Ristolainen to Flyers

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Right now, thousands of people in Minneapolis are laughing their a##e# off.

Yeah, I mean, ol' Fletch went out and did this and Ryan Suter is just sitting there without a 4 year deal at $6M per...

The horror. The horror.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Frost will be one of the pieces used to dump Jake, and are there actually and FA goal scorers worth signing?

That would pretty much guarantee Frost turning into a star.

42 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

We already gave a first and two seconds plus Meyers. Suddenly we don’t have so many assets. Next year is when the big name FAs are actually available.

Don't worry about not having many...soon we won't have any.

As for FAs...can't wait to sign the next guy who's been benched by his last 2 teams and who says he won't play for the Flyers unless they overpay him.

Some of the comments on hockeybuzz

Kevin Adams = assassin 

Sabres fan: The stench of losing just came off our franchise!

Yzerman just paid #52 for Leddy, who is better

Sad day to be a Flyers fan. I hang my head in shame!!

• Like 2

I need to cry but something to watch will i do so. And drink.

I can see they want the snarl already there. I get it. This kid moves well.

But i just don't know with Sanheim though.

I am going to be so upset when i see who goes 13th or who could have.

:BrownBag:

• Like 1

I wonder if our management team is deluded about the farm or prospects in hand.  Do they think we don't need more?  Are they scared after Patrick, Rubstov, and Morin?  Yikes, this one is hard to understand.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

We sent out Patrick, Myers,Ghost, Hagg, a 1st, 2 2nds, a 7th AND lost 3 mill in cap space for Ellis and Risto. Plus, 1 long term deal in Ellis and a 1 year deal for 5.5 that will be extended due to the price that was paid. Seeing this **** show Risto will get 7 years at 7 mill per...pffft...we are ****ed!!

Exactly AND Jake the Snake and JVR are STILL on this bloody team!

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

At best Philly is expending assets just to tread water.

that's not that reassuring ....... but you are not wrong either .....

Edited by pilldoc

okay a bit of devils advocate.

Hagg a former second rounder in the equivalant of three full seasons averaged 4 goals and 15 total points with no upside. He plateaued and he is what he is, a third pair stay at home guy and a decent penalty killer, not great, just decent.

Ristolainen while his offense has stalled averages 8 goals and 34 points and loves to hit and block shots. His awful, simply dreadful plus/minus for most of his career could be because of his awful/dreadful team for whom he has played.

I would feel a lot better about this if the return was a 2nd in 2022 or a little better if the return was this years first, but not both, the picks seem a bit much together, maybe if you had conviced Buffalo to take Voracek off your hands in excahnge for the picks too it would make more sense. I dont personally consider Hagg much of a futurebut a first and a second most certainly are. Still Ellis is better than Ghost, Risto is better than Hagg so short term the Flyers are improved on the back end it all comes down to the overall cost as far as what  Buffalo does with the picks. A saving grace is it is Buffalo so they are bound to screw it up anyway.....

• Like 2

This says it all ........

https://dobberhockey.com/2021/07/23/fantasy-take-ristolainen-somehow-traded-to-philadelphia/ 

Rasmus Ristolainen is truly one of the few remaining divides in the online hockey community. A lot of 200 Hockey Men proponents see a big body playing 22-25 minutes a night and think he's an absolute lock to be a fringe top-pair guy. People who are more into underlying numbers have seen Ristolainen drown in the deep end for years and are wondering what everyone else sees. Below is his entire career by offensive and defensive impacts. Offence is the top row and defence is the bottom row. Having positive numbers in the top row is good – it indicates a positive offensive impact – and having negative numbers on the bottom row is also good – it indicates you're below the league average for shot rates/quality allowed. So, red on the top row is good, and blue on the bottom row is good. Got it? (from HockeyViz):

image.png.728025ab497afd308564dc4be7963cfa.png

There are 16 individual tiles, and only one is a positive impact at either end (offensively in 2016-17). He has been atrocious almost his entire career. I will say that his latest years show some improvement on his right side specifically, so maybe there’s *something* there defensively. But he’s still a black hole offensively so even getting some defensive value out of him isn’t enough to balance it out.

Before anyone says, "well, yeah, Buffalo has been awful the entire time," that is true. But these measurements also take line mate and opponents into context, which is why Rasmus Dahlin has a positive offensive impact in 2/3 seasons and yet Ristolainen in only 1/8; Dahlin is good and Risto is not.

The other side of the coin is whether he can turn his career around in his new environment. He will be going to learn under Michel Therrien and Alain Vigneault. Call me skeptical.

Either way, in real life, this is a massive loss for the Flyers, and in fantasy, this appears to be a loss for Ristolainen owners. I suppose, on the upside, if Philly's goaltending rights itself, the days of Ristolainen going minus-30 or minus-40 in a season and thus murdering his fantasy value are over with.

On the flip side, this is great news for Dahlin owners. I mean, it could be some tough sledding for a few years until they fully re-tool, but Dahlin his now the lock on the top PP unit, whereas Ristolainen had been eating into his minutes at times

Bottom line ....this totally blows ......

Not even gonna watch the draft tonight ...who the eff cares ...apparently not the Flyers FO.

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1