2021-22 Iowa Wild and Prospects

lynxrattle

7 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Huh, imagine that. A coach that wants his players to have good conditioning and earn a spot on the team...

How about a coach Slouch:

"Keep on eating those pretzels, boys! I don't want you to be able to skate yourselves out of trouble. If you're fat, tired and slow you won't have any other option than to follow my game plan as closely as possible."

And:

"Stop being so brisk! If you are not lazy as hell you'll just skate away from screening the goalie to try something fancy and clever instead of just keeping it simple. Goddamnit. Think of Kessel. We want lazy, fat bums that know how to have a good time with the beer and the pretzels!"

• Haha 1

When you placed this message, I had right away imagination of fat person in training which Emptyshelf  periodically is placing on our threads. I do not remember if any coach in the Wild history officially was telling that he is sending a promising NHLer for reconditioning to ECHL where the level of hockey is much lower. Just imagine that Bruce Boudreau was telling to Ovechkin: "Alex, let's go together to ECHL for reconditioning. You will be in a better shape and fast like a rocket, and I will look nicer to be NHL coach but not like a butter ball".

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

When you placed this message, I had right away imagination of fat person in training which Emptyshelf  periodically is placing on our threads. I do not remember if any coach in the Wild history officially was telling that he is sending a promising NHLer for reconditioning to ECHL where the level of hockey is much lower. Just imagine that Bruce Boudreau was telling to Ovechkin: "Alex, let's go together to ECHL for reconditioning. You will be in a better shape and fast like a rocket, and I will look nicer to be NHL coach but not like a butter ball".

They should make a movie with a scene like that 🤣

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2021 at 11:30 AM, Alexandron said:

Which view (and gender) would you prefer to utilize as a reference in your first sentence?  Feel free..877907366_FatGuywithEgo.jpg.86377a1e8fab051e0115530ad6b33e87.jpg1470107817_FatLadyExercise.jpg.a2ca4b5ed5111f299974a172f491d712.jpg

• Haha 2

On 11/28/2021 at 6:35 PM, Bear said:

Rossi was knocked out of the second period of todays he was picked up and slammed to the ice. No penalty might be the head. 

It seems Rossi is injured. He did not play yesterday against Chicago Wolves, which is the best AHL team in our Central Division, which stays for the best NHL club Carolina Hurricanes. We lost that game with a minimal score 0:2. And we were able to place 30 shots in their net vs their 37 shots in our net. Next 2 games will be against the same team on Saturday and Sunday on our home ice.

Why I put a message about that game for the Iowa Wild team? Because I found 2 well known for our fans names in its game stats. Khovanov was moved from ECHL to AHL Iowa Wild team and played his 1st game there. The other name Lodnia played for the opposite team Chicago Wolves. Actually he already played 2 games for this team. How come Ivan Lodnia(our 3rd round draft; #85 overall, who did not want to go to ECHL club without playing any AHL games in the Iowa Wild team because of our Iowa coach),  found a place in other AHL, but better club Chicago Wolves?

• Like 1

Here are some news from the Iowa Wild team:

In a three-game set against the Chicago Wolves from Thursday, Dec. 2 to Sunday, Dec. 5, the Wild fell to Chicago three times (0:2; 1:2; 0:4). In the most recent matchup, Iowa goaltender Dereck Baribeau recorded a career-high 39 saves. Iowa and Chicago played a physical brand of hockey, combining for 61 penalty minutes on Sunday, Dec. 5. Wild forward Matt Boldy scored his fourth goal in just his sixth game of the season on Saturday, Dec. 4, 2021.

I think it is a time to bring for a tryout Rossi from Iowa to the big club. He has 16 points(4 goals; 12 assists; +/- +4) in 16 games. A point per game.

Khovanov started to play for the Iowa Wild team and recorded his 1st goal in 5 games there .

Mason Shaw was reassigned back to Iowa on Sunday.

Boldy probably is injured again.

Edited by Alexandron

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/down-on-the-farm-world-juniors-121921/c-329132454

Brad Bombardir's views on the six Wild prospects playing in the WJC (hopefully not wrecked by Covid).

I especially liked the views on O'Rourke. Every team could use a stay-at-home + play-at-the-edge + captain-of-his-team defender.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Russia play Switzerland just to see Khusnutdinov play. From what I gathered he's fast, has a good eye for the game and was quite often cautiously hanging back near the blue line in the offensive zone - don't know if that was tactics the Russian coach Sergei Zubov wanted or was it the style that Khusnutdinov always like to play. 1st line center, 1st PP center. One assist (another assist that would not have been an assist except for the scoring skills of Matvei Mishkov)

In this game he reminded me of Koivu's defense, and Granlund's playmaking. In the offense too much passing and tic-tac-for orientation in my mind. We really need Boldy and Beckman to pan out, as we have a load of playmakers already. We'll be able to pass to the scorers, if we ever get them.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Good news bringing more interest to the Iowa Wild team. Eric Staal ( a Triple Gold Club player) is going to be a part of our team in Iowa and also probably will be a part of Olympic Canadian team.

I think it's only as preparation for the Olympics. But who knows, maybe he'll stay there even afterwards.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

I think it's only as preparation for the Olympics. But who knows, maybe he'll stay there even afterwards.

Maybe he will be a Captain of the Olympic Canadian team? I would be willing to have him in Iowa for a  while as an experienced veteran capable to teach our youngsters with a master class in a professional hockey. And maybe he could be in a nearest future head coach in NHL. I am proud that he chose Iowa Wild team. Cost a lot of his attention to our organization.

5 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Maybe he will be a Captain of the Olympic Canadian team? I would be willing to have him in Iowa for a  while as an experienced veteran capable to teach our youngsters with a master class in a professional hockey. And maybe he could be in a nearest future head coach in NHL. I am proud that he chose Iowa Wild team. Cost a lot of his attention to our organization.

I think his home still is in Minnesota and he's made clear he wants to provide stability to his family. He probably wants to show he can still play for Minnesota Wild. We'll see.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I placed this info before in a wrong thread about our Wild prospect Vladislav Firstov:

"Vlad Firstov: 4 game point streak. 9 points in his last 7 games. He's heating up #mnwild".

And I just looked on impressive Rossi stats in his 34 played games so far in Iowa:

36 points (13 goals; 23 assists; +/- +9).

3 hours ago, Alexandron said:

And I just looked on impressive Rossi stats in his 34 played games so far in Iowa:

36 points (13 goals; 23 assists; +/- +9).

Actually Rossi had 2 goals tonight in our 6:1 win against Grand Rapids Griffins and is having now total 14 goals( +/- +10) in 34 played games for Iowa Wild team, which is the most among all players there as well as in points (37). He was a 2nd star of the game tonight. And a 1st star was our defenseman Jake Linhart, who had a goal and 2 assists in that game.

Edited by Alexandron

According to recent news:

"Michael Russo@RussoHockey#mnwild defenseman Calen Addison will be sidelined for a little while with an upper body injury. He collided in overtime two games ago with teammate Mason Shaw. 

Type of injury that just needs a little time hopefully."

"Michael Russo@RussoHockey#mnwild have traded goalie Andrew Hammond to Montreal for left wing Brandon Baddock. 6-3, 26 years old, one NHL game, 44 points, 518 penalty minutes in 228 career AHL contests. Will report to Iowa."

It seems he has a good size(6'3"; 218 lbs); lots of penalty minutes. Probably he could be a reinforcer for the team. 

• 3 weeks later...