Confirmed: Ellis traded to Flyers for Myers / Patrick

mkscrewy

3 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Exactly - that's the other part of this. The Flyers needed help defending Hart, clearing the crease - putting a frkkn BODY on the guy in the paint once in awhile. That isn't Ellis' game at all and if you're giving up a 24-year old D-man with all the natural ability Myers has you should've filled your real need.

Of course Ellis will help the Flyers...he passes the puck out of danger very well - that always impresses me about him - he doesn't get rattled. But as it stands right now Carter is still basically unprotected back there.

I don't know. I think he does a lot of good things in front of his own net. He's never been +/- in any season in his NHL career and doesn't rack up PMs doing it. 

We need smart and leadership first and foremost, not physical.  And he checks those boxes without being ridiculous expensive either in contact or in what it took to obtain him.   We can always go get a cheaper physical.  You put ALL of that in one player and you're sacrificing other players elsewhere due to cap.

We will need the physical, though, so either someone else comes in or they figure Morin is that guy.

Just now, FD19372 said:

Whatever the hell happens in Manitoba, should stay in Manitoba. Thanks. 🤣

So long as it doesn't stay in the sheep. Poor damn thing has to be able to walk, you know!

• Haha 2

Just now, Podein25 said:

Oh dear...

No. Sheep.

Pay attention! Do I have to do everything around here?

I'm going to get on my RonJeremy login and give you hell!

Eichel's going nowhere!  He'll be great playing with Miller when he returns!

Whoops

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Nolan Patrick- "I think a fresh start is the best thing for me. I'm extremely motivated after the season I had to have a bounce back year." He
says he's excited to join a really good team that can win now. Said he's only been to Vegas when Philly was playing the Golden Knights.

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:
Nolan Patrick- "I think a fresh start is the best thing for me. I'm extremely motivated after the season I had to have a bounce back year." He
says he's excited to join a really good team that can win now. Said he's only been to Vegas when Philly was playing the Golden Knights.

I'm sorry... Nolan WHO?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ellis is the Predators’ all-time postseason leader with 31 assists (in 74 games). The Flyers leader in that category is Bobby Clarke with 77 (in 136 games). Among defensemen, Mark Howe is tops with 45 (in 82 games).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ellis is the Predators’ all-time postseason leader with 31 assists (in 74 games). The Flyers leader in that category is Bobby Clarke with 77 (in 136 games). Among defensemen, Mark Howe is tops with 45 (in 82 games).

Now let's get to the postseason 😉

• Like 2

I like this guy already.

Ellis confirms that reports about his injury in 2020-21 being a shoulder injury were incorrect, said he broke a knuckle and that's what kept him out. No surgery was necessary.

Ellis said "It seems there's a nice mix of veteran guys and younger guys. The only expectation is to win."
Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

So Ellis is #94?  Wonder what that is all about.

Well, he couldn't have the 4 he wore in Nashville... And 14 & 34 are currently in use.

I'm guessing rather than follow in fellow former Pred Kimmo Timonen's #44 footsteps he took 94 to make his own mark on the Flyers?

He will be the first player to wear the number for Philadelphia.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, radoran said:

Well, he couldn't have the 4 he wore in Nashville... And 14 & 34 are currently in use.

I'm guessing rather than follow in fellow former Pred Kimmo Timonen's #44 footsteps he took 94 to make his own mark on the Flyers?

He will be the first player to wear the number for Philadelphia.

I will say this I wasn't aware he was the first but it will have to grow on me.

I don't recall a defenseman ever wearing that number.

It might be a combination of his youth jersey?

At first it looked perplexing but right after it reminded me of a Nascar race number(Ellis/Elliott) and to see it in home Team black with that number; him racing down the ice with that number, is gonna be bringing good vibes this season.

On front crease toughness? I saw Morin clearing the front crease at times on his shift, but "mhorr" important I saw him thinking the game while he was doing it.

Man it's too bad Myers wouldn't venture down that path before the whistle blew.

He was solid after the whistle in clearing the porch, just needed to do it more often between whistles. Morin does it both ways and is willing to throw down...man wish Myers was more like that but seemed to be leaving that type of game and became what he was last year. Ya it sucks to see him go, but who was he gonna end up being(question mark). Ellis be what he gonna be....now.

Sad we lost our second overall pick[AGAIN]. Watch us get him back after he spends his Jumanji Jungle childhood(Robin Williams) elsewhere in Sin City.

Edited by LegionOfDoom
Clarity