Jake Voracek is GONE!!!!!!

17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

This is a play i like by him back when he had some of his best play playing with Jake McCabe.

I hope they can utilize him if not then yes a waste of picks...because he can walk after this year.

Yeah, apparently...Risto had improved stats for a 10 game stretch when he was partnered with McCabe. Then McCabe got hurt and it all went to ****. That at least gives a bit of hope that the right partner can help. Still, colour me skeptical. 

I favour the eye test over analytics ...but it is nice to a numerical value to compare with others. He failed the eye test miserably though. 

Logic and history say he is what he is...players don't magically change their stripes entering their 9th season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm not saying he has had his share of bad plays i haven't watch alot of Sabre games but there is a lot in his game that i like 4 straight 40 point games

😳 

Damn, I didn't realize he was THAT good...we got a gud'en!!! 

:DancingGrape::DancingGrape::DancingGrape::DancingGrape:

I'm not saying he has had his share of bad plays i haven't watch alot of Sabre games but there is a lot in his game that i like 4 straight 40 point games

😳 

Edited by Cheesesteak
Delete.

😳 

Edited by Cheesesteak
Delete

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

Posters on another site are flat out refusing to call him "Risto" and instead have turned to "Risky"....which is pretty funny. 

Oh yeah it is risky as hell but it seems Chuckles is a desperate man.

Nothing we can do about it now.

Worst case it bombs and maybe they can trade him for a 2nd before the deadline.

Sorry best I cab offer you.

As I said nothing we do about it now expect for maybe once that this trade turns out to be a gem.

Otherwise we know....

All you advanced hockey scholars, and I dont mean that in a snarky way, have much more knowledge than I on all these in depth stats. I dont know if the guy sucks ass or is a by product of the only AHL team actively playing in the NHL. But he appears to be infected with a heavy dose of nasty. If Morin can play well enough to be a regular, we could have some serious anger issues in front of Hart

Maybe that's what the Flyers want

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CoachX said:

or is a by product of the only AHL team actively playing in the NHL

he can't be a by-product of the Flyers; he hasn't played a game yet.   Let's circle back in February and decide what he looks like on our AHL team.

On 7/26/2021 at 10:55 AM, mojo1917 said:

It seems that many are taking the opposing view, and are in the process of allowing the worst case scenario in every instance to shape their attitude towards the players and team.

Including, it would appear, the GM.

This is now a radically different squad than the one with the "pandemic" problem.

It needed to happen and has and is.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

I'm seeing a lot of fawning from the Flyers over their 10 year player Voracek.

What's your favorite Voracek memory as a Flyer?

I honest to God don't know that I have one.

By all accounts he's a good guy. I just don't immediately recall the defining thing that he did.

Anyone?

25 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Only time he ever blocked something in his life.

Funny thing is I never tweeted about him or mentioned him in a tweet. Apparently I liked a negative tweet about him in 2019 and he blocked me. Didn’t realize it for almost a year.

Honored to be a member of the blocked by Jake club. Good riddance. I hope Yandle asks to wear 93 to help us forget him.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 8:30 PM, OccamsRazor said:

But he owes Carter Hart...

I find it funny that it's Meyer's that he blows by on the outside.  Meyer's barely lays a body on him to allow a HUGE man to drive the Flyers franchise goalie.  That there is some funny sh!t.

• Uggh... 1

On 7/26/2021 at 5:44 PM, flyercanuck said:
On 7/26/2021 at 11:30 AM, OccamsRazor said:

A decade plus of futility will do that to a person...which explains how a guy like Risto must feel as a player.

Ever think part of the reason Buffalo sucked was

I couldn't imagine playing on a team that was probably the worst in the past decade.  Night after night of just knowing you are going to suck.  What's the point of giving it your all?  You aren't going to make the playoffs.   Would you put in the extra effort?    

Imagine playing for 5(?) coaches in 8 years?   5 different systems.  5 different expectations.   8 years of not making the playoffs and having the chance to play for the one thing you dreamt of your whole life?  

Jesus.  Advanced stats are real but they can be flawed in some areas.  Compete level and just down right depression can not be accounted for.  

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

12 hours ago, radoran said:

Including, it would appear, the GM.

This is now a radically different squad than the one with the "pandemic" problem.

It needed to happen and has and is.

I don't think learning from mistakes is a bad thing.

He got burnt by Patrick, Myers and Lindblom not continuing to improve and from a passive leadership group last season. 

The mix of players wasn't right last year and he has made the changes. I'm glad he has/is.

Guys seem so certain that the players' outlier bad year is a trend and not a data point, I felt I needed to speak to it. 

The way I've been asked if I "think this team is capable of winning anything" was certainly a catalyst for what I was saying there. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

31 minutes ago, Digityman said:

I couldn't imagine playing on a team that was probably the worst in the past decade.  Night after night of just knowing you are going to suck.  What's the point of giving it your all?  You aren't going to make the playoffs.   Would you put in the extra effort?    

Are you talking about Ristolainen or the Flyers?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Guys seem so certain that the players' outlier bad year is a trend and not a data point, I felt I needed to speak to it. 

There are folks who are saying that, but I don't think I'm one of them (and you tagged me and me, er, rux).

For example, I don't think TK (who was "on pace" for 18/55 in a "down" year) has irredeemably regressed.

Like many, I wasn't terribly interested in watching the same roster with "tweaks" take another swing. They're altered the foundation and, if nothing else, are a more interesting team than they were a when the season ended.

11 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

He got burnt by Patrick, Myers and Lindblom not continuing to improve

IMO relying/counting on guys coming off some significant injury issues (Patrick, Lindblom) has some inherent risks, especially for a team in continual "win now" mode. And while I do think Oskar is a tremendous story, his place could be usurped by some of the other young talent bubbling up.

• Like 3

@radoran

I didn't tag anyone in that post. 

Maybe I shouldn't have started it with "Also" though.

Being the creator of that content I can definitely say my intentions were to speak to anyone and everyone.

There were no specific targets.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Digityman said:

I find it funny that it's Meyer's that he blows by on the outside.  Meyer's barely lays a body on him to allow a HUGE man to drive the Flyers franchise goalie.  That there is some funny sh!t.

I'm actually not Myers stopped using his speed then seemed to always wait to late to flip his hips and guys just always zoom right by him because he always got caught flat footed. I mean dude regressed big time. And just stopped being physical at all.

And we'll spelled the end of him here.

3 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@radoran

I didn't tag anyone in that post. 

Maybe I shouldn't have started it with "Also" though.

Being the creator of that content I can definitely say my intentions were to speak to anyone and everyone.

There were no specific targets.  

Apologies as needed. I may have been conflating posts. There are a lot out there for the last week in July.

As always, I very much appreciate your perspective and generally enjoy the back-and-forth.

• Thanks 1