Yandle signs with Flyers

Samifan

Anyone comparing Yandle to Ghost has to be drunk. One has a fantastic career stat sheet and was for a long time considered among the top ten dmen in the league, the other had a couple reasonable seasons and was borderline ineffective at his role the rest of the time. Yandle is older of course, and we shouldn't expect a peak version of him, but even a lesser version of Yandle should absolutely be better than what we got out of Ghost for about 80% of his time in PHI.

I like the Yandle signing. There's really no downside to it. The way things stand, he's virtually guaranteed to be a better blueliner even at his age than Risto, Braun, or Morin, and he may even be better than Sanheim in most situations. All for a low price and no real commitment. What's not to like about that?

He also brings in more experience and the possibility of playing a mentor role, which I do think is more important than we might understand it to be a lot of the time.

Edited by elmatus
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 3

2 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Anyone comparing Yandle to Ghost has to be drunk. One has a fantastic career stat sheet and was for a long time considered among the top ten dmen in the league, the other had a couple reasonable seasons and was borderline ineffective at his role the rest of the time. Yandle is older of course, and we shouldn't expect a peak version of him, but even a lesser version of Yandle should absolutely be better than what we got out of Ghost for about 80% of his time in PHI.

I like the Yandle signing. There's really no downside to it. The way things stand, he's virtually guaranteed to be a better blueliner even at his age than Risto, Braun, or Morin, and he may even be better than Sanheim in most situations. All for a low price and no real commitment. What's not to like about that?

He also brings in more experience and the possibility of playing a mentor role, which I do think is more important than we might understand it to be a lot of the time.

Stop makin sense! 😂

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Good post.

Yeah, I can't claim to be a Yandle fan, but there's really not anything to dislike about the signing.   I mean, the minute York is ready I kind of want him in there, so that's my only slight concern.   But if it doesn't have to be Yandle vs. York, then that isn't even a concern.   

Now, I wish we could change all of them to Lindstrom and Bourque for when Jones is in the net, but that's another topic altogether.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The  best thing about signing one of the worst defensive defencemen in the league is that it'll keep York in the AHL at least until they start benching Yandle. 

I don't think it'll hurt York one bit getting top minutes there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Good post.

Yeah, I can't claim to be a Yandle fan, but there's really not anything to dislike about the signing.   I mean, the minute York is ready I kind of want him in there, so that's my only slight concern.   But if it doesn't have to be Yandle vs. York, then that isn't even a concern.   

Now, I wish we could change all of them to Lindstrom and Bourque for when Jones is in the net, but that's another topic altogether.

If York somehow made his way into the lineup, it would probably be to take minutes from Braun or Morin over Yandle. I’m not convinced York will play much in the NHL this season though. 

• Uggh... 1

50 minutes ago, elmatus said:

If York somehow made his way into the lineup, it would probably be to take minutes from Braun or Morin over Yandle. I’m not convinced York will play much in the NHL this season though. 

And not just to you but anyone and that would be a bad thing with York he is only 20.

So with the right chance to develop I can see Cal Makar like play in his game from other footage not just his Flyer games.

Let him percolate...

• Like 1