Jake Voracek may be gone after the expansion draft

Bertmega

4 minutes ago, CoachX said:

If Voracek is "ground zero" for the Flyers, JVR is the next domino that needs to be kicked over. He's another overpaid millionaire that does just enough to make sure he can't obviously get demoted benched, whatever, long term. I think he is plenty capable, but totally unwilling. I think he is a total Jake supporter, and his "mini me". Do what it takes to unload both

If we are herding these guys out of town perhaps there is a seat on the bus for #28. He is the captain of a team that quit multiple times last season, he is a diminishing asset that will cost an asset to the Kraken, and really doesn't fit into the rebuild by the time this team is competitive once again. But alas, the O&B country club saves spots for all who have come in. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

If we are herding these guys out of town perhaps there is a seat on the bus for #28.

I think they wait to see how the upcoming season unfolds first.

If it goes south i think you see them trade Giroux and Couturier before the dead line for a huge haul to help expedite the rebuild process. Just my opinion on it.

4 hours ago, CoachX said:

a little thought wrinkle to this POV. I think Jake became the cancer after AV was brought in. I dont think he likes a coach who will call him out and require him to play defense

So, you're saying trade him for Laine?

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

36 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

If it goes south i think you see them trade Giroux and Couturier before the dead line for a huge haul to help expedite the rebuild process. Just my opinion on it.

So, you're saying they'll need to Win the Trades?

🤔

4 minutes ago, radoran said:

So, you're saying trade him for Laine?

I would trade him for Tarasenko straight up....the only way i would touch Vlad.

Check this out...the Athletic Jeremy Rutherford suggested a Morgan Frost and Phil Myers for Tarasenko trade.

If Chuckles did this they should fire him immediately!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

the Athletic Jeremy Rutherford suggested a Morgan Frost and Phil Myers for Tarasenko trade.

This is one reason why I've muted The Athletic on all my social media...

That, and how many !%^#^&%$* mock expansion drafts does anyone need??

Just now, radoran said:

So, you're saying they'll need to Win the Trades?

🤔

Maybe.

Depends on what would come back to Philly...unless they get garbage back...i would hope it would takes years before if we know if they won...but if we know as soon as it is announced that might not be a good sign.

Just now, radoran said:

This is one reason why I've muted The Athletic on all my social media...

That, and how many !%^#^&%$* mock expansion drafts does anyone need??

Yeah they are just a Eklund pay site...just most times going for the click bait/shock factor.

Hard pass....i don't subscribe to it only way i know Ryan Gilbert tweeted it.

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Depends on what would come back to Philly

Something like, oh, say, a Top 10 first rounder, the "best player not in the NHL", a top six winger, a rugged promising young forward, a 2nd, and a 3rd?

Spitballing.

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

Something like, oh, say, a Top 10 first rounder, the "best player not in the NHL", a top six winger, a rugged promising young forward, a 2nd, and a 3rd?

Spitballing.

I'd hate to lose Coots honestly but it might be worth it to not have to sit and watch Giroux on the bench "looked pissed/frustrated" and then continue to go out on the ice and really do nothing to get his team moving in the right direction...but at least (if JVR and Jake are gone too) they can start the next generation recycle two years away from being two years away.

Not sure if that will be better looking at Patrick and Frost.

:BrownBag:

33 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'd hate to lose Coots honestly but it might be worth it to not have to sit and watch Giroux on the bench "looked pissed/frustrated" and then continue to go out on the ice and really do nothing to get his team moving in the right direction...but at least (if JVR and Jake are gone too) they can start the next generation recycle two years away from being two years away.

Not sure if that will be better looking at Patrick and Frost.

:BrownBag:

If we could get a center like McTavish or Lucius in the draft and team is horrible this year, then dumping G and Coots at the deadline for a big haul is a good idea as Ocams stated. We just have to make sure we are getting top end NHL ready talent that can step right in. If we rebuild the defense this summer and Hart bounces back, then we rebuild some of the offense at the deadline.  Cup bound teams will certainly overpay for G and especially Coots.  We are stuck with Hayes, so why pay Coots another 29 year old guy, 8 million for the next 7 years. If we can dump Hayes then, maybe we can keep Coots, but paying both for the next 6-7 years is not good business. 

2 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

If we could get a center like McTavish or Lucius in the draft and team is horrible this year

To get this guys which i like as well the Flyers are going to have to move up.

One guy who may be there is Cole Sillinger. Another sniper who could be added to the fold.

4 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

We are stuck with Hayes

Maybe after next season if the Blues land his cousin Matthew Tkachuk (either this summer or before the trade deadline) maybe there is a chance they could ship him there next summer because Hayes NMC would be up it was only in place for the expansion draft.

Hayes grew up a Blues fan watching his uncle play. Very small chance but a chance none the less.

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

If we are herding these guys out of town perhaps there is a seat on the bus for #28. He is the captain of a team that quit multiple times last season, he is a diminishing asset that will cost an asset to the Kraken, and really doesn't fit into the rebuild by the time this team is competitive once again. But alas, the O&B country club saves spots for all who have come in. 

I can appreciate your anxiety, and I share it. I keep expecting Giroux to wake up, but I think that chapter is closed. Unfortunately, the Flyers hold G in high regard as a "career" guy. His legacy will be propped up by the Flyer numbers he e puts up, and his failures will not be emphasized. There are still a $hit ton of fans who don't share the intricate details of a forum like ours, and their image of Giroux is very high. The organization likes that stuff becasue its keeps butts in the seats and tv's turned on. Long story short, he ain't going anywhere......YET

25 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

To get this guys which i like as well the Flyers are going to have to move up.

One guy who may be there is Cole Sillinger. Another sniper who could be added to the fold.

Maybe after next season if the Blues land his cousin Matthew Tkachuk (either this summer or before the trade deadline) maybe there is a chance they could ship him there next summer because Hayes NMC would be up it was only in place for the expansion draft.

Hayes grew up a Blues fan watching his uncle play. Very small chance but a chance none the less.

I wish we would trade for Tkachuk or someone who plays that style, that can play physical, score, agitate and get the team going like he can..Konecny has some of that , this is a pivotal year for him, he has to have a breakout year. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I can appreciate your anxiety, and I share it. I keep expecting Giroux to wake up, but I think that chapter is closed. Unfortunately, the Flyers hold G in high regard as a "career" guy. His legacy will be propped up by the Flyer numbers he e puts up, and his failures will not be emphasized. There are still a $hit ton of fans who don't share the intricate details of a forum like ours, and their image of Giroux is very high. The organization likes that stuff becasue its keeps butts in the seats and tv's turned on. Long story short, he ain't going anywhere......YET

giroux1.jpg

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

giroux1.jpg

i dont know if i should be jealous or offended. There was a reason he WAS my favorite player

thats a good cartoon likeness of a certain forum member

Edited by CoachX

44 minutes ago, CoachX said:

There are still a $hit ton of fans who don't share the intricate details of a forum like ours, and their image of Giroux is very high.

That's true, but it can turn on a dime and something like nine years of frustration does build up.

It was butts in seats (or lack thereof) that cost Hextall his job. And that was mere months after Giroux had his "MVP" season...

They made a splash with Hayes and (gasp!) a playoff round win, but then **** the proverbial bed. There are always the "Stepfords" who think whoever is on the Flyers is the best and that every free agent thinks this is Tronno wants to come here.

But if the rumblings coming out of senior management and the abject desperation of the Flyers' ticket office hounding this four-year-lapsed partial season ticket holder to buy tickets - and the creation of a new scheme through which fans can sell off their tickets to others - are any indication, things are not as tikitiboo down at the Big Bank Building and their Cable Overlords.

The bottom line is the Most Important Thing to Comcast. And there's a whole generation of hockey fans who don't remember a perennially successful Flyers franchise. At all.

We may be canaries in a coal mine, but it's still a problem if we "die off" as fans...

• Good Post 2

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think they wait to see how the upcoming season unfolds first.

I hope that is exactly the scenario that unfolds. Fletcher can help to ensure it goes that way. Next 2 entry drafts have multiple franchise players at the top end.

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2021/07/after-adding-ryan-ellis-is-vladimir-tarasenko-next-on-flyers-gm-chuck-fletchers-to-do-list.html

From Saint Hippo himself on a inside source:

It was a perfectly played gambit by Fletcher.

So, what’s next on the flow chart?

Well, if you watched Fletcher’s interview with us (and if you haven’t, you missed a lot), then you’ll know that he’s talked to Seattle GM Ron Francis about “nine times.” leading up to the expansion draft.

And Fletcher told us two very important things of note for us to cobble together…

1. He talked with Jake Voracek about the Flyers needing to get better, and that his time here might be coming to a close and that Jake understands. After all, Voracek did an interview in the Czech Republic, saying as much.
  2. Fletcher told us that he talked to Francis about the possibility of the Kraken taking a player in the expansion draft for the Flyers and then trading that player to the Flyers for a package.

That information, combined with some more info that has come my way from a couple sources, one within the Flyers organization, and one outside of it, has led me to the following scenario:

• The Kraken will select Vladimir Tarasenko from the St. Louis Blues in the expansion draft.
  • Seattle will then trade Tarasenko to the Flyers for Voracek and a draft pick. I’m told it’s not the first rounder either. So, let’s say a 2 or a 3.
  • The Kraken then select Robert Hägg from the Flyers in the expansion draft.

This is certainly fluid, and could change in the next day or so, but from what I can gather, and putting the puzzle pieces together, this is next on Chuck Fletcher’s flow chart.

It also makes sense considering Voracek had his best season in the NHL playing for Hakstol, and Hakstol basically let Voracek play his game when he was his coach.

This begs the question, is adding Ellis and Tarasenko and subtracting Myers, Patrick, Voracek, Hägg and a draft pick a good start to the off-season?

I’d say yes, and evidence that Fletcher is best at his job when he shows patience.

That’s not to say that he’s done. Not by a long shot. There’s still more salary to shed, more moves that can happen. but you would be silly to think that if this is the next move for Fletcher, and it comes to fruition in the coming days, that he isn’t off to a flying start in this critical offseason for the Flyers.