Jump to content

2021 Training Camp and "new team"


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too soon? I'm just really excited to see how this all plays out this year.   When does camp even start? I know I have a pre-season game in Boston on the 30th so gotta be soonish.   I must say, even though I go into every season with a "glass half full" mind frame (and it usually only takes weeks for said glass to be knocked over by the Flyers), My glass is like 3/4 full this year! Here's why! (for what's its worth...I'm no expert!)   1) Carter Hart: Yup, this is the

I'm very optimistic about this team. So much so I joined a discussion forum (Hi) . Amazing how beautifully they redid the D (which was the biggest problem imo) and now this team is so much more balanced than it was. I definitely think this is a playoff team, and Hart should be much better behind this D too. It will be a good year. 

Never too early I guess. Training camp should be starting next week I would think.   Carter Hart should rebound this year. Camp may help him more than anyone. So too should the addition of Ellis. Time will tell whether Ristolainen or Yandle actually help him. Yandle I doubt. Risto should at least make it more difficult to stand in front of him. I'll assume Jones will give us an .896 save percentage. I can't believe that's the best Fletcher could come up with.    Ellis was a n

I admire the optimism of you guys but I've been a Philly sports fan for far too long to buy into the always rosy pre-season hype.  Despite the many changes I don't see the Flyers having the top level talent that other teams in their division have.  I'm pretty sure it'll be 50 years and counting between Cups.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Poconono said:

I admire the optimism of you guys but I've been a Philly sports fan for far too long to buy into the always rosy pre-season hype.  Despite the many changes I don't see the Flyers having the top level talent that other teams in their division have.  I'm pretty sure it'll be 50 years and counting between Cups.

 

Well i noticed your second team is the Blackhawks maybe you should try following them.

 

Hey i get it rains no matter where you are but don't you ever get tired of always ONLY posting negative stuff about the Flyers or Phantoms??? Seems like you need another hobby. Seriously.

 

Try posting something you think will happen to the club that will be a good thing. You know a positive post. 

 

Your next positive post about anything will be your first bro. Seriously why even get out of bed...

 

:bonkingheadonwall:

 

 

 

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I expect an very interesting year to come...

Seriously bro...Can you just try posting ONE negative comment? I mean, I know it's sunny and warm sometimes, but man.... Every once and a while it rains too! I mean, how do you even sleep so well every night so cozy and optimistic (aside from the bourbon intake)!!.....

 

:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

 

😉

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Every once and a while it rains too! I mean, how do you even sleep so well every night so cozy and optimistic (aside from the bourbon intake)!!.....

 

Mary Jane is my neighbor...

 

:DancingGrape:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

190 huh hope it translates...

 

:PopcornSmiley2:

He went from about 170 to 190... That sounds good too me. I don't think that's so much muscle that it hinders performance.

 

I'm excited to see what this team is like.  I think it will be a month or maybe two until we know what we're looking at.

A lot of new faces, might take a minute to gel.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

He went from about 170 to 190... That sounds good too me. I don't think that's so much muscle that it hinders performance.

 

I'm excited to see what this team is like.  I think it will be a month or maybe two until we know what we're looking at.

A lot of new faces, might take a minute to gel.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

How can you not love this kid?

 

 

 

 

Wade Allison discusses hit from Matt Rempe on Cooper Zech in the first period that led to Allison and Rempe fight: "I didn't like that hit at the beginning. There's no need for that. I thought it was a cheap hit. So I'm just standing up for my teammates. That s*** don't fly.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

How can you not love this kid?

 

 

 

 

Wade Allison discusses hit from Matt Rempe on Cooper Zech in the first period that led to Allison and Rempe fight: "I didn't like that hit at the beginning. There's no need for that. I thought it was a cheap hit. So I'm just standing up for my teammates. That s*** don't fly.

Allison: So what's good with you 73?

Damn.

 

That kid is a *****' dawg.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Good Post 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

How can you not love this kid?

 

 

 

 

Wade Allison discusses hit from Matt Rempe on Cooper Zech in the first period that led to Allison and Rempe fight: "I didn't like that hit at the beginning. There's no need for that. I thought it was a cheap hit. So I'm just standing up for my teammates. That s*** don't fly.

 

Not that I want to see Allison make a career out of fighting guys the size of Rempe, but good to see him not taking any crap. Kid sure is a gamer.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2021 at 11:34 AM, mojo1917 said:

Allison: So what's good with you 73?

Damn.

 

That kid is a *****' dawg.

 

Well looks like Thompson and Brassard might come in handy.

 

 

 

  Kevin Hayes was skating Monday and felt something in his groin, had an MRI and surgery today will be out 6-8 weeks.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This season, even though training camp hasn’t begun yet, is not starting out on a good note.  At least 3 guys out with injuries already.  They won’t be in “game shape” when they make it back off the IR.

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sam Morin has surgery to remove loose bodies in knee will be out 6-8 weeks.

 

Wade Allison has sprained ankle will be out indefinitely.

Hayes additional abdominal surgery. he's 6 to 8 weeks too.

Plus, that's core surgery, he might not be right this year. 

-joy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Flyers have signed Jon-Randall Avon to an entry level contract.

 

One of the speediest prospect the Flyers have signed in many years per Bill M.

 

Good job we'll see if he pans out.

 

:DancingGrape:

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Flyers have signed Jon-Randall Avon to an entry level contract.

 

One of the speediest prospect the Flyers have signed in many years per Bill M.

 

Good job we'll see if he pans out.

 

:DancingGrape:

 

It's tough to predict a guy who last played when he was 16 in the OHL...but 11 points isn't bad at all for a kid that age. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

 

It's tough to predict a guy who last played when he was 16 in the OHL...but 11 points isn't bad at all for a kid that age. 

 

Sure but you can't teach speed...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't believe it is starting today...

 

Group A

 

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny

Lindblom-Brassard-Atkinson

Ratcliffe-Laczynski-Foerster

Fitzgerald-O’Reilly-Mayhew

 

Provorov-Ellis

Yandle-Braun

Zamula-Seeler

Hogberg-Zanetti

 

Hart

Ersson

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to hear....besides Giroux picking on a senior citizen...

 

Early observations from Group A:
 
- Hart looks sharp
- Yandle isn't coasting on his veteran rep status, real high-effort day
- Lindblom looks more like the old Lindblom again to me
- Giroux still his usual hyper-competitive self, particularly with Braun, they've been battling
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...