Jake Voracek may be gone after the expansion draft

Bertmega

9 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Hayes will frustrate the hell out of those kids, on that line. Hayes is too slow and doesn't score consistently enough. Hard pass. 

As i said they looked ok at the end of the season despite Hayes being injured.

Their last 5 games together:

Farabee 4 goals 6 assists +5

Hayes 1 goal 4 assists +5

Allison 3 goals 3 assists +3

----------------------------

5 games 8 goals 13 assists 21 points not too shabby.

So i will ask so who would you replace with at second line center then?

Please don't say Laughton, Patrick or Frost.

I patiently await your answer...

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Please don't say Laughton, Patrick or Frost

I'll say Laughton and you'll like it. 😁 Either he, or move G back to center at this point, although they need to find a center in free agency or via trade. if they do that. Damn this team has some serious holes.

Edited by FD19372

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I'll give you Laughton and you'll like it.

@CoachX Will LOVE Scottie trying to center the second line.

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

move G back to center at this point

I think it would be best to move Giroux to the 3rd line LW opposite of Laughton and NAK (or Kyle Palmieri to replace Jake after he is traded to Arizona).

Giroux should be humble and accept that role to help his team out. Unless by the grace of God he could get on some TRT and have a career resurgence or something.

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Hayes will frustrate the hell out of those kids, on that line. Hayes is too slow and doesn't score consistently enough. Hard pass. 

Hard pass is why Hayes is slow and lazy. I'm telling you that guy is baked more than Grandma's famous apple pie

image.jpeg.c84be3f9661c08d9624a72533d290c21.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Hard pass is why Hayes is slow and lazy. I'm telling you that guy is baked more than Grandma's famous apple pie

Maybe they don't call him "Purple Haze", for nothing.🤣

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Yet he was injured and still produce this with the right wingers.

Their last 5 games together:

Farabee 4 goals 6 assists +5

Hayes 1 goal 4 assists +5

Allison 3 goals 3 assists +3

----------------------------

5 games 8 goals 13 assists 21 points not too shabby.

And i wouldn't call him slow. Sure he isn't the fastest guy on the team and yet could keep up with the young bucks and help them produce.

So who do you have as your second line center then...you hard pass however don't provide a solution...a realistic one would be preferred Scott Laughton is not a second line center in today's NHL sure in a pinch but not slotted there.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

a realistic one would be preferred Scott Laughton is not a second line center in today's NHL

WORD JUMBLE!

Scott Laughton is not a realistic preferred player in today's NHL

• Uggh... 1

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And i wouldn't call him slow. Sure he isn't the fastest guy on the team and yet could keep up with the young bucks and help them produce

I liked Hayes two seasons ago. Last season, not so much. But like my POV on Flethcer, considering KH injury, I'll hold permanent judgement til this season. Day by day judgement, bitching, whining and overall pissyness will still be on a post by post basis

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

Last season, not so much.

You have to give the guy the benefit of the doubt he got hurt early in the season when they were all playing so well. He had offseason surgery and should be healthy by the start of camp.

As i said i have him as my second line center till they can find another option.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

You have to give the guy the benefit of the doubt he got hurt early in the season when they were all playing so well. He had offseason surgery and should be healthy by the start of camp.

As i said i have him as my second line center till they can find another option.

you're totally correct. I meant to put that in my post, but I got to wrapped up in my narcissism and completely forgot

26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

This is key and remembering how long it took players to recover to be close to 100% it was about midway through the season(after summer surgery) when there was no lingering pains and scar tissue ailments. So I'm guessing around end of December/year to see where he's at.

How about a Jake for Johnny trade with Calgary.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would do this. So would this be after the expansion draft??

Yes I would pull the trigger then but I would of been talking and setting this up sooner so that both teams can get more semblance of direction with the big to do lists/pressures and uncertainties this expansion/ flat cap is bringing. It would give the team the feeling of control in their uncertain off season. Checking off boxes that need to be addressed.

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

But seriously why??

That line looked pretty solid towards the end of the season considering Hayes was hurt even.

Mostly because it was easy.

It's actually not that bad if Hayes is healthy and plays like he cares.

And if Allison plays like he did on his cup of coffee.

I'm not going to see it, but I'd like to see those wingers with Frost in between.

Fletcher needs to take advantage of this market and give the impression he's busy wheeling and dealing phone offers/return calls on players.

Teams are gonna loose players, you need to cash in on some of those guys to use as pieces for other deals. Aquire players as assets to move to other teams to get your guys. Find out what the other guys wants are to use in your trades and if anything grab some picks for this draft that are gonna have late round steals since the draft year got turned upside down with the lost players evaluation scouting.

Easier said then done but that's where you put in the work.

Edited by LegionOfDoom

43 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Mostly because it was easy.

It's actually not that bad if Hayes is healthy and plays like he cares.

And if Allison plays like he did on his cup of coffee.

I'm not going to see it, but I'd like to see those wingers with Frost in between.

Frost has to prove he can hold down a 4th line center spot before I give him more responsibility.

#babysteps

:ToastingSmiley:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Frost has to prove he can hold down a 4th line center spot before I give him more responsibility.

#babysteps

I honestly think that's a horrible way to go about it but typical Flyers. Might as well trade him.  He's not a 4th line energy guy and he'll prove nothing there other than you put him someplace where he can't possibly succeed and have destroyed another young player.

4th line is not baby steps. 4th line is not someplace you put first rounder who led his league in scoring. It's where you completely waste time.

Put him on a scoring line with wingers. You'll know really quickly one way or the other.

• Like 4

I'm with Occam on this but I'm also with Rux as well. Frost needs to prove and put his time in, but he has to be given line mates that can facilitate him at his position. Maybe start him at Wing and put him as a Center in game situations, he already took several shifts and scored points, so I think he is aware of the game speed and will see just like Farabee that certain plays won't work in the NHL so easily.

Though deep down inside, I don't think Frost will be our player on this team, I think he won't play for our franchise for long.

Like Patrick they might not be in this organization in the next several years. I would like to have them both here, but I think in time they will be moved/traded.

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

#babysteps

BRAVO! Well said. Say it again :CelebratingSmiley:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Fletcher needs to take advantage of this market and give the impression he's busy wheeling and dealing phone offers/return calls on players.

Teams are gonna loose players, you need to cash in on some of those guys to use as pieces for other deals. Aquire players as assets to move to other teams to get your guys. Find out what the other guys wants are to use in your trades and if anything grab some picks for this draft that are gonna have late round steals since the draft year got turned upside down with the lost players evaluation scouting.

Easier said then done but that's where you put in the work.

I know it's been talked about on here, but Ryan Ellis of Nashville would be interesting since Nashville has 5 defensemen they would like to hold onto but can't so maybe Ellis and his $6.25 cap hit would be something they'd consider moving in order to protect other D.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I honestly think that's a horrible way to go about it but typical Flyers. Might as well trade him.  He's not a 4th line energy guy and he'll prove nothing there other than you put him someplace where he can't possibly succeed and have destroyed another young player.

4th line is not baby steps. 4th line is not someplace you put first rounder who led his league in scoring. It's where you completely waste time.

Put him on a scoring line with wingers. You'll know really quickly one way or the other.

You can put him on the 3rd if you want but you need to prove you understand the concept of the system you are expected to run, show them you know where you are suppose to be when you are suppose to be there, show them you can help forecheck and back check versus lesser talent and then and only then do i insert you on the second line.

Many of high talent have started on the 3rd or 4th lines and worked/earned there chance to move up the lineup.

Nothing wrong with that. Earning your keep is what this whole team must be held to if you want to ever win a Cup. Frost isn't any different. Mike Richards, Jeff Carter and even Claude Giroux had to start in the bottom 6 and work their way up the lineup.

Frost proves himself and well i would be ok moving him up to the second line...unless Hayes line is playing so well i don't want to mess with their chemistry and then well Frost will have to wait for his chance like others did.

Unless of course Frost proves himself before the start of the season and if he looks like that come preseason and camp and earns the second line role i got no problem with that Hayes will have to center the 3rd and that is only fair. In fact i would love for that to happen...

• Like 1