Willman-Cates-Wilson

Sanheim-Ristolainen

York-Clendening

Millman-Wylie

Day-van de Leest

Jones

Sandstrom

Something to prove

Is that the new motto for the 2021-22 season??

I will say it has been awhile since i have been this intrigued by the new additions to the team and don't know what to really expect.

I will be checking in and their performance will determine how long i watch.

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Like 2

Giroux: We have to play better in front of our goalie. Having the puck more is a good way to defend better, too.

Rasmus Ristolainen said some teammates joked with him via text messages about how unpleasant he was to play against in the past. They’ve quashed anything that may have happened before.

"That's ok, I like to be hated."

Damn Risko looks huge.

15 minutes ago, radoran said:

Kinda funny to see 15 C with 9 RW and 6 LW - and of those five wingers in Group C.

That's it. That's the post.

Yeah that C group is basically guys who won't be on the Flyers or the Phantoms. Which i am sure you know - and the Flyer way everyone plays center!!!!!

:beer:

• Like 1

NAK usage on PK organiZationally has been so bizarre.

One of best PKers in CHL.

Hardly ever used in AHL there.

Feels like would have made a lot of sense to "groom" him in AHL for PKing instead of hardly use him for five years when had pedigree.

AMEN.

:rage:

I'm pretty high on this team this year.  A decent amount of new blood, changed up locker room in combination with players wanting/needing to prove themselves (TK, OL, Hart, Frost, to some extent Risto....).   It *can* be a good combination to have and if everything comes together, this team can win some playoff rounds but they have to stay healthy and get off to a good start.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

I'm very optimistic about this team. So much so I joined a discussion forum (Hi) . Amazing how beautifully they redid the D (which was the biggest problem imo) and now this team is so much more balanced than it was. I definitely think this is a playoff team, and Hart should be much better behind this D too. It will be a good year. 

Welcome to the Forum! Absolutely love your screen name. You will fit right on in here. 

Again Welcome 😊

~Doc

• Like 1

Personally I'm just glad they got Nate Thompson back.

In all seriousness maybe the D moves will work out better than I thought when they went down. I still hate the way the Flyers handled Gostisbehere and I think Ristolainin is at best a huge gamble...but there's plenty to like about the D in general. Hart should have an easier time seeing pucks w/out guys camped out in his crease and the age/experience factor of all the new players should make for better breakouts and more controlled gaps btw O and D... less confusion with the puck. I just hope Ironman Yandle can keep up, that his inevitable dropoff isn't too steep. And that Risto actually, you know, plays Defense instead of Kill The Guy With The Puck.

Over all a solid first game of the year even if it was just a mixed squad.

And I can't say I watched every minute but what I did see it was a good start.

I know some here won't like this but Brassard was one of the best forwards of the game. I thought he played very physical and didn't make any bone head plays that I saw.

A very nice play by Ellis and this impressive pass off the wall.

I think we are going to enjoy this guy.

Good to see Ersson play finally.

I hope we get to see Sandstrom next game.

• Like 1