Tarasenko for Jake rumor

jammer2

5 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Kind of the "I'm the smartest person in the room" syndrome while eating halibut out of a takeout container in the driver seat of a Lumina while running the car in your garage.

This is precisely why I think he's a ...THE .... cancer. He thinks he's the man. He's the talent. All things should revolve around him and how dare a coach call him out.  

He needs to be gone. You can't rebuild, retool or repair, around a pariah

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Having been told that, and somehow he's still a Flyer, I'm not expecting him to do anything beyond show up, work and cash his check.

So, just do the same thing as last season

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Now there was a piece of work…. My daughter’s lizard is smarter than Tibbetts 

Don't let him near the lizard, he can't be trusted to contain himself

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Bernier is my target. Clearly he's not simply a system goalie; Detroit didn't have one.

Raanta has been suggested on here. I like him but am scared of his health (I know who I'm talking to).  Rittich?  I guess. I like Bernier.   Halak?  Remier?   After that we're probably looking at a trade.

Bernier 

Brossoit

Halak

Raanta

Reimer

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah. I think that works.  Pretty much in that order, too, and I'd still be happy if it's Reimer.

Thats about how I would draw up the order also. Perhaps expand the trade with Seattle and get Khokken (sp) from Minnesota for a good young cost efficient back up. Throw in O'Brien and Ratcliffe or something close? 

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2021/07/4-players-seattle-kraken-could-flip-to.html

OK...here is some new speculation!

Seattle might retain some salary to up the return. Question: if Seattle retained half of Tarasenkos salary, about 3.8 mill or so...and took Vorachek back and drafted Hagg, would you pay a 1st and a 3rd? I would have to think long snd hard, cause that moves us right into Hamilton territory, or allows us to sign Hall or another top UFA. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CoachX said:

So, just do the same thing as last season

If he is still on the team, last year will look like a masterson & hart trophy season compared to the the level of ambivalence I'm predicting. 

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2021/07/4-players-seattle-kraken-could-flip-to.html

Seattle might retain some salary to up the return. Question: if Seattle retained half of Tarasenkos salary, about 3.8 mill or so...and took Vorachek back and drafted Hagg, would you pay a 1st and a 3rd? I would have to think long snd hard, cause that moves us right into Hamilton territory, or allows us to sign Hall or another top UFA. 

Yeah retaining some salary is a plus.

How much will certainly depend on the compensation.

I alot of the guys I want will be gone by 13 so I may be inclined to do this.

I will think on it.

I'll leave this here.

Friedman on 31TP says he's heard John Klingberg's name out there a little bit now that they got Heiskanen signed. He's 1-year from UFA, Dallas doesn't think they can sign him.

Discuss.

:PopcornSmiley2:

9 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Seattle might retain some salary to up the return. Question: if Seattle retained half of Tarasenkos salary, about 3.8 mill or so...and took Vorachek back and drafted Hagg, would you pay a 1st and a 3rd?

I really don't see them taking on $3.8 on a one year salary as a big advantage? It's not like we're cupbound this year. Giving up our 1st for that would be insane IMO.

9 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I would have to think long snd hard, cause that moves us right into Hamilton territory, or allows us to sign Hall or another top UFA. 

:whaaa?: 

So we're trying to get rid of overpaid underachievers and you want to sign Hall? I mean I guess he gives us better odds at 1st overall next year, but I was kind of hoping the Flyers would get better.

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I really don't see them taking on $3.8 on a one year salary as a big advantage? It's not like we're cupbound this year. Giving up our 1st for that would be insane IMO.

:whaaa?: 

So we're trying to get rid of overpaid underachievers and you want to sign Hall? I mean I guess he gives us better odds at 1st overall next year, but I was kind of hoping the Flyers would get better.

Just tossing Hall out there because he's listed as one of the top UFAs this year. Halls production, or lack of it are weird. He was much better in Boston but appears not interested at times. Guessing the MVP year was an anomaly although once GMs know its in there...

9 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Just tossing Hall out there because he's listed as one of the top UFAs this year. Halls production, or lack of it are weird. He was much better in Boston but appears not interested at times. Guessing the MVP year was an anomaly although once GMs know its in there...

If guys around here don't like Voracek or JVR they're going to hate Hall. I'd say he's uninterested a lot. Throw in the fact that several of his teammates have come right out and said he wasn't a very good one, big pass!

• Like 1
  • Good Post 3

54 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Sorry hell no to Hall and know his lucky with the #1 it will be the year it is actually #1 the Flyers will have dealt in to Seattle.

Nope find another option.

He hasn't scored more than 11 since 2017-18 since Nick Foles was a Super bowl MVP.

:ToastingSmiley:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

Let's assume for a minute, and say it's true, Tarasenko comes to Philly.  And let's say jake goes for him, and then Sea takes Hagg. What will the defense be like next season? Is Ellis to sole move there? If so:

Provy/Ellis

Saheim/?

Ghost/Braun

I know York and Zamula factor in here (mostly York), so I wonder what the plan is.

Personally, I think another move is coming. I think we see another trade for a d-man. I also see rampant teeth gnashing, hand ringing and ledge jumping by many in our little forum

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

Personally, I think another move is coming. I think we see another trade for a d-man.

Or a guy could be signed. 

Big Bad David Savard is still out there, he projects to be a great partner for Sanhiem. He had many moments playing for Tampa with Sergachev where he looked very good.  Some vs the Islanders where he didn't, but I think that's more a function of the Islanders affect on teams. 

All that's required to get him is $, and not an exorbitant amount either. 

I agree that there are more moves coming, I think Chuck is going to shape the roster to be harder to score and play against. 

It's fun that the Flyers are active in the off-season again. Hopefully it translates into more winning. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sorry hell no to Hall and know his lucky with the #1 it will be the year it is actually #1 the Flyers will have dealt in to Seattle.

Nope find another option.

He hasn't scored more than 11 since 2017-18 since Nick Foles was a Super bowl MVP.

:ToastingSmiley:

So, HALLLLL NO?  😏

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Big Bad David Savard is still out there

Well they need to get a leg up on it since Larsson is off the board and i'm hearing the Panthers are going to make an offer to Seattle to not select Montour so he sounds off the board.

That leaves Savard and Alex Martinez as the las to the options i want for my #4 spot.

There are a few options left like Gudbranson, Stone, Vatanen and Barrie but i don't think those guys are slotted on the second pair or they would be in Philly.

So maybe Chuckles could see what Anaheim would want for Josh Manson with one year left on his deal.

9 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Vince Dunn reported as the Kraken pick from the Blues instead of Taresenko so yeah...... Blues supposedly have multiple offers in place on Taresenko.

I sure hope one of them is for Jake if i had to only pick one more guy i don't want back it would be Jake Voracek.

• Like 2