Can/Will Ovie pass Gretzky in All Time Goals?

I was a couple days ago for the 1st time in 25 years at our local well known restaurant "Moscow on the Hill" to celebrate my 60 y.o. birthday. All food was delicious. When I talked to the waitress, he mentioned to me that Ovechkin is always taking a dinner around 1 p.m. at this restaurant before the game when he comes here to play against the Wild team. That waitress served him already 3-4 times except last season, but Ovie is eating there for more than a decade and orders exclusively the same food - Siberian dumplings and Beef Stroganoff with rice. He also showed me pictures taking together with Ovechkin.  Interesting, that our employee at the hospital has a cousin who works as a chef (the chief cook) at this restaurant and he also took pictures with Ovechkin and other Capitals players. Another interesting fact, when Ovechkin played after dinner against the Wild team in Minnesota he usually had hat tricks or multipoint games. Was a tasty food factor affecting on his hat tricks production in Minnesota too?😀

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It should also make FHL like NAHANA more interesting ......  I just hope there are fewer games cancelled / rescheduled due to COVID issues.  That was a royal mess last year ......

I'm just happy to see the NHL back to a full schedule AND teams playing everyone. Those same seven teams everyone played all year last season simply got stale about halfway through.

The Kraken don't appear to really affect things that way - they basically even out the divisions with eight teams in each.    

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Alexandron said:

After reading this thread again I have a question. How many games we are going to have per season after adding a new team Kraken? Probably, more than 82. If more, then Ovechkin will receive more chances to reach his goal. I am sure he wants to overpass Gretzky's record, which no one will pass him after.

The Kraken don't appear to really affect things that way - they basically even out the divisions with eight teams in each.

For the 2021–22 season the NHL regular season formula was adjusted to account for the addition of the Seattle Kraken. Each team plays either three or four games against the other teams in its division (a total of 26 games) as well as playing all non-divisional teams in their own conference thrice (24 games). The remaining games of the season are inter-conference play (32 games), allowing every team in the league to play every other team twice. The schedule is structured so that every NHL team plays in every arena at least once per season.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, radoran said:

I'm just happy to see the NHL back to a full schedule AND teams playing everyone.
Those same seven teams everyone played all year last season simply got stale about halfway through.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I'm just happy to see the NHL back to a full schedule AND teams playing everyone.
Those same seven teams everyone played all year last season simply got stale about halfway through.

It should also make FHL like NAHANA more interesting ......  I just hope there are fewer games cancelled / rescheduled due to COVID issues.  That was a royal mess last year ......

• Like 3