Flyers targeting UFA's

CoachX

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

I heard that :rage::readytofight:

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, business, events and incidents are the products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

10 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

And I really think Eichel will be a disaster for whoever trades for him.

I dunno.....

any chance Eichel is just a product of playing in Buffalo? Maybe he makes a move to another team and he becomes what he was supposed to be

9 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

And I really think Eichel will be a disaster for whoever trades for him.    I think we're replacing the Voracek cancer with the Eichel cancer. And a significantly broken cancer. And an even more expensive cancer.

If Eichel was your way of distracting me from the fact you traded for Jones, well done. It didn't work, but I appreciate the attempt.  Diabolical. Much respect.

I don't know. I don't have great options but I'll try to post something later.  At least you're putting up ideas.

eichel is a cancer? that's news to me, i dont know much about him, um no it's not about distracting you from anyone im just throwing out a star names even though i dont know much about them, that's why im asking for your opinion on them, if you are against it that's fine, if they are better fits for this team im open for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well if you care here is a mock expansion draft and it doesn't shock me but i don't like it.

@TropicalFruitGirl26

You sure you don't want to make a trade for Gourde instead of losing him for nothing??

There has to be a better way.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nhl-mock-expansion-draft-projecting-172635870.html

Sean Leahy, NHL writer

FORWARDS (17)
Jordan Eberle, Islanders
Yanni Gourde, Lightning
Teddy Blueger, Penguins
Sonny Milano, Ducks
Noel Acciari, Panthers
Austin Wagner, Kings
Ryan Carpenter, Blackhawks
Eric Robinson, Blue Jackets
Mason Appleton, Jets
Jonah Gadjovich, Canucks
Colin Blackwell, Rangers
Jujhar Khaira, Oilers
Jason Dickinson, Stars
Tyson Jost, Avalanche
Vitaly Abramov, Senators
Dylan Gambrell, Sharks
Nick Merkley, Devils

DEFENSEMEN (10)
Chris Tanev, Flames
Shayne Gostisbehere, Flyers
Jake Gardiner, Hurricanes
Carson Soucy, Wild
Troy Stecher, Red Wings
Travis Dermott, Maple Leafs
Connor Clifton, Bruins
Alexandre Carrier, Predators
William Borgen, Sabres
Vince Dunn, Blues

GOALIES (3)
Jake Allen, Canadiens
Vitek Vanacek, Capitals
Adin Hill, Coyote

From the stuff I've been perusing here and there, the Lightning GM was said to be working on some 'side deal' with Seattle.
The gist, seemingly, is Seattle taking Tyler Johnson and a pick or top prospect and leave players like Gourde or Cernak alone.

Or, barring that, trading Gourde outright to Seattle for something else, I would assume after the expansion draft,  (though the Bolts would still like to move Johnson's 5M hit), thereby creating 10M in space by moving Johnson and Gourde to Seattle.

Bolts for sure would like to keep Cernak though.

Two other players that keep coming up that Seattle may want off of the Bolts are either Anthony Cirelli or Mathieu Joseph.

As for Gourde being sent to the Flyers before losing him for nothing to Seattle, again, assuming the TB GM doesn't do a side deal, I'd go for a Gourde to Philly and something like Patrick/Hagg coming back.

Even though both Patrick and Hagg attract the ire of some Flyers fans, I think they would do better in the Lightning's deeper, transitional system.
Lots of players to take the heat off both Patrick and Hagg on the Lightning where they could just focus on specific roles.

31 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I'd go for a Gourde to Philly and something like Patrick/Hagg coming back.

I would do this and Gourde would just slot into Patrick's protected spot.

However we don't know if this is the best deal on the table for i would expect the GM to take the one that works best for them in the long run. However fun to discuss none the less.

53 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

As for Gourde being sent to the Flyers before losing him for nothing to Seattle, again, assuming the TB GM doesn't do a side deal, I'd go for a Gourde to Philly and something like Patrick/Hagg coming back

Throw in a 3rd round pick to the Flyers, and I'd do that deal. No question about it.

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well if you care here is a mock expansion draft and it doesn't shock me but i don't like it.

@TropicalFruitGirl26

You sure you don't want to make a trade for Gourde instead of losing him for nothing??

There has to be a better way.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nhl-mock-expansion-draft-projecting-172635870.html

Sean Leahy, NHL writer

FORWARDS (17)
Jordan Eberle, Islanders
Yanni Gourde, Lightning
Teddy Blueger, Penguins
Sonny Milano, Ducks
Noel Acciari, Panthers
Austin Wagner, Kings
Ryan Carpenter, Blackhawks
Eric Robinson, Blue Jackets
Mason Appleton, Jets
Jonah Gadjovich, Canucks
Colin Blackwell, Rangers
Jujhar Khaira, Oilers
Jason Dickinson, Stars
Tyson Jost, Avalanche
Vitaly Abramov, Senators
Dylan Gambrell, Sharks
Nick Merkley, Devils

DEFENSEMEN (10)
Chris Tanev, Flames
Shayne Gostisbehere, Flyers
Jake Gardiner, Hurricanes
Carson Soucy, Wild
Troy Stecher, Red Wings
Travis Dermott, Maple Leafs
Connor Clifton, Bruins
Alexandre Carrier, Predators
William Borgen, Sabres
Vince Dunn, Blues

GOALIES (3)
Jake Allen, Canadiens
Vitek Vanacek, Capitals
Adin Hill, Coyote

Man after looking at this list the only 60 point forward they would have would be Gourde and Eberle.

Sure would make Jake very attractive for their top line to me.

Eberle Gorde Voracek

Could be worse.

22 hours ago, tucson83 said:

dont like it im assuming?

Tampa won back to back with defence, toughness and special teams, not pretty. Did you see anyone ever take liberties with their goalie? Part of Carter Harts decline was playing deeper in his crease because of the softness of the 5 guys in front of him. Shift after shift. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Tampa won back to back with defence, toughness and special teams, not pretty. Did you see anyone ever take liberties with their goalie? Part of Carter Harts decline was playing deeper in his crease because of the softness of the 5 guys in front of him. Shift after shift. 

yes i take notice to that.

On 7/17/2021 at 7:21 AM, flyer4ever said:

Ya that pisses me off, can't be a bunch of pansies getting pushed around, that's why I was glad Morin was inserted back on Defense and though, I'm in the minority, I was rooting for Rinaldo to stay.(I don't subscribe to dirty hits/plays, but if you can lay the body clean, I'm all for it) when he was on the ice we where a positive momentum team and when momentum was shifting he brought it back, so hopefully at 13th pick, Chuck gets the "Right Stuff" guy, through pick or trade.

On 7/17/2021 at 10:21 AM, flyer4ever said:

Tampa won back to back with defence, toughness and special teams, not pretty.

The other thing they did was have really skilled guys buy into what Cooper is selling.

There is a shitton of talent on that roster, it's not like they iced Tony Twist and Ty Domi.

The last two championship Lightning teams are perhaps the best constructed teams I've seen this century. 

They can win any way the game is played.  They would have won a shoot out too. 

• Good Post 1

1 hour ago, TimKerrFan12 said:

Sign Suter

As Sanheim's partner? 

Do you think that would work ?

I have doubts, but if you have time would you mind explaining the value you see in Suter?

I think they would get pushed around, the Minnesota guys in this community mostly hate him, because - reasons and I don't know if he's the right voice for a group that needs some leadership. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TimKerrFan12 said:

Sign Suter and Danault from Montreal and it is a home run off season.   Imagine adding two solid D Ellis and Suter as anchors.   Danault is a solid Defensive centre.   He can only help reduce the goals against.

He'll no to Suter. 

And Danault I like but has already turned down 5 x 6 from Montreal.

I don't want to invest that in a 3rd line center and block Frost.

Find Sanheim a stay at home defender.

Suter ain't it...

5 hours ago, TimKerrFan12 said:

Sign Suter and Danault from Montreal and it is a home run off season.   Imagine adding two solid D Ellis and Suter as anchors.   Danault is a solid Defensive centre.   He can only help reduce the goals against.

Read the Wild board on here about Suter being bought it...it's pretty much "good riddance" all the way around. I never really liked him when he was good. And now he's not. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Read the Wild board on here about Suter being bought it...it's pretty much "good riddance" all the way around. I never really liked him when he was good. And now he's not. 

Agreed. He could skate alright back in his prime. But so could I.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Larsson is off the board. He's signing with Seattle as TSN confirmed a 4 year deal with Seattle and Larsson. 

Damn and Montour might resign with Florida. So that leaves Savard as a top target.

I would kick the tires on the Duck's Josh Manson with one year left on his deal at 4.1 mill.

I also like Alex Martinez as an option. Another guy i like but would be more for the bottom pair is Jani Hakanpaa.

Chuckles might have to get creative if he doesn't move fast to fill the hole Myers left.

They'll end up with Jason Demers.....watch....

:rage:

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Damn and Montour might resign with Florida. So that leaves Savard as a top target.

I would kick the tires on the Duck's Josh Manson with one year left on his deal at 4.1 mill.

I also like Alex Martinez as an option. Another guy i like but would be more for the bottom pair is Jani Hakanpaa.

Chuckles might have to get creative if he doesn't move fast to fill the hole Myers left.

I thought when Myers left, he would take the "hole" with him. You know, that one in his head

anyway, i think something BIG will happen

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

No no, not Demers. Chuckles will bring Suter yo Philly on another 11 year contract or something that long