Jake Voracek is GONE!!!!!!

Generally, a plus. We get more cap and a pesky player who has scoring touch. He seems enthused about Philly. He played with Kevin Hayes in college. And he has been part of the leadership in CBJ, just as Ellis was in Music City. All in, pretty good. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

He played with Kevin Hayes in college.

I had completely forgot about that.

He played with Kevin's brother Jimmy more Kevin came around Atkinson's last year if i remember before Johnny Hockey...Cam was a better goal scorer than even Johnny. Cam scored back to back 30 goal seasons  JG only put up 30 his last year.

Before i forgot about the Hayes school dayz moments...

:PopcornSmiley2:

Raise your hand if;

You can’t wait for the first time Jake turns the puck over to a Flyer after dancing into the zone.

You can’t wait to see Jake make tape to tape passes to Coots, G and Ellis.

one flew over the cuckoo's nest yes GIF

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Raise your hand if;

You can’t wait for the first time Jake turns the puck over to a Flyer after dancing into the zone.

You can’t wait to see Jake make tape to tape passes to Coots, G and Ellis.

one flew over the cuckoo's nest yes GIF

Don’t any of you F’ in maniacs wanna watch the World Series…

31 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Amen. I am.

Should be a good one.

Just watching Atkinson dangling and scoring like that is a far cry from Jake coming down the wing and being stopped dead at the blue line or watching him  hold the puck way too long,skate it all the way in to the end boards ,only to be rubbed out behind the net. Thank god that goofy looking bastard is gone. He looks like Grittys homeless older brother .

• Like 1
  • Good Post 3

I would say it was a hate/hate relationship! 

Maybe if you shot the puck after the 10th or 11th time you heard the fans yelling it wouldn’t ever have gotten to 17. 

Enjoy blocking the Bluejackets fan base on Twitter Jake. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Maybe if you shot the puck after the 10th or 11th time you heard the fans yelling it wouldn’t ever have gotten to 17. 

That big goofy bastard just don't get it....ah fcuk it thank God it's over.

Not sure where they are headed but at least they changed some of the deck chairs.

I kind of hope they're not done...does that make me a sick bastard??

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Generally, a plus. We get more cap and a pesky player who has scoring touch

That sums it up for me too. I like losing JV's contract and I guess this is the best CF could do. I'd like it a lot more if the Flyers were getting back a younger player (by about 10 years). Hopefully Atkinson finds that scoring touch he had a few years ago...

3 hours ago, FD19372 said:

So, can we now ...or during the season, swing a Claude Giroux for Cole Caufield and something else trade?

If we had Cole Caufield (Fletcher passed on him, Peyton Krebs AND  Alex Newhook. At least he took York and didn't just walk up to the Podium and say "With our 1st pick in the 2019 NHL draft the Philadelphia Flyers pick...who ya got from Minnesota that's draft eligible?)  I'm pretty sure Fletcher could turn him and our 2022 1st into the rights for Neal Broten.

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

That sums it up for me too. I like losing JV's contract and I guess this is the best least worst CF could do. I'd like it a lot more if the Flyers were getting back a younger player (by about 10 years). Hopefully Atkinson finds that scoring touch he had a few years ago...

FIFY

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Amen. I am.

Should be a good one.

Lol...Amen I am (shows highlights from 3 years ago) 

I hope he's still got something. Not looking forward to any of Fletchers big acquisitions (Hayes/Risto/Atkinson/Ellis) as their contracts near their end. I think the Flyers will be better next season, I just don't see a cup calibre team going forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samifan said:

It was a love hate, we loved to hate him.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CoachX said:

curious, did you have a player/trade in mind?

I didn't have a specific name in mind, no.  But intuitively, something tells me that a contending team would perhaps be willing to pay more to land Jake... Despite all our aversion for him - albeit a deserve done - he still has quite a bit to offer.  I don't know... but getting our second draft pick back, which we gave up to get freaking Ristolainen, would be nice.

Edited by Mad Dog

36 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Lol...Amen I am (shows highlights from 3 years ago) 

I hope he's still got something. Not looking forward to any of Fletchers big acquisitions (Hayes/Risto/Atkinson/Ellis) as their contracts near their end. I think the Flyers will be better next season, I just don't see a cup calibre team going forward.

Just try to enjoy today.

Just today.

Nothing else matters right.

But.

Here.

Now.

• Like 1

Atkinson still is an excellent player, a playoffs player, and if there's any locker room problems left after you got rid of Voracek, I'll bet he will confront those players head on. Fletcher totally surprised me with this trade!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Atkinson still is an excellent player, a playoffs player, and if there's any locker room problems left after you got rid of Voracek, I'll bet he will confront those players head on. Fletcher totally surprised me with this trade!

I hope you are right

5 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

I hope you are right

He is right, Atkinson plays the entire rink and plays with an attitude and chip on his shoulder. Jake played like it was a part time job, and only played half of the rink...and acted mentally disengaged on a lot of his shifts. Let the Flake block on us Twitter. Who cares?

• Like 2