Jake Voracek may be gone after the expansion draft

Bertmega

3 hours ago, Lindbergh31 said:

I know it's been talked about on here, but Ryan Ellis of Nashville would be interesting since Nashville has 5 defensemen they would like to hold onto but can't so maybe Ellis and his $6.25 cap hit would be something they'd consider moving in order to protect other D.

I think Ellis would be a very good option for the defense.

Here is the rub...we would have to wait till after the expansion draft because they have to protect Provorov, Sanheim and Myers already.

So unless you want to trade one of those three for Ellis it will have to wait. I kind of want to hold onto Sanheim and Myers.

It is tricky.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think Ellis would be a very good option for the defense.

Here is the rub...we would have to wait till after the expansion draft because they have to protect Provorov, Sanheim and Myers already.

So unless you want to trade one of those three for Ellis it will have to wait. I kind of want to hold onto Sanheim and Myers.

It is tricky.

True enough, what are the options again for the protection list for teams.

11 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

True enough, what are the options again for the protection list for teams.

i think the Flyers are protecting 7 skaters, 3 defense and 1 goalie

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Giroux

Coots

Hayes

Lindblom

TK

Patrick

Provorov

Sanheim

Myers

Hart

someone is missing.....oh wait, it's Laughton. Makes sense, he's been missing for years

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, CoachX said:

someone is missing.....oh wait, it's Laughton. Makes sense, he's been missing for years

For a second there you had me....but he is there...unless someone else has fixed it for me.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

You can put him on the 3rd if you want but you need to prove you understand the concept of the system you are expected to run

I'm okay with this (the last part is overblown, but I'm fine with it).  You just simply don't put a playmaker on the 4th line.  He earns his spot on the top 9 or he should not be on the team.   Putting him on the 4th line is like putting a swimmer in a rodeo.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

For a second there you had me....but he is there...unless someone else has fixed it for me.

I'm on my phone and this exchange briefly confused me. Lol

I take it some of the younger kids (Farabee, Allison, for example) just aren't eligible yet?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CoachX said:

Booooo! Buzz kill! :readytofight:

I think we have covered this before, but just in case.

I don't care if you let Mrs. Ruxpin do anything you can stomach, but quit letting her use your login.   mmkay?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I'm on my phone and this exchange briefly confused me. Lol

I take it some of the younger kids (Farabee, Allison, for example) just aren't eligible yet?

No the kids are safe.

They have slim pickings.

Voracek

JVR

NAK

Twarynski

Bunnaman

Morin

Hagg

Ghost

I maybe forgetting someone.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No the kids are safe.

They have slim pickings.

Voracek

JVR

NAK

Twarynski

Bunnaman

Morin

Hagg

Ghost

I maybe forgetting someone.

If it's me and I'm the Kraken, it's JVR if I'm going forward and Hagg or Ghost if I'm going defense.

I'm not sure what to think of Hakstol and Ghost.   Or Hagg, for that matter.   But Francis might take JVR for name and to help get to the cap floor.

I'm okay with that.

• Like 2

@pilldoc

I know we discussed this earlier when the story broke about the trade so I will say I have changed my mind on it a little.

Jeremy Rutherford: “Vladimir Tarasenko has given the #StlBluesNHL_2021_Teams_stlblues.png a list of at least 10 clubs to which he can be traded, we think we know a majority: #NYRNHL_2021_Teams_NYR.png, #IslesNHL_2021_Teams_Isles.png, #VegasBornNHL_2021_Teams_VegasBorn.png, #NHLBruinsNHL_2021_Teams_NHLBruins.png, and #AnytimeAnywhereNHL_2021_Teams_AnytimeAnywhere.png we reported previously, add #GoBoltsNHL_2021_Teams_GoBolts.png, #ALLCAPSNHL_2021_Teams_ALLCAPS.png, #FlaPanthersNHL_2021_Teams_FLAPanthers.png to that list”

I would trade for him if they are willing to take Jake back for him in return.

Or JVR. If they want to do this yes I would pull the trigger.

They would save about 750K if they take Jake and worst case scenario they could try to move him (Vlad) before the 2022-23 deadline.

So if they want to agree to this then do it.

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

If it's me and I'm the Kraken, it's JVR

Is it that clear cut???

JVR is 6 months older than Jake and well JVR has only been a 60 point players twice in his career.

Jake on the other hand has had 6 (if you pro rate this past season) and a 80 point player twice.

Jake last non pro rated 60 point season was 2018-19 JVR's 2016-17.

However JVR has one less year on his contract and Jake is more expensive by 1.25 mill per.

So is Jake worth the possible 10-15 extra points he could net??? Can't say.

But there are plenty of Jake supporters here who can maybe answer which would they prefer if they were Seattle....a 50 point JVR or a 65 point Jake. Both float and suck defensively.

And both have some very good skill when they decide to display it.

I would expect both to be motivated next season to show the Flyers they f**ked up.

But after that all bets are off...then the plus side would be you'd only have one more year of JVR.

And Jake you're stuck with another two years....i'm glad i don't have to make the call.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Is it that clear cut???

No it's not. But it was an "if it's me" statement.

Everything you said makes sense but if I take the "if it's me" out if it, one thing nags that I think *potentially* makes it clear cut.

Pretend for a moment that we are on the right track that Voracek is a culture problem.   Who would know better than the guy who lost his job at least partly due to that fact?

If we are wrong, then all bets are off.  Jake would make sense (even moreso) in checking both the "name" and "cap floor" boxes.

Ultimately, if it's me, I go JVR. And if I'm the Flyers, I hope for that because if you're right and Voracek has more value, he may ultimately be easier to move in a trade afterwards.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Pretend for a moment that we are on the right track that Voracek is a culture problem.   Who would know better than the guy who lost his job at least partly due to that fact?

You and your stupid good points. Damn you!!!!!!

:rage:

REPORTED!!!!!

• Haha 1

It's anybody's call and who knows what Ron Francis is gonna end up doing. Fletcher did ask RF if he wanted to think outside the box when it came to choosing which player they will pick or be helped to pick if other players are involved in trades to them or other teams.

Fletcher gave some advance options that he would be willing to listen to for the mutual benefit of both teams.

That was some high level out of the box thinking on Fletchers part and is encouraging to hear.

Unfortunately this might include a first round pick for the rights to keep a player the Flyers could trade for if Seattle picks up another unprotected player so they don't get the Flyers traded for player. 

8 hours ago, ruxpin said:

No it's not. But it was an "if it's me" statement.

Everything you said makes sense but if I take the "if it's me" out if it, one thing nags that I think *potentially* makes it clear cut.

If we are wrong, then all bets are off.  Jake would make sense (even moreso) in checking both the "name" and "cap floor" boxes.

Ultimately, if it's me, I go JVR. And if I'm the Flyers, I hope for that because if you're right and Voracek has more value, he may ultimately be easier to move in a trade afterwards.

a little thought wrinkle to this POV. I think Jake became the cancer after AV was brought in. I dont think he likes a coach who will call him out and require him to play defense

• Good Post 1

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

a little thought wrinkle to this POV. I think Jake became the cancer after AV was brought in. I dont think he likes a coach who will call him out and require him to play defense

Possible.

I think he's been a cancer for years.   And stupid AF since birth.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

I was thinking that JvR would be a solid choice for the Kracken because he gets points.

Teams need that.

The kicker is he's a solid citizen. He'll go do all the things in the community to help build goodwill for the team in the community. He's the Flyers player rep for the NHLPA and in general is a mature thoughtful guy that can get you 25/30 in a down year.

There is a lot to like about JvR- this past year was one of his better play driving years if I'm to believe I understand his advanced stats correctly.

Plus his term is shorter than Jake's but the aav is high enough to help get the team to the salary cap floor.

I was never excited by the redux of JvR in Philly but I can recognize a good player and person. He checks both those boxes. Seattle could do worse. 

My hope is they pick Voracek he's more dynamic and I can see being able to market around him and another veteran.  But losing JvR's salary will provide ample cap room to help refurbish the defense. 

Edited by mojo1917

7 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I was thinking that JvR would be a solid choice for the Kracken because he gets points.

Teams need that.

The kicker is he's a solid citizen. He'll go do all the things in the community to help build goodwill for the team in the community. He's the Flyers player rep for the NHLPA and in general is a mature thoughtful guy that can get you 25/30 in a down year.

There is a lot to like about JvR- this past year was one of his better play driving years if I'm to believe I understand his advanced stats correctly.

Plus his term is shorter than Jake's but the aav is high enough to help get the team to the salary cap floor.

I was never excited by the redux of JvR in Philly but I can recognize a good player and person. He checks both those boxes. Seattle could do worse. 

My hope is they pick Voracek he's more dynamic and I can see being able to market around him and another veteran.  But losing JvR's salary will provide ample cap room to help refurbish the defense. 

If JVR played his entire career like he did the first half of last season he'd never have been traded and would likely be wearing an "A" right now. 

• Like 4

If Voracek is "ground zero" for the Flyers, JVR is the next domino that needs to be kicked over. He's another overpaid millionaire that does just enough to make sure he can't obviously get demoted benched, whatever, long term. I think he is plenty capable, but totally unwilling. I think he is a total Jake supporter, and his "mini me". Do what it takes to unload both