Tarasenko for Jake rumor

jammer2

14 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Not for any reason generally given here

With the acquisition of Ellis the Flyers are over the regular season Ginger limit so someone has to go Jake is the senior citizen ginger so off he goes...

...unless you want to move Captain Ginger out in his place?

• Haha 3
  • Good Post 1

6 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Ever? We had Braydon Coburn remember

So it was a high bar, but Jake is The Stupid Little Engine that Could.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Yes and Coburn's dumb dumb come from puck to the eye.

He was never the same after that.

Jake?

Don't have that excuse he has been the same since he was traded for...

:bigteeth:

• Like 3

@GratefulFlyers

He's a 60 point guy, he's only slightly overpaid. 

He's durable, he is good at hockey.

When I type this I'm not speaking about his past performance or fit in the community.

And I like Jake, I think he's funny, and is generally a good bloke. 

I'm speaking directly to this:

Should the team not deal him, he will not be "great in the room" anymore.

I know he's a European player so his perspective may be different. 

But being told, "we're going to leave you unprotected in the expansion draft and if that doesn't work we'll try to trade you" would sting no matter where a person is from. Having been told that, and somehow he's still a Flyer, I'm not expecting him to do anything beyond show up, work and cash his check. I think it would be foolish to expect any sort of extra effort from a guy after telling that guy "you're not part of the future."

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2

37 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Joni Pitkanen ?  Zac Rinaldo, Chris Gratton ?

Come on, there have been way dumber players than Jake...this is recency bias.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Joni Pitkanen ?  Zac Rinaldo, Chris Gratton ?

Come on, there have been way dumber players than Jake...this is recency bias.

You have me on the booger eater.

The rest, I'm going Jake.  I'm sorry, but based on his skill, the points this guy could have and the reduction of points against if only he wasn't dead above the neck on skates!

I don't think he's actually a dumb person.  That's Pitkanen.  He's a dumb player (Pitkanen was both).     I think the better description isn't dumb but rather over-confidence passing arrogance.  He attempts to skate through 5 players at once and would take on more if the rules didn't limit the number of opposing players.  He tries idiotic passes high in the offensive zone through as many.  He refuses on most occasions to make the safe play not because he doesn't know better (stupid) but because he over-exaggerates his ability (stupid again but not because of lack of cognition).   And this hurts the team.

I know we want someone who generates offense, and that sometimes the trade-off is lack of defense.  But this isn't even quite that trade-off.  Because he does usually attempt to get back.  I don't think any less than others and often more.   He just makes bad decisions once he gets there--again, because of an over-exaggerated  sense of skill/ability.

Kind of the "I'm the smartest person in the room" syndrome while eating halibut out of a takeout container in the driver seat of a Lumina while running the car in your garage.

• Haha 4

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2021/07/after-adding-ryan-ellis-is-vladimir-tarasenko-next-on-flyers-gm-chuck-fletchers-to-do-list.html

From Saint Hippo himself on a inside source:

It was a perfectly played gambit by Fletcher.

So, what’s next on the flow chart?

Well, if you watched Fletcher’s interview with us (and if you haven’t, you missed a lot), then you’ll know that he’s talked to Seattle GM Ron Francis about “nine times.” leading up to the expansion draft.

And Fletcher told us two very important things of note for us to cobble together…

1. He talked with Jake Voracek about the Flyers needing to get better, and that his time here might be coming to a close and that Jake understands. After all, Voracek did an interview in the Czech Republic, saying as much.
  2. Fletcher told us that he talked to Francis about the possibility of the Kraken taking a player in the expansion draft for the Flyers and then trading that player to the Flyers for a package.

That information, combined with some more info that has come my way from a couple sources, one within the Flyers organization, and one outside of it, has led me to the following scenario:

• The Kraken will select Vladimir Tarasenko from the St. Louis Blues in the expansion draft.
  • Seattle will then trade Tarasenko to the Flyers for Voracek and a draft pick. I’m told it’s not the first rounder either. So, let’s say a 2 or a 3.
  • The Kraken then select Robert Hägg from the Flyers in the expansion draft.

This is certainly fluid, and could change in the next day or so, but from what I can gather, and putting the puzzle pieces together, this is next on Chuck Fletcher’s flow chart.

It also makes sense considering Voracek had his best season in the NHL playing for Hakstol, and Hakstol basically let Voracek play his game when he was his coach.

This begs the question, is adding Ellis and Tarasenko and subtracting Myers, Patrick, Voracek, Hägg and a draft pick a good start to the off-season?

I’d say yes, and evidence that Fletcher is best at his job when he shows patience.

That’s not to say that he’s done. Not by a long shot. There’s still more salary to shed, more moves that can happen. but you would be silly to think that if this is the next move for Fletcher, and it comes to fruition in the coming days, that he isn’t off to a flying start in this critical offseason for the Flyers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this does go through, it will be a win for both sides of the Teams; Schenn and Jake and Berube all eat cereal flakes for breakfast.

Now again does this move the needle at JVR for Johnny G any further?

And if we land Larsson:

Giroux    - Couturier - Tarasenko

Gaudreau  -  Hayes    -    Farabee
Lindblom   -   Frost     -     Konecny
      N.AK   -  Laughton -    Allison

Provorov - Ellis (RH)
Sanheim - Larsson (RH)

Morin - Ghost

York should stay in the AHL to fine tune his game(solidify his top farm player/all situations experience/status) and learn more leadership skills and learn with the new system they have in place as a A-Lister with Lappy.

No need to rush him.

Edited by LegionOfDoom

4 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I know I can’t …. I know I can’t….

I know I’m lazy …I know I’m lazy …

I know I’m dumb …. I know I’m dumb…

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Provorov - Ellis (RH)
Sanheim - Larsson (RH)

Morin - Ghost

So if my math is correct Jake and Hagg gone so add that to the 9.3 mill they have which would be around 19.15 mill.

The trade for Vlad would eat it back to 11.6 mill.

And swap JVR for Gaudreau??? Straight up would be just adding 250 to the 11.6 mill.

And now brings us to 11.9 mill.

So that would then be used to resign Hart and Sanheim and add Larsson at ????

My issue is where is Braun??? Did they trade him and free up the 1.8 mill for him??

I think Chuckles pick up some money or tries to trade Ghost straight up.

Provorov - Ellis (RH)
Sanheim - Larsson (RH)

York - Braun

What about Ghost and a trade back in the first round to free up his 4.5mill??

Keep Braun for one more year or till the dealine and let him and York run the bottom pair and Morin will be the 7th??

So it would give them 16.4 mill to sign Hart, Sanheim, Morin and Larsson with.

And now you find a backup goalie...and...

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And now you find a backup goalie...and...

And there is the kicker…. You need a decent backup and nor AHL fodder. 

going back to a normal season I figure Hart get around 50-55 start and your back up gets 25-30 starts.  Therefore you need a trustworthy backup…. Who is available?  I’ve heard Bernier’s nss as me thrown around…. I might kick the tires on him ….. Anyone else I’m missing??

12 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

And there is the kicker…. You need a decent backup and nor AHL fodder. 

going back to a normal season I figure Hart get around 50-55 start and your back up gets 25-30 starts.  Therefore you need a trustworthy backup…. Who is available?  I’ve heard Bernier’s nss as me thrown around…. I might kick the tires on him ….. Anyone else I’m missing??

Bernier is my target. Clearly he's not simply a system goalie; Detroit didn't have one.

Raanta has been suggested on here. I like him but am scared of his health (I know who I'm talking to).  Rittich?  I guess. I like Bernier.   Halak?  Remier?   After that we're probably looking at a trade.