Wacey Rabbit calls it a career

yave1964

Wacey Rabbit who was the Captain for the ECHLs Jacksonville Icemen has hung up his skates at the age of 34.

Dudes and dudettes, I have loved his name ever since he was drafted by Boston like 15 years ago. I follow eliteprospects religiously, keeping track of every transaction for pretty much every team I collect Hockey cards, I am probably the only person in central Ohio who has a Wacey Rabbit Hockey card (2006 with the Saskatoon Blades, lol) He was a mediocre prospect, a bit small and scouting reports a;ways said he had a choppy way of skating but worked hard, he played in the AHL for five years with Providence before his career took him to:

Providence

Vancouver Giants

Milwaukee Admirals

San Antonio

Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL

Then it got wierd

Croatia

Norway

Japan (! Really! Japan)

Switzerland

Italy

Back to the states for a cup of coffee with Jacksonville

The Czech league

Back to Jacksonville for a whole year

Romania

Then back to Jacksonville for the past two seasons where he retired as Captain following the past season. If Rabbit gets frequent flyer miles for all of his stops he should be able to fly anywhere in the world for free. That is if he wants too, he might be too jetlagged. 

Anyway, his freaking name, WACEY RABBIT, man I loved the name, and I swer every time he left one country for another it seemed as if I were checking eliteprospects for NHL or AHL transactions and while wading through the names his seemed to invariably pop up. I confess to never having seen him play but I rooted for him nonetheless as I loved the name. He had a lot of deep playoff runs and seemed to put up solid postseason numbers most seasons.

Anyway, Wacey Rabbit, here is to you and your cool as hell freaking name, good luck with all future endeavors. Gonna miss seeing your name pop up.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1