New Kraken - Carsen Twarynski

Digityman

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

Sorry …. I’m a bit behind In the times…. How good is this Shane Wright kid supposed to be?

From what i have been reading a notch below the kid the Ranjerks just drafted. Alexis Lafreniere.

• Like 1

Just now, radoran said:

The h-e-double-hockey-sticks is it doing in the dining room?

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

The wife always keeps the new bottles in there.

Finished off a bottle of Eagle Rare last night........and it did me in.

Paying for it right now....now somone please find the keys to the beer truck parked on my head and moved it.

Thank you.

:console:

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Already getting their tank game on for Shane Wright in next years draft. It's like they aren't even trying.

I said this in the chatbox and may have said it here as well, but I'll repeat:    Francis is trying.  Francis is incapable.   I liked him as a player, but he is ridiculously in over his head as a GM.

4 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Sorry …. I’m a bit behind In the times…. How good is this Shane Wright kid supposed to be?

He's been the consensus 2022 1st overall pick for about 3 years now. And even better....Zayde Wisdom is his wing man!

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2021 at 9:54 PM, SCFlyguy said:
On 7/21/2021 at 3:14 PM, Podein25 said:

Isn't Ghost at least (more) tradeable? He has a unique skillset, shirley Chuck can find a team that needs/values that, no?

The same Ghost every team in the league passed on 4 months ago for free?

Sure, the line to trade for him will be a mile long.

This team is going to suck.  If they don't outright suck, they are going to make the playoffs and lose in the first or second round.

We've seen this story before.

Just reposting this because rarely does one get vindicated so completely and immediately.

Not only did chuck not get anything for this loser, he had to give up a 2nd and a 7th to get rid of him!!!  Lol.

Flyers fans need to stop drinking the koolaid.  Our players aren't any good.

51 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Just reposting this because rarely does one get vindicated so completely and immediately.

Not only did chuck not get anything for this loser, he had to give up a 2nd and a 7th to get rid of him!!!  Lol.

Edited by Podein25

Worst case scenario you can pick up 2 mill of Jake's salary to trade him if that doesn't work then just prepare for another year with Jake and JVR floating it wasn't like they were going to win the Cup if they were gone it will just take longer to rebuild this thing.

At least they free up Ghost 4.5 mill that can be used to sign a #4 defenseman.

Not all is lost the team is slowly turning. I get it not as fast as we like. But in the flat cap world this is to be expected and many of us knew this we were just holding out hope there would be a way.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Besides the fact I am pissed Jake’s not gone yet, now I’m worried about who the backup to Hart is going to be. :bonkingheadonwall:

Prolly someone with undiagnosed vertigo or some sh!t.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Besides the fact I am pissed Jake’s not gone yet, now I’m worried about who the backup to Hart is going to be. :bonkingheadonwall:

TRUST THE PROCESS

then....

:bonkingheadonwall:

• Uggh... 1

On 7/21/2021 at 9:54 PM, SCFlyguy said:

The same Ghost every team in the league passed on 4 months ago for free?

Sure, the line to trade for him will be a mile long.

This team is going to suck.  If they don't outright suck, they are going to make the playoffs and lose in the first or second round.

We've seen this story before.

Do you still believe this with the current roster?

On 7/22/2021 at 10:08 PM, SCFlyguy said:

You have a point.  Homer syndrome is real.   

I do think that if the cap was rising (no pandemic) Ghost would fetch at least a draft pick.   It wasn't the player/skill that was the issue.  It was the salary that came with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Digityman said:

Do you still believe this with the current roster?

I don't see this team getting out of the second round even under the best of circumstances.

Imo their ceiling is making the playoffs and maybe wining one round.  That would require a number of things to go right, including Hart returning to at least his 19-20 form.

On 7/22/2021 at 8:46 AM, CoachX said:

Sure, I get you. He looks "promising". He had a good year. Probably highlighted by the fct that so many others had an awful year. But recently the Flyers have had a lot of guys have "good" years, shortly followed by crap years (TK, this means YOU). So I'm not really that invested in him, or any other player.

The Flyers are alot like the Eagles these days. Rooting for the team is the norm because Ive always done so. But the individual player that makes you more invested, becasue of their greatness, seems to be non existent. I can't think of a potential HOF player on the Flyers, Eagles or Philies. I don't care about the Sixers, so it doesn't matter anyway

In those down years where your favorite team is not playing at a high level, its nice to root for your hero. The days of Tocchet, Lindros, Clarke, etc. , seem to be over. It has been replaced by a group of "promising", or good "200 foot" players who seem to really shine when they get traded to another team

So, for me, I don't care who they move, trade or buy out. I just want them to get better so they are more fun to watch

Caveat... I would watch if Morin was playing. He actually has the ability to do something interesting every night by beating someone up

Finally found SOMEBODY that has the same feelings about watching Philly sports these days.   I almost don't care how successful they are - I just wanna see some actual top level, dare I say "elite", playing in town.  A generational player would be nice to see before I die.  I really thought Lindros was gonna be that guy but alas...

The only thing you said I disagree with is your last sentence about Morin.  I watched him for three years down in Allerntown.  He wasn't even a good AHL level defenseman.  Too slow and lacking in hockey sense.  I don't recall him ever starting a fight to get his team out of a funk or to defend a teammate.  Guys like Bardreau and Martel were the ones to stir the pot.  Big guy/little skill.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Poconono said:

The only thing you said I disagree with is your last sentence about Morin.  I watched him for three years down in Allerntown.  He wasn't even a good AHL level defenseman.  Too slow and lacking in hockey sense.  I don't recall him ever starting a fight to get his team out of a funk or to defend a teammate.  Guys like Bardreau and Martel were the ones to stir the pot.  Big guy/little skill.

Well, his statements after he re-signed, suggest he is ready to step up and be that player. If not, good riddance to you too

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Well, his statements after he re-signed, suggest he is ready to step up and be that player. If not, good riddance to you too

I still believe in the kid. I think he'll get a chance soon.

• Like 1