Jacques Lemaire

bbgarnett

Lemaire tells it like it is. lol

Maybe there wasn't much scoring in the Dead Puck era, but there was lots of action and guys had to keep their head up.

I'm not sure if this series against Vancouver was before eliminating the Avs, which then led Roy to retire.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fixxer said:

Lemaire tells it like it is. lol

Maybe there wasn't much scoring in the Dead Puck era, but there was lots of action and guys had to keep their head up.

I'm not sure if this series against Vancouver was before eliminating the Avs, which then led Roy to retire.

After so we were down 3-1 to the Avs and won and then again 3-1 to Vancouver and won this series too. Don't want to talk about the Ducks series LOL.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Icechipper said:

Nobody handled a press conference like Lemaire. He had a gift for stating the obvious: "They had the puck and we were chasing. And more of their shots went in....."

I do miss his press conferences. Simple and to the point 

• Like 3

Simple answers aside, as a coach he acted primarily as a teacher, of defensive positioning, tactics, time management and puck possession.

He also preached what I used to ask youth players, such as "Why do you work so hard to win the puck, if you're only going to turn it over...?"

• 2 weeks later...

Give me...a break!!  

Seriously though, his comment about sitting a guy after so many mistakes is exactly how I often feel as HS coach.  I'm not sure if parents understand that, but often the mistakes we see at games are the same thing we were talking those kids about at practice, in film, etc.  So its either a lack of not caring to make the adjustment or continuing to be ignorant to it.  

But Jacques Lemaire was great to hear in a presser and he had a good blend of levity but also being incredibly serious.  

• Like 1