2021-22 Iowa Wild and Prospects

lynxrattle

After watching both games against Chicago I came to an opinion that Boldy and Rossi are completely ready for the big club and both could be a real candidates for the Calder trophy at the same year. This will develop a nice competition between them as well as production for entire team and a huge interest to the Wild team as well too.

Beckman is a nice prospect too and could be a Calder trophy candidate for the next season.

• Like 2

Just found out that next season our prospect team is going to play 2 games in Chicago, but in 2023 we will play home 2 games again. And also both teams are going to play soon at Traverse City tournament, which will take place this year. Last year it was canceled because of pandemics. Our team suppose to play 4 games in 6 days there. Of course , always hope for our win and discovering more talents for our team during different tournaments.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Just found out that next season our prospect team is going to play 2 games in Chicago, but in 2023 we will play home 2 games again. And also both teams are going to play soon at Traverse City tournament, which will take place this year. Last year it was canceled because of pandemics. Our team suppose to play 4 games in 6 days there. Of course , always hope for our win and discovering more talents for our team during different tournaments.

Wild and Chicago aren't going to Traverse anymore, they broke off from it and have formed their own prospect showcase for the time being.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lonkkis said:

Wild and Chicago aren't going to Traverse anymore, they broke off from it and have formed their own prospect showcase for the time being.

I found that info from the Wild link(both teams are going to fly to Traverse City tournament). The name of the article Postgame Hat Trick Tom Kurvers Prospect Showcase. Sorry, I am not able to attach the link because of using my old tablet.

Marat Khusnutdinov and Matvei Guskov still playing for the best KHL teams SKA, St. Petersburg and CSKA, Moskow respectively. Both prospects played 7 games there and are having 5 points(1 goal;4 assists) for Marat and 4 points(2 goals;2 assists) for Matvei.

• Like 1

Interesting, I was thinking yesterday to place the question here : Where is Alexander Khovanov? And an hour ago Russo just placed an answer: He is expecting to be at Iowa training camp on October 3, because he was able to get a visa. Exciting good news - team is getting more stronger, talent is coming to it. 

It certainly looks promising right at this moment. Boldy might be ready this season, most opinions on Rossi seem to put him near Boldy's readiness, and then there is the fact that now Kap is playing for us for at least 3 seasons, and the news from the KHL have been as good as we've ever dared to dream. I'm going to try to concentrate on the now. The future might be a Gaborik re-run, but in the next weeks and months we really could be having the pleasure of watching some of the best hockey we've seen the Wild play.

• Like 1

Especially, when most games we are going to play in our toughest NHL division. Playoffs spot will be not an easy one for us in comparison to the last season. Hopefully we will make it and will be able to pass at least 2 rounds with such a promising roster including Kaprizov, Fiala (who said he has a fire in his eyes for this season), Boldy and Rossi.

• Like 1

6-2 loss actually.  I think he's at least a season off, although if Greenway keeps dogging it like he did in this game it might be sooner.  He looks to score and seems to know how to find ways to get himself into position to do so.  He's really made a good initial impression during both of the prospect scrimmages where he was shooting a lot, and again last night.  Will Bitten also got some good praise for his hustle, speed and good work with Beckman.  

The team sent Carson Lambos, Daemon Hunt, Pavel Novak, Kyle Masters and Ryan O'Rourke back to major junior as well as Bryce Misley and some goalie to Iowa.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

Split squad game against Blues last night.  6-1 loss.  Adam Beckman with both goals....Interesting.  We know the kid can score, but how soon could he arrive?

Hopefully, soon. It seems he could be our next candidate for Calder trophy. Dean Evasion was very happy how Beckman played last game and he thinks that our prospect is not only a scorer but has already a real professional NHL mentality. Actually that line Beckman- Giroux - Bitten was very good last night which netted 2 goals in our loss 6:2.

On 9/27/2021 at 12:23 AM, lynxrattle said:

Good for Beckman but otherwise a pretty horrible result 😖

I agree. Beckman was good - 2 nice goals by the help of his line. But otherwise St. Louis was able to put lots of goals (6); 4 unanswered goals in a last 15 minutes of the game; hat trick for James Neal into our net. 😞

Hope tomorrow we will have a better game against Colorado, but the opposite team will be better too.

Edited by Alexandron
  • Like 1

Beckman had another good game.  He had another goal and again looked good on his shifts.  You can even tell when they used him on the 2nd power play unit they were doing all they could to try to set him up to shoot.  Everything I've heard is the team really really likes what he brings to the club.  I guess he's vocal for being a youngster, but in a positive way and even gets the vets to laugh a bit.  Plus I think this club likes his confidence.  I think so far, one could argue he's making the strongest impression of the young players hoping for a spot with the big club.  Even more than Boldy and Rossi who I think were somewhat forgettable in the 1st pre-season game and even Boldy in the 2nd one.  

Duhaime also had some good shifts and I would also consider him a darkhorse to make it and play on the 4th line as an fast energy winger.  

Lizotte and Hicketts looked good, and I think they'll do well in Iowa.  

• Like 2