Jake Voracek is GONE!!!!!!

Just now, Samifan said:

Just did a lap driving around my neighborhood honking my horn. Neighbor said you were pissed at the Flyers yesterday and now your happy? 

I said yep, being schizophrenic is a required trait to be a Flyers fan. I then explained the Flyers just dumped the biggest POS on their roster. 

Calm down, Sir, or we’re going to have to ask you to leave! 🤣

• Haha 1

atkinson  little player but sneaky goal scorer who in spite of his size plays in all situations. fearless in front of net fantastic burst p n breakaway not afraid to play against bigger players but gets pushed about. biggest weakness is he is a lousy passer thus his shoot first mentality. fun to watch gonna be missed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Now, let's sign Tarasenko.

No need now and no room at RW.

Now resign Sanheim for somewhere between what Carlo got (4.1 mill) and what Jones got (9.5 mill) good luck with guessing that.

And then let's give Hart a nice bridge deal.

And then see what is left...

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, CoachX said:

WAIT! Is Fletcher no longer suk?  Do we like him again and are experiencing happy times?

Im very confused

Happy day.

I hate Fletcher.  

But this one he pulled off is a head scratcher.  I'm sure my hatred of Voracek biases my opinion on this a bit (not to mention that I really like the idea of two Cams on a hockey team), but the fact Columbus took on cap and age in what is presumably a rebuild without getting a pick out of the Pickman, that's simply astounding to me.

Gotta give Chuckles an attaboy on this one.

• Like 4

Let me explain...no. there is too much...let me sum up

Flet h trades for Ellis, this is good. he trades for Risto, this is bad. He trades Joke for Cam, this is good

If Fletch knew, prior to all of us melting down, that he had the Voracek trade in place, and that the cost for Risto would be picks he didn't need for the Voracek trade, is this good?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes. 12.4 mill of cap space last I looked.

a real sneaky move could be trading Giroux at the deadline for a high pick in next year's draft

• Good Post 1

19 minutes ago, CoachX said:

a real sneaky move could be trading Giroux at the deadline for a high pick in next year's draft

We'll see they could pivot like I said several times and trade Coots and Giorux and who knows JVR with one year left and even Risto if it doesn't work out.

A lot is riding on this year.

JVR will do nicely on the 3rd line, especially with young talent pushing to take his spot. Coots isnt going anywhere. I see him as the next captain and team leader.  Giroux? Thanks for your service, go have a chance to win a cup

An observation on Atkinson: if you want to convince players to come to Philly, a la the “Philly isn’t a free agent destination” argument, let Cam Atkinson be your pitch man. He couldn’t sound more excited and seems really invested in what the #Flyers are doing. #FlyersTalk