Duclair and Yandle bought out by the Cats

Keith Yandle and Anthony Duclair were bought out today by the Panthers organization ahead of the Kraken expansion draft, neither is a real surprise.

Yandle has always been a very  one sided player, an offensive d-man  with eroding skills. The current Iron Man who Quenneville nearly benched during the regular season several times, he was a healthy scratch three times in the playoffs.

Duclair was once referred to as "The dumbest Hockey player I ever coached" by Tortorella, had a red hot start a few years ago with the Senators before cooling off, signed this past offseason with the Cats. He is as streaky as an old Mans shorts after he ate corn on the cob. His main skill is he gets a breakaway once or twice a game because he is nearly impossible to defend because he is never where he is supposed to be, which comes in handy the previously said once or twice a game, but about ten times per game he forgets to defend his own man going back into the zone allowing odd man rushes the other way. Met him and shook his hand, even spoke to him for a few when he was with CBJ at an event for season ticket holders, nice young man, thoughtful, nice smile, but God does he have zero Hockey sense.

So Yandle will continue his Iron Man streak with someone else, rumor already that the Hawks may try to add him back on the cheap, Duclair because he is young, not a jerk and does do one thing well will land on his feet somewhere. Hope it is not Detroit.

Edited by yave1964
  • Haha 1

EDIT!!!!!

Right after I posted it about Duclair, the Cats and GM Bill Zito resigned him to a three year deal. So Sunrise Florida can look forward to watching him streaking up and down the Wing without a clue where he is going or how he is getting there for years to come. 

"Anthony brought great speed and skill to our club this season," said Zito. "We look forward to seeing him continue to be a creative playmaker for us on the ice and a valuable member of our community."  Pretty much sums him up. You can have him Bill Quenneville is probably shaking his head.

It won't be Detroit, in fact Duclair just re-signed a 3-year deal

https://www.nhl.com/news/anthony-duclair-signs-3-year-deal-to-stay-with-florida/c-325662454

18 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Met him and shook his hand, even spoke to him for a few when he was with CBJ at an event for season ticket holders, nice young man, thoughtful, nice smile, but God does he have zero Hockey sense.

I had the same feeling during his junior years in Québec where I saw him play a couple of times: very talented but very versatile and eligible for a brain transplant.

Just now, Math said:

It won't be Detroit, in fact Duclair just re-signed a 3-year deal

https://www.nhl.com/news/anthony-duclair-signs-3-year-deal-to-stay-with-florida/c-325662454

I had the same feeling during his junior years in Québec where I saw him play a couple of times: very talented but very versatile and eligible for a brain transplant.

Yeah I misread it, Florida resigned him so my bad. Glad he is there and not on a team that I like.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Keith Yandle and Anthony Duclair were bought out today by the Panthers organization ahead of the Kraken expansion draft, neither is a real surprise.

Uh might want to edit this...

Panthers Sign Duclair to Three-Year Extension

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/anthony-duclair-signs

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Uh might want to edit this...

Panthers Sign Duclair to Three-Year Extension

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/anthony-duclair-signs

yeah i thought about editing the title but nah, i will own my Gong Show of a post header, lol. Still wouldnt want him tho

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

So 18 people in Sunrise Florida can look forward to watching him streaking up and down the Wing without a clue where he is going or how he is getting there for years to come. 

Picture1.png

• Haha 3