write a column, teach school in WI, coach some hockey in WI, and are a proclaimed 'MN hockey media expert' - GOOD FOR YOU.  If anyone on the board makes a comment that you don't seem to 'approve of,' you smack them down with your hubris and pettiness.

As far as who I know, WHO FRICKEN CARES?!?  I only brought it up, as you insinuated that I look at a stat sheet as the basis for my opinions - the pinnacle of arrogance.  But, since you asked AGAIN (we have been over this before; YES, you noted then that I 'am from the Western suburbs' of Minneapolis).  I grew up next to a former GM, and know his family.  I am friends with 2 of 3 brothers that were prominent players in the area and played with them on a #1 ranked team (one of which is now an agent), I also know the family whose daughter married another player that became a GM, and know many ex-players across the greater MSP area that now coach, announce, or just hang around the rink (HS, USHL, and College), including one ex-player that you were just part of a panel with a few months back that also believes Rossi will start on the Wild this year......should I go on?  I don't need to validate myself to a rube like you - yet you seem to desperate for me to do so - AGAIN.   I will not 'name names', as I don't think it is respectful to them, but I am quite sure that if you know MN hockey over the past 40 years and the information I have provided above, you can figure it out 🙄

Since I dropped my season tix, I began to frequent the board to engage in conversations I formerly had at the X, as it was an interesting diversion.   That said, I certainly don't need to continue to have to apologize for providing a pretty cordial board community with another perspective, nor do I feel so inclined in doing so to take a bunch of BS from someone that when his opinions are challenged, acts obtuse and wants to know your bona fides.  As you said; IT IS JUST A MESSAGE BOARD, so how about we just 'agree to disagree' concerning future moves and actions and leave the petty comments and attitude in check?  It doesn't seem like too much to ask.  Besides, many of us here actually do read your column, and speaking for myself, have enjoyed doing so.  A Tip for someone with a side-gig as a journalist:  Don't alienate your readers..... 

So you're from Edina.  And you know a former ex-Gopher scoring star.  He's a pretty nice guy.  

Fair enough...  

Glad you read the columns, that's good to hear.  I wish it could be considered a side-hustle though, its officially and by definition a hobby.    

• 3 weeks later...

An interesting article came up recently about our former 1st round#15 overall pick Luke Kunin. He is in Nashville now and played not bad at all together with Grandlund last season. That team has a good current strategy (no longer will professional resumes and contracts be the deciding factor in roles and ice time) according to the article:

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/luke-kunin-a-special-kind-of-player

Maybe we should use this too?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alexandron said:

An interesting article came up recently about our former 1st round#15 overall pick Luke Kunin. He is in Nashville now and played not bad at all together with Grandlund last season. That team has a good current strategy (no longer will professional resumes and contracts be the deciding factor in roles and ice time) according to the article:

should have started that a couple of years ago

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bear said:

should have started that a couple of years ago

That would be nice. The player who has the most outstanding results will get more ice time. That strategy is able to create a better player's performance and sort of competition among players. And overall team's performance will get improvements too. Nashville's team was not able to pass 1st playoffs round for few seasons which leaded for them to change their strategy towards more progressive one. This also will develop more interest among the fans too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alexandron said:

That would be nice. The player who has the most outstanding results will get more ice time. That strategy is able to create a better player's performance and sort of competition among players. And overall team's performance will get improvements too. Nashville's team was not able to pass 1st playoffs round for few seasons which leaded for them to change their strategy towards more progressive one. This also will develop more interest among the fans too.

Its the way it should be done earn your ice time.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Yeah.

Someone needs to go and rub that article in Parise's and Suter's face. Like today.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

28 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

Can we split the difference and say 2012?

I agree. Practically we did not see the difference in 2012-2020 seasons. Last season we did see some difference for Parise and minimal difference for Suter. Nashville changed their strategy and I think we are capable to do that as a main rule for our team as well. This way professional hockey will be only the winner.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 3:14 PM, Hockey-78 said:

Yeah.

Someone needs to go and rub that article in Parise's and Suter's face. Like today.

Again, more evidence to throw in the faces of those who still refuse to believe in the 'culture problem' #20 and #11 posed for this organization.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Again, more evidence to throw in the faces of those who still refuse to believe in the 'culture problem' #20 and #11 posed for this organization.  

Some people only see what they want to see confirmation bias.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 8:30 AM, CreaseAndAssist said:

They were indeed the root of the problem.  I don't remember Koivu, Staal, or Spurgeon ever being sucked into the 'Clubby' atmosphere in prior years until these two entitled A-Holes showed up in town and fostered a 'concierge line' into ownership.  This is likely the reason that a next generation of players was wrecked and sent packing for little return (Coyle, Granlund, NN), and would be the reason the upcoming generation of players would be similarly destroyed.  So glad that they are someone else's problem for the duration of their careers.....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

They were indeed the root of the problem.  I don't remember Koivu, Staal, or Spurgeon ever being sucked into the 'Clubby' atmosphere in prior years until these two entitled A-Holes showed up in town and fostered a 'concierge line' into ownership.  This is likely the reason that a next generation of players was wrecked and sent packing for little return (Coyle, Granlund, NN), and would be the reason the upcoming generation of players would be similarly destroyed.  So glad that they are someone else's problem for the duration of their careers.....

If we celebrated thanksgiving day here in Finland, that is the number one thing for me. Surpasses Kaprizov's skills, Guerin's good start as a GM.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

I agree that the clubhouse started with the arrival of The Wonder Twins, but I don't know if Coyle, et al were wrecked by them. Coyle really only had one good year with the Wild (amazingly enough it was a contract year. Funny how that works). Aside from his one playoff explosion with the B's after the trade, he's been nothing special in Beantown. Granlund produced while he was here, and we did get Fiala for him. At the time it appeared the Wild got hoodwinked, but Fiala has out produced Granlund over the last two seasons. I will agree with you on Niedereitter. He was a productive player here and is still producing for the Hurricanes. Rask has done nothing here, short of taking up space on the bench and a good chunk of the salary cap. I don't know if either of those two had anything to do with the Niedereitter trade. It was almost like Fenton made the trade because he could. Especially after it came out that he never had Rask scouted and just pulled the trigger.

Be interesting to see what happens on their new teams, if they are able to dictate their ice time, line mates and such.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

I agree that the clubhouse started with the arrival of The Wonder Twins, but I don't know if Coyle, et al were wrecked by them. Coyle really only had one good year with the Wild (amazingly enough it was a contract year. Funny how that works). Aside from his one playoff explosion with the B's after the trade, he's been nothing special in Beantown. Granlund produced while he was here, and we did get Fiala for him. At the time it appeared the Wild got hoodwinked, but Fiala has out produced Granlund over the last two seasons. I will agree with you on Niedereitter. He was a productive player here and is still producing for the Hurricanes. Rask has done nothing here, short of taking up space on the bench and a good chunk of the salary cap. I don't know if either of those two had anything to do with the Niedereitter trade. It was almost like Fenton made the trade because he could. Especially after it came out that he never had Rask scouted and just pulled the trigger.

Be interesting to see what happens on their new teams, if they are able to dictate their ice time, line mates and such.

Your points make great sense.  When I said we didn't get much for Granlund, Coyle, and NN, I probably should have added the qualifier 'overall,' as I do like Fiala quite a bit, and completely agree that he has outplayed Granlund.  It would be very interesting to see Fiala (and KK) with a REAL center.  I am hopeful about Rossi.

As for how I believe this generation cited above were ruined, I believe they were all starting to really make an impact until the glares from the Country Club forced them to 'stay in their lane' as youngsters.  Following their departures, none of them has truly lit it up, but I think that has a lot to do with their respective roles with new teams and the fact that they are through their peak years of growth and development (much of which was not maximized here, as there was clearly a back seat for all of them available when 9, 11, and 20 were 'driving the bus' with ownership support and endless TOI and PP.   Moreover, even PomPom had playing time leverage over 2 out of 3 of them for a portion of their time here - A BIG mistake

• Like 1

For the first time since 2014, NHL allowed to play professionals at Olympic games next year.

According to Russo, Olympic shoo-ins for the #mnwild are likely Jonas Brodin and Joel Eriksson Ek (Sweden), Kirill Kaprizov (Russia), Nico Sturm (Germany) and Kevin Fiala (Switzerland). Other candidates include possibly Matt Dumba and Jared Spurgeon (Canada) and Kaapo Kahkonen (Finland).

Here is more to read about our Wild player Mats Zuccarello, who is participating in a qualification tournament for the Olympic games which started on August 26. He is playing for the Norway team. They supposed to chose only 3 teams out of 12 in that tournament. I am not sure if Rossi is playing for the Austria team.

Here is an article:

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2022/ogqmd/news/27656/setting_up_the_final_olympic_qualifiers

2 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Here is more to read about our Wild player Mats Zuccarello, who is participating in a qualification tournament for the Olympic games which started on August 26. He is playing for the Norway team. They supposed to chose only 3 teams out of 12 in that tournament. I am not sure if Rossi is playing for the Austria team.

Here is an article:

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2022/ogqmd/news/27656/setting_up_the_final_olympic_qualifiers

Just found out. Unfortunately, Norway and Austria teams did not qualify for the Olympics in Beijing 2022. Out of 12 teams were qualified 3 teams - Slovakia, Latvia and Denmark.  

Edited by Alexandron