Jake Voracek may be gone after the expansion draft

Bertmega

1 hour ago, Bertmega said:

Been reading up on this and it sounds like both sides may want to part ways. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/nhl-trade-rumors-jakub-voraceks-future-after-expansion-draft-seth-jones-flyers

I hope I will dance a jig like Bruce Willis if so.

Loved that movie...

:bigteeth:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I'd rather see him traded than given away for nothing at the expansion draft.  He will probably be left unprotected.  He has value.

I will agree with this I would love to try to pick up some of his cap hit and and trade him for something of value.

And leave Seattle to hopefully take JVR or worst case Ghost.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CoachX said:

whatever the scenario, as long as he is GONE! I feel like this is ground zero for the Flyers

Yeah, I'm in complete agreement.   And really good way to put it.

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

I'm back from vacay, 4 days in Minnesota, so I'm energized.

Who the hell vacations in Minnesota!! ;)

But yes, Jake needs to be gone at the start of next season. Buh-Bye.

I REALLY hope we do not part ways with Farabee. I have this sinking feeling that he will be part of some mega-trade for Jones or someone else! I hope I'm wrong!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

I REALLY hope we do not part ways with Farabee. I have this sinking feeling that he will be part of some mega-trade for Jones or someone else! I hope I'm wrong!

Agreed! Farabee has incredible potential to be the shoot first sniper the Flyers have lacked for years. Hope he’s on Cliff’s untouchable list.

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Who the hell vacations in Minnesota!! ;)

But yes, Jake needs to be gone at the start of next season. Buh-Bye.

i don't think Farabee is going anywhere

I had a niece get married. It was my first trip to Cananda

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaineFlyFan said:

I hope you are too....the only home grown talent the Flyers have drafted i can remember who have topped 20 goals by the time the year they turned 20-21 was Konecny, JVR, Jeff Carter, Mike Richards and Simon Gagne so as you can see it isn't like the Flyers have this nailed down as a art.

Not very many and Gagne was drafted in 98. So now way in hell i am trading my leading goal scorer unless it is for a very very huge over pay. Joel Farabee has 40 goal potential i think.

I can see a second line of Farabee, Hayes and Allison being very hard to handle. 

But first things first this team needs to clamp down and keep the puck out their net first before they can return to the playoffs.

• Like 2

Greetings Gang!

I am getting sick of the rumor mill and just want stuff to happen.  But after reading that Minnesota has eaten Parise and Suter's salary for God knows how much, making Mr. Ginger should be relatively easy.  Agreed that we don't want to lose serious assets.  It appears we are willing to say goodbye to this core. 

15 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I am getting sick of the rumor mill and just want stuff to happen. 

Jake Voracek for Matt Dumba.......after the expansion draft...Flyers pick up 2 mill on the last 3 years of Jake's contract...i feel it.

And then the Flyers sign Adam Larsson......

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Jake Voracek for Matt Dumba.......after the expansion draft...Flyers pick up 2 mill on the last 3 years of Jake's contract...i feel it.

And then the Flyers sign Adam Larsson......

It could be worse.

They could do a lot worse. Goligoski and Suter...that's right i said it, and threw up in my mouth a little.

Dumba doesn't quite check all the boxes but he's a good player and will help solidify the top 4.

Larsson is good at defense & would fill out the bottom 4 nicely. 

I've said elsewhere, 93 has to be out the door. 

Those carrots are cooked. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I can see a second line of Farabee, Hayes and Allison being very hard to handle. 

Hayes will frustrate the hell out of those kids, on that line. Hayes is too slow and doesn't score consistently enough. Hard pass.