Farabee Extended - 6 years, $30m ($5m AVV)

Digityman

21 minutes ago, Digityman said:

That keeps him signed through 2027-2028.   

I know I wasn't that impressed with him at first but I was convinced and I'm glad I was.  This could turn out to be a steal pretty quickly.

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2021/9/2/22654066/philadelphia-flyers-sign-joel-farabee-to-6-year-contract-extension-cap-nhl-free-agency

Wow I didn't see this coming up after leading the team in goals the price to lock him up would only go up next offseason so nice to see Chuckles lock him up now.

You'd think once he tops 30 goals (which I expect this season) you could easily tack on another 500K-1 mill to the price tag per year later so good job.

Pause while we await the first bitch and moan post by some poor Flyer fan...

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Like 1

Was a big fan of this pick by Hextall since day 1... even said he might wear the C one day. It's what made the O'Brien pick "ok" in my books, a swing for the fences after getting this "sure thing". (I know, there are none, but he was close)

This might be Fletchers greatest signing (not that there's a long list of great ones)

• Like 3

At 21 years, 74 days old, Joel Farabee became the second-youngest player in Flyers history to lead the team in goals (20) during a season.

Only Eric Lindros pulled it off at an earlier age, a month younger than Farabee, when he scored 44 goals in 1993-94.

:56ce4e56dc2e8_HighFiveSmileys:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, radoran said:

You May Be Right. Kid's got a Big Shot. Everybody Has A Dream and if he can handle the Pressure he could be getting some Easy Money.

For the Flyers it's really A Matter of Trust and they really showed that they want to Get It Right The First Time.

Keepin' the Faith. And So It Goes.

:rock:

Aren't you just The Entertainer.

Don't mind me, I'll be over here Sleeping with the Television on.  All for Lena.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, radoran said:

You May Be Right. Kid's got a Big Shot. Everybody Has A Dream and if he can handle the Pressure he could be getting some Easy Money.

For the Flyers it's really A Matter of Trust and they really showed that they want to Get It Right The First Time.

Keepin' the Faith. And So It Goes.

:rock:

Well done.

Gawd I hate Billy Joel!

edit: just saw mks comment...great minds

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, CoachX said:

So Chucky signs Coots and Farabee and then brings in Brasaard 

Seriously,  I think he reads this forum and does this stuff just to fck with us

I really do think he does stuff just to piss me off.

Can you tell him I've been to Minneapolis? So he can cut the crap!