Ristolainen to Flyers

9 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

who do you prefer? dougie wasnt coming here, jones wasnt coming here, there's no other options, the other option is run it back and B### about this team again next year.

You NEVER make a move for the sake of making a move. In this case, it's a bad move made even worse by a GM that panicked. The Flyers paid less for Ellis than they did Ristolainen. Let that sink in for a moment. To add to it, they acquired a defenseman who was even worse than a defenseman they got rid of in Gostisbehere. Schmuck Flechered the Flyers with this deal.  Awful, awful, awful. And to think, they still have to make moves to clear salary. Just watch how much of a gape Schmuck takes moving JVR and Voracek......

21 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

who do you prefer? dougie wasnt coming here, jones wasnt coming here, there's no other options, the other option is run it back and B### about this team again next year.

Well, for starters, Montour is WAY better than Risto, as is Savard and they are UFAs...only cap hit. 

• Like 2

Just now, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

You NEVER make a move for the sake of making a move. In this case, it's a bad move made even worse by a GM that panicked. The Flyers paid less for Ellis than they did Ristolainen. Let that sink in for a moment. To add to it, they acquired a defenseman who was even worse than a defenseman they got rid of in Gostisbehere. Schmuck Flechered the Flyers with this deal.  Awful, awful, awful. And to think, they still have to make moves to clear salary. Just watch how much of a gape Schmuck takes moving JVR and Voracek......

Frost will be one of the pieces used to dump Jake, and are there actually and FA goal scorers worth signing? We already gave a first and two seconds plus Meyers. Suddenly we don’t have so many assets. Next year is when the big name FAs are actually available.

There was two different scouts on the radio this morning up here. Both said don't be surprised if you see some 1st round picks being moved. Because of not playing last year, this years draft is a toss up.  A lot of teams feel they can get the player they want in the later rounds. I don't see the first being traded this year as that big of deal. I was actually hoping they were going to move it. Most have Power as being number 1 yet I have seen two other scouting reports that have him ranked low as 7th. That's the type of draft this is.  The Flyer's just traded for a former top 10 draft pick with a huge up side. The guy fills a need. Right shot and plays tough. Those guys don't come cheap. The knock on the Flyers D last year was how soft they were. They have filled that need in the last week. Now just think of what Columbus was asking for Jones.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

We sent out Patrick, Myers,Ghost, Hagg, a 1st, 2 2nds, a 7th AND lost 3 mill in cap space for Ellis and Risto. Plus, 1 long term deal in Ellis and a 1 year deal for 5.5 that will be extended due to the price that was paid. Seeing this **** show Risto will get 7 years at 7 mill per...pffft...we are ****ed!!

Edited by jammer2
  • Like 1

Do I have this right?

1st, 2nd and 3rd to get rid of Ghost and pick up Risto. 30-yr old Ellis with 6x 6.25M for Myers @ 2×2.55 and losing Patrick as well. At best Philly is expending assets just to tread water.

• Uggh... 2

4 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Well, for starters, Montour is WAY better than Risto, as is Savard and they are UFAs...only cap hit. 

And those are the type of guys they needed, someone good in their own end to pair with Travis so he could concentrate on adding some offense.

I don't know WTF else to say except I need a drink..

1 minute ago, JR Ewing said:

Do I have this right?

1st, 2nd and 3rd to get rid of Ghost and pick up Risto. 30-yr old Ellis with 6x 6.25M for Myers @ 2×2.55 and losing Patrick as well. At best Philly is expending assets just to tread water.

They lost Myers who is 6.5' but plays like he's 5.6' and has some of the worst hockey sense I've seen. The game is to quick for him. There's a reason he went undrafted. As for Patrick. Can anyone actually be mad they got rid of Patrick.  The guy plays scared on the ice.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Do I have this right?

Its truly disgusting. After signing this BUM to a long term deal, we can forget about having the 7 or 8 mill Coots will need. Cue up the funeral March...

I truly believe Risto is one of the worst d men in the league. Myers has a WAY higher hockey IQ. ..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, albertaflyer said:

They lost Myers who is 6.5' but plays like he's 5.6' and has some of the worst hockey sense I've seen. The game is to quick for him. There's a reason he went undrafted. As for Patrick. Can anyone actually be mad they got rid of Patrick.  The guy plays scared on the ice.

I really thought the Ellis deal was one of the best deals in recent Flyer memory.

This one in combination with the Gotstobethere one is among the worst in franchise history.

Hagg, Ghost, 1 1st, 2 2nds, and a 7th for Ristolainen? Seriously?

And I like Ristolainen more than most around here...

• Good Post 1

1 minute ago, jammer2 said:

Its truly disgusting. After signing this BUM to a long term deal, we can forget about having the 7 or 8 mill Coots will need. Cue up the funeral March...

I truly believe Risto is one of the worst d men in the league. Myers has a WAY higher hockey IQ. ..

All this is for nothing ,unless we address the lack of leadership size and grit on the wings and get a goal scorer. On top of that we are stuck with three huge contracts and soon to be four when we re-sign Coots. 

1 hour ago, Digityman said:

It is a lot but if they can sign him for a decent contract the defense is set for a while.   Now need to work on a top six shoot first guy.  

Dude must be overjoyed to be out of buffalo

The only problem with this is that his defense blows.   Omg, I hate this trade.

Just now, jammer2 said:

Brad Marsh >>>>Risto. He couldn't move well, but he thought the game well. Risto has NOTHING between the ears!!

No, but he has ears between his a## cheeks, so that's something, right?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Do I have this right?

You’re missing the 7th round pick that went with Ghost.  That makes it look so much better, eh?

The ONLY part of this trade that I like is that someone is currently spitting halibut on the windshield and steering wheel of his Lumina and further staining his picture of Ryan Miller.  

I don't know who, but someone is.

• Haha 2