On 9/2/2021 at 8:04 AM, IllaZilla said:

I agree that the clubhouse started with the arrival of The Wonder Twins, but I don't know if Coyle, et al were wrecked by them. Coyle really only had one good year with the Wild (amazingly enough it was a contract year. Funny how that works). Aside from his one playoff explosion with the B's after the trade, he's been nothing special in Beantown. Granlund produced while he was here, and we did get Fiala for him. At the time it appeared the Wild got hoodwinked, but Fiala has out produced Granlund over the last two seasons. I will agree with you on Niedereitter. He was a productive player here and is still producing for the Hurricanes. Rask has done nothing here, short of taking up space on the bench and a good chunk of the salary cap. I don't know if either of those two had anything to do with the Niedereitter trade. It was almost like Fenton made the trade because he could. Especially after it came out that he never had Rask scouted and just pulled the trigger.

Be interesting to see what happens on their new teams, if they are able to dictate their ice time, line mates and such.

Coyle, I think you're right.  He is what he is.  A classic teaser who can show you flashes of skill, scoring ability but more often than not leaves you disappointed he isn't more assertive physically or offensively.  However I do think the 'Country Club' shamed Jason Zucker into being more of a passer and less of a shooter.  They didn't like it when he'd just turn on the jets and take his own chances to score.  That's around the time that Parise started to make comments about the fly by celebrations and crap...probably mostly because of envy over his popularity.  

I think Nino couldn't manage to get almost any power play time because the country club was holding onto those spots so that limited him to his even-strength time.  

I think Suter will try to dictate his ice time, etc.  Parise will not get preferential treatment with the Islanders.  I don't think Trotz will give him any special treatment.  If he's not doing what he's told, he'll be on the bench or in the pressbox.  

• Like 2
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see the Blackhawks are going to let Pius Suter become a free agent.  He's fast, skilled and put up decent points in his rookie season.  IMO, might be a good affordable option for a Top 6 center spot and not old either!  

Well hold your hockey sticks ,🏒 the Wild signed a French Canadian. Jaques Lemaire must be gushing. A center no less. He can wear Parise's old No. 11 sweaters (JP kept his custom lids). Adding a French voice to an already tower of Babel room fu of Finns, Swiss, Swedes, Norwegians, Canadians, a goofy Russian  and some good-old U.S. College guys is a stroke of genius. Guys can tell who is open just by identifying the languageof the guy calling for a pass.

I am NOT a fan of this approach.  We are coming up on some very LEAN years due to the Boat Anchor Buyouts, and I don't want Rossi, Boldi, and Addison getting their 'feet wet' further in those years after a 'cup of coffee' this year.  I also do NOT think you develop further by playing more minutes and in PP/PK situations at inferior levels against inferior talent.  When I played (and when my sons played), playing down a level to gain 'experience' in man advantage/disadvantage situations only slow

Posted Images

10 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Coyle, I think you're right.  He is what he is.  A classic teaser who can show you flashes of skill, scoring ability but more often than not leaves you disappointed he isn't more assertive physically or offensively.  However I do think the 'Country Club' shamed Jason Zucker into being more of a passer and less of a shooter.  They didn't like it when he'd just turn on the jets and take his own chances to score.  That's around the time that Parise started to make comments about the fly by celebrations and crap...probably mostly because of envy over his popularity.  

I think Nino couldn't manage to get almost any power play time because the country club was holding onto those spots so that limited him to his even-strength time.  

I think Suter will try to dictate his ice time, etc.  Parise will not get preferential treatment with the Islanders.  I don't think Trotz will give him any special treatment.  If he's not doing what he's told, he'll be on the bench or in the pressbox.  

Forgot about how Zucker changed from a scorer to a passer. And the "Fly-bys look cheesy" comment from Parise. How full of yourself do you have to be to tell 22 other guys on the team they should only celebrate a goal the way you want it celebrated?

In my opinion, I don't think the "Country Club" wrecked any prospects, per se, but I can see how the way they dictated their ice time, special teams situations, and line mates could have influenced the development, or lack thereof, of younger players, and thus "wrecked" them. Or the prospects just weren't that good to begin with. I do think Wild fans tend to over-value our prospects. So maybe it's a combo platter. Mediocre prospects + limited ice time/situations = lack of development.

All I know is that I'm glad Guerin has a pair and cleaned house. And hopefully in the future Fan Boy #1 learned his lesson and sticks to just writing the checks and not picking GM's or giving out his personal cell number to players...

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1
3 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Forgot about how Zucker changed from a scorer to a passer. And the "Fly-bys look cheesy" comment from Parise. How full of yourself do you have to be to tell 22 other guys on the team they should only celebrate a goal the way you want it celebrated?

In my opinion, I don't think the "Country Club" wrecked any prospects, per se, but I can see how the way they dictated their ice time, special teams situations, and line mates could have influenced the development, or lack thereof, of younger players, and thus "wrecked" them. Or the prospects just weren't that good to begin with. I do think Wild fans tend to over-value our prospects. So maybe it's a combo platter. Mediocre prospects + limited ice time/situations = lack of development.

All I know is that I'm glad Guerin has a pair and cleaned house. And hopefully in the future Fan Boy #1 learned his lesson and sticks to just writing the checks and not picking GM's or giving out his personal cell number to players...

I would agree as a group they were overhyped.  Yea, I hope he learned his lesson too.  Or at least started to block Tom Saggisor's calls.  

Wild-off season 2021 is ending. I would like especially to congratulate Foligno and Dumba because of their fishing hobby and their trophy catch for bass. I am impressed already. More best fishermen we will have in our team more closer we will stand to a Stanley Cup. World media already predicting more success in Stanley Cup playoffs this season with a current roster and outstanding promising prospects Boldy and Rossi who could be a powerful line together with Fiala.